Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Abolish ICE?
Yes 31 81.58%
No 7 18.42%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree81Likes

Old 07-03-2018, 01:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Keep your whataboutism to yourself. We were fine before ICE.
re whataboutism, you didn't address anything in my original post. Re fine before ICE, their duties were carried out by USCIS. Educate yourself before resorting to four-legs-good-two-legs-bad-ism.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #22 (permalink)

Following Orders

The Nuremberg trials sorted out that following orders is not a valid excuse for why the Nazis carried out atrocities during WW2. Itís not shocking that a military state would treat vulnerable people that way, itís shocking that each person involved in separating the families, detaining them, putting them in court is complicit in such an inhuman system. Not one had the guts to tell their superiors to get fucked when they realised what they had to do.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
Because they handle homeland security investigations involving smugglers of women and children, drugs and weapons. If you're for gun control and against sex trafficking, you should not be repeating the insane call to abolish ICE. You are heralding Dystopia.

(credentials: being a legal naturalized US citizen put me in close contact with ICE several times, has cost me thousands of dollars + I passed the citizenship test. I currently identify as a white male however so feel free to disregard all this)

Disclaimer: I have not listened to this episode yet.
Hahaha, you really just said that.
Keith, The Girl and Lanfear like this.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:41 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
re whataboutism, you didn't address anything in my original post. Re fine before ICE, their duties were carried out by USCIS. Educate yourself before resorting to four-legs-good-two-legs-bad-ism.
Educate myself about what exactly?
Apia likes this.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Arresting US citizens, kicking over water bottles in the desert, housing children in fucking cages, and abusing people's 4th amendment are just some of the things they do. Fuck them. Fuck them. Fuck them.
SUPER fuck ICE!!!

There was a great turn out to the Anti-ICE rally, in my little mtn town, this last weekend. One protester brought up that ICE has requested 22 beds from our local jail to house people they detain. So thereís a local movement to put pressure on the sheriff, make it a state rights issue, and tell these feds to fuck off.

If you havenít already, check out recent NPR Fresh Air podcast ep The Ongoing Problem at the Border. A writer in El Paso describes a mother whose 9 year old is taken away. Itís heart breaking. It ainít right. It doesnít have to be this way.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:10 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopyLou79 View Post
The Nuremberg trials sorted out that following orders is not a valid excuse for why the Nazis carried out atrocities during WW2. Itís not shocking that a military state would treat vulnerable people that way, itís shocking that each person involved in separating the families, detaining them, putting them in court is complicit in such an inhuman system. Not one had the guts to tell their superiors to get fucked when they realised what they had to do.
pictures and recordings from inside the detention centers were leaked to the media by people who were presumably working in there and wanted to call attention to what was going on.
Old 07-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
pictures and recordings from inside the detention centers were leaked to the media by people who were presumably working in there and wanted to call attention to what was going on.
Thatís true but itís pretty passive, the kids were still separated. If I was told to do something I thought was morally wrong at my work I wouldnít do it.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 07-04-2018, 08:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What should we do with people who show up with their families at the Texas border and ask for asylum? That's what we're talking about. The overwhelming majority will be denied asylum. The previous policy was to give them a court date and let them into the country. If you don't think that's reasonable, and I don't, what would you do with them?
Old 07-04-2018, 09:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

With peace and love, Flerchin, you didn't even look up what could we do.

What HAVE we done?

We could drive them to the access places we already have to get processed. This didn't JUST happen. YOU'RE HERE!!!

We could turn them away completely as a family.

What COULD we do? We can think for a god damn second and look how they already WEREN'T separating the children. Think why it's different now.

I get what you're saying, but it's a defense mechanism to not feel sad. What the fuck, man.

Does no one ask how they got here? And WHY? Do you really not know the work it takes to cross that fuckin' border? FROM CENTRAL AMERICA!

EDITED TO ADD: 'FROM CENTRAL AMERICA!' DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE THEY'RE COMING FROM?! FOR FORTUNE AND FAME?

Last edited by Keith; 07-04-2018 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I also say this with peace and love, and I really appreciate that you preface your comments with that.

Families are showing up claiming asylum. They are given the option to leave, but they decline.

It's different now because Trump is not just letting them into the country. The folks arriving are under the impression that we would, based on the policy that Obama put in place during the last few years of his administration. Before that time, families would have been separated.

Yes it's a long journey from Central America, that doesn't change that they probably won't get asylum, and that we cannot just freely let them in. A judge will have to rule on the asylum claim.

We have places to hold people while they wait for a judge's ruling. In those places, they typically separate children from adults. They are in fact cages. It's not pretty.

I understand that it's ugly, but these poor folks are allowed to go home.