Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you attend therapy and/or group meetings?
Yes 14 25.93%
No 40 74.07%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree110Likes

Old 07-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Red hair A+
porky2468 likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 12:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

Why did Emily rant about Spooky being some wild-child, free-spirit weirdo, just to admit that she just liked hot people. Basically, his personality was completely irrelevant and you wanted to fuck him because he looks hot. Spooky could have had any personality and the undertone of your description is that you want to fuck him. So why even bring up his personality if your motive is objectification?
Old 07-26-2018, 04:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Mad props for opening up like that Andrea, it's tough as heck to let yourself be that vulnerable but it helps others who feel the same way to know they aren't alone, which means you are a literal superhero when you really think about it.
Keith and Steph like this.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Andrea and Emily are both such awesome people! Hot Mess has helped me realise I'm not alone in my messedness (some of which I'm ashamed about, others which I've always foind funny but it's nice knowing I'm not the only one doing it). I'm sure you've helped loads of others too, so you have something to be proud of. Keep doing what you think is best for yourself and ignore other people who don't "get" it. And keep being open about it too ��
Keith, Sparrow and LoopyLou79 like this.

Last edited by porky2468; 07-26-2018 at 05:15 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph View Post
People who DON'T go to therapy and support groups are the ones we should be questioning!
Maybe they can't afford it.
Enunciated Piffle and Mermaid like this.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Or maybe they didn’t bother to see if they can go for free cause they don’t really want to go.

Or maybe the therapy building burned down. Or maybe they’re on a work assignment in the Middle East. Or maybe the therapist in their town IS the rapist. Or maybe...
Old 07-26-2018, 04:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

This month I had my 2 year anniversary in CoDA! Got another GOLDEN COIN and felt pretty darn good. Our meeting has been steadily getting bigger with more regulars so maybe the word is getting out somehow (maybe via this podcast?!?).

I've been to one ACA meeting I really liked but my work schedule/being fucking exhausted hasn't let me go back to it since. I do plan on going back tho.

I get the fear around becoming "That 12 Step" person, who only talks about recovery and the next meeting (neither Chemda or Andrea are like this at all. btw). I wanted to hang out with some people from my meeting in a regular setting without needing to have gone to a meeting beforehand. Everyone got so anxious and caught up in the details (that is to say they were acting fucking goofy) that we ended up just going to 2 meetings and getting food in one day. I dunno if they're addicted to it but they seemed a bit too desperate for it

hooray for selfhelp
Bucho likes this.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Thank you, Andrea, for sharing so much of your life with us!!! The strength it must take for you to be so open is unfathomable to me (you're right, that pussy is strong). I have my own share of shit and have a voice in my head telling me I'm overreacting and am weak and that anyone else in my shoes would have been okay. It's comforting for me to hear you speak of similar experiences. I've been a supporter for a while but this episode guaranteed an Andrea Allan fan for life.
Keith, Bucho, Lanfear and 3 others like this.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:54 PM   #19 (permalink)

Great Show

I'm not a big forums person and I stopped using twitter. Incredible time today. Very moving. Take care of yourself.
Bucho, Sparrow and Apia like this.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndangeredMouse. View Post
Why did Emily rant about Spooky being some wild-child, free-spirit weirdo, just to admit that she just liked hot people. Basically, his personality was completely irrelevant and you wanted to fuck him because he looks hot. Spooky could have had any personality and the undertone of your description is that you want to fuck him. So why even bring up his personality if your motive is objectification?
Everyone ranted about Spooky being some wild-child, free-spirit weirdo you goofy fuck - Keith and Chemda most of all - why you singling out The Lubinator?

Sounds to me like someone has a little crush and got a little jealous hearing Emily talk about Spooky being a dimepiece.