Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Men should talk:
More 9 29.03%
Less 22 70.97%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree14Likes

Old 06-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2885: The Fixer w/ Shalewa Sharpe

Meeting Black Panther; Trump and Kim Jong-un, Donald vs. De Niro, and Trump vs. paper; dating energy; Kid-toucher James Levine naively tries to defend himself; The Handmaid's Tale, Incredibles 2, and Ocean's 8 discussed and spoiled

Guest:
Shalewa Sharpe

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

I loved the guest! Moar Killmonger's mother!
The pym particle is what shrinks and enlarges things in Antman. I loved the movie but Keith is right. How the fuck does the pym particle know where to stop and why does the mass of the object change too? The dude shrank a building and lugged it around like luggage! On another note how does the Hulk gain mass!?
Keith likes this.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Great episode!

Loved this episode!

I feel similar to Keith, if I was to march on parliament over Brexit, destruction of the NHS etc I’d turn round and I’d be all by myself.

If it’s any consolation I’m petitioning my MP to raise the issue of the kids being separated at the US Mexico boarder in Parliament to try and get UK government to make a statement criticising what’s happening. Unfortunately we have a load of morons who support Trump over here.
Keith likes this.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Great Episode! and its funny that "A Handmaids Tale" movie was mentioned as I watched it this weekend. The terrible acting gave me an appreciation for the TV show which has fantastic acting. Also I feel TV shows work better for books because it allows for the story to be fleshed out more than a 90 min movie
Keith and SpareBen like this.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Shalewa is always such a great guest. Keith’s movie reviews continue to be unpredictable. There were things that could be nitpicked in Incredibles 2 but he let it go. I don’t want to say what they were because I don’t want to rob him of joy. Keith has turned me into a monster.
Sparrow likes this.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
There were things that could be nitpicked in Incredibles 2 but he let it go. I don’t want to say what they were because I don’t want to rob him of joy.
Eye-roll.jpg
Old 06-20-2018, 06:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Eye-roll.jpg

Right back at you
Old 06-21-2018, 08:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The Handmaid's Tale is one of my all-time fave books and one of the only books that made the cut when I moved from Australia to the US. I read it every couple of years.

The Handmaid's Tale movie from the 90s is a pretty good version of the book and if you need to write a book report then that's what you should watch.

The series, on the other hand, takes the book and explodes the book into a whole universe. It is more broad. It's updated for current technology and social norms. The 1985 book and the 1990 movie don't feature smartphones or GPS for example. It's also far darker, partly because it seems like they're not just saying 'hey here was a cool book from back in the day, here's a series' but 'hey, remember that cool book from back in the day, well this shit is getting scarily close to happening, and let's just see how that might look, open your fucking eyes.'

TLDR watch the series but don't binge watch it unless you want to slit your wrists.
Keith and astrokahn like this.
Old 06-21-2018, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
The Handmaid's Tale is one of my all-time fave books and one of the only books that made the cut when I moved from Australia to the US.

TLDR watch the series but don't binge watch it unless you want to slit your wrists.
God shit damn I love this show. But like in a real fucked up cant sleep at night after watching it kind of way. I really hope she gets out of Gilead bc I’ve heard there are many more seasons to come, and goddamn if I invest all this lost sleep into her NOT escaping and finding ways to save her babies from the outside and murder the commander and Serena shitbag and aunt Lydia the terrible and free all the handmaida and burn that place to the facken ground.....

I’m starting to feel the same kind of emotional investment I felt when the Losties couldn’t get off the island.
Keith and lizsquiz like this.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Handmaids Tale

I think I’ll read the book. I’ve seen season one of Handmaids Tale and that along with Trump being elected made me go into an early menopause and my overies went on strike (no joke).

I’ve decided to give season two a miss, not least because I’ve yet to here about a tv program that would on prime time television show the systematic rape and mutilation of men’s bodies in such a graphic way. It’s an excellent story but I think the theme transcends what we see in the tv program and it just becomes a case of “What’s the most disgusting/humiliating thing that could happen to a women, let’s show that week after week.

The diactomy between Trump (And all the rich old white men ) and the theme of the show is too much for me to handle.
Keith likes this.

no shitbags