Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: POON LOVERS ONLY
Tits 10 22.22%
Ass 15 33.33%
No preference 20 44.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree149Likes

Old 06-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

“I can appreciate a nice pair of breasts, and I like a nice ass, but if that person is a racist, I’m sorry, but no thank you! I’d rather no tits or ass and them just being a genuinely good person.”
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah. What I said.
Old 06-29-2018, 04:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
10 days of silence sounds incredible. Not sure of the vegan thing but damn, no talking sounds beautiful. Good for you Chemda!
Do the vegan thing. I approve.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:29 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Why are you deliberately ignoring my only question?
Nope. I asked you why you were trying to make out I was sexist rather than addressing my point. You tried to go somewhere, taking a peek at my profile and then insinuating something that wasn't true.

Compare your response to Chemda's, which was more than reasonable and in return got a decent reply. The fact you went straight on the attack says a lot.

To answer your question, around 26:35 in todays episode is where you all go into the feedback loop. You also asked people to let you know in the forums about how they felt about todays rant, around that time, and yeah that went well.

10/10 for listener engagement
Old 06-29-2018, 06:20 PM   #35 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

But you didn’t tell us.

Do you know that?

You hear we attacked men today. I’m asking you how. How did Baby Matt feel attacked?

You know what I’m saying.

You’re the kind of guy that in person you’d act like you weren’t being listened to while being so earnest.

“Well if you’d just let me say!!!”

Behave.

We have excellent listener engagement. That’s what you didn’t expect. You didn’t realize you can’t just pout and run away.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Well, I didn't expect for you to speak my secret out loud on the show.

I, too, have been struggling with how I'm using weed in my life. I quit drinking almost three years ago and was completely sober for a while. It was a pivotal point for me and the trajectory of my life changed drastically.

And then my mom got sick and died and she wasn't supposed to. She took a very quick turn we didn't see coming and then was just gone. I don't use the word "fair" in my life, but god dammit, it's not fair that she, out of all the people, had to get sick and die.

Her death rocked me to my core and my heart hurt and I couldn't use my old coping mechanism, so I starting smoking and hoped like hell that might help. That was stupid and weak. But, it did help, and, at first, I only used it occasionally. But, now, here we are, where my addict brain has taken over and thinks it can only feel okay when it's high. It's stupid.

Your use pretty much mirrored my use. I wake up and smoke before work and then am not high by the time I get there, maybe. I work two full-time jobs at the same time and go to school at night and am functioning just fine. Actually, really well. It makes it very easy to justify it. I can smoke during the day, smoke on my way to school, smoke on my way home, come home, maintain a good relationship with my partners and kids and family. And just like you said, I don't even know when I'm high anymore.

But then Andrea drove the point straight home that she didn't stop one addiction to pick up another, which is exactly what I have done. Fuck. I've really been trying to ignore that.

I have an amazing family that supports me unconditionally and I've been struggling with this alone because I am ashamed that addiction has hold of me again. I feel like I'm being a fraud in my own life because my tribe and I take pride in ourselves for living an authentic life, and expecting that of those we are close to. I'm not hiding the use, but I'm not being authentic if I'm hiding this struggle.

I have been on the edge of making the move to be completely sober again for too long. It's time. I quit drinking after hearing a show with Dan Soder and I guess this is your's and Andrea's turn. I'm going to miss getting high.

Now, feelings.

Thanks for sharing your life with us,

Amanda
Keith, The Girl, FreydNot and 3 others like this.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:42 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
But you didn’t tell us.

Do you know that?

You hear we attacked men today. I’m asking you how. How did Baby Matt feel attacked?

You know what I’m saying.

You’re the kind of guy that in person you’d act like you weren’t being listened to while being so earnest.

“Well if you’d just let me say!!!”

Behave.

We have excellent listener engagement. That’s what you didn’t expect. You didn’t realize you can’t just pout and run away.
Starting to think you are not the brains of the operation
Old 06-29-2018, 06:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"And I was JUST gonna answer your question too..."

"And I was JUST gonna donate $1,000,000..."

Oh Matt.
porky2468 likes this.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLavender View Post
Well, I didn't expect for you to speak my secret out loud on the show.

I, too, have been struggling with how I'm using weed in my life. I quit drinking almost three years ago and was completely sober for a while. It was a pivotal point for me and the trajectory of my life changed drastically.

And then my mom got sick and died and she wasn't supposed to. She took a very quick turn we didn't see coming and then was just gone. I don't use the word "fair" in my life, but god dammit, it's not fair that she, out of all the people, had to get sick and die.

Her death rocked me to my core and my heart hurt and I couldn't use my old coping mechanism, so I starting smoking and hoped like hell that might help. That was stupid and weak. But, it did help, and, at first, I only used it occasionally. But, now, here we are, where my addict brain has taken over and thinks it can only feel okay when it's high. It's stupid.

Your use pretty much mirrored my use. I wake up and smoke before work and then am not high by the time I get there, maybe. I work two full-time jobs at the same time and go to school at night and am functioning just fine. Actually, really well. It makes it very easy to justify it. I can smoke during the day, smoke on my way to school, smoke on my way home, come home, maintain a good relationship with my partners and kids and family. And just like you said, I don't even know when I'm high anymore.

But then Andrea drove the point straight home that she didn't stop one addiction to pick up another, which is exactly what I have done. Fuck. I've really been trying to ignore that.

I have an amazing family that supports me unconditionally and I've been struggling with this alone because I am ashamed that addiction has hold of me again. I feel like I'm being a fraud in my own life because my tribe and I take pride in ourselves for living an authentic life, and expecting that of those we are close to. I'm not hiding the use, but I'm not being authentic if I'm hiding this struggle.

I have been on the edge of making the move to be completely sober again for too long. It's time. I quit drinking after hearing a show with Dan Soder and I guess this is your's and Andrea's turn. I'm going to miss getting high.

Now, feelings.

Thanks for sharing your life with us,

Amanda

Amanda,

You are not weak! Life is hard and throws us some bigger than usual shit sometimes.

I’m so sorry for your loss. That’s a really hard place to be. Don’t be alone in your pain about loading your mom. Let your wonderful family in on your tears, your fears, and your thoughts of addiction.

There is nothing to be scared about. You are loved. I know you know it. Now might be the time to lean on it.

Be good to yourself. You deserve it.

Much love from me and all of us!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-29-2018, 06:52 PM   #40 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

i second all this, but I'm busy with Matt right now.

You're gonna conquer this too, just like you did drinking and being a great mom (except for that part where you told your daughter about all the people you were fucking in your basement).

We love you.
CherryLavender, porky2468 and Apia like this.