Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Keith’s anti-church stance
It’s noble, I appreciate him not going to church 101 87.07%
It’s not that deep, who gives a fuck 15 12.93%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree224Likes

Old 12-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
“She has AIDS.”

What makes you say that?

“I know someone who has AIDS.”
How all mental health diagnoses are handled by non clinicians.

"she yelled at me and went through my phone after a breakup, clearly she's borderline"
Keith and The Girl like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 02:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
Did you see the picture? She totally dislocated her tibia!
Gah, that picture, that PICTURE. I went "AAAAAHHH" out loud and scared at least one of my cats. So gnarly and horrible and painful looking.

(Another good part of the live chat on youtube was Chemda going "....morphine!")
Old 12-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Is there is anything we fans can do to help Chemda during her recovery? Just brainstorming but her bathroom may need some safety bars installed. I had a special toilet seat with arm rests while I was recovering from surgery...anything to help prevent slip-and-falls in the home that could cause more injury.

please let us know if there is going to be a go fund me or something to help get our Girl back to health ♥️♥️♥️
Keith, The Girl, Lanfear and 5 others like this.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Did Chemda's lower leg get a new zip code after that accident? Which state is her kneecap in if we want to send a card? Seriously, all the best and get well soon. Hopefully that rule of three will kick in and she can win the lottery. that's the only thing I can think of that can even out all that crap?
Keith, The Girl, Piscean and 1 others like this.
Old 12-20-2018, 03:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I stopped going to church several years ago and it was very difficult for a while. I had the same dynamic with my mother who though I should just go because of tradition, but after several discussions and me pointing out that she (as a strong independent liberal) didn't really believe in all that crap either she relented and we have settled into an uneasy peace.

That being said, she does not have a developing dementia problem where we have to have the same arguments over and over again. I think if we were contending with something like that I may reconsider.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I voted that I care. But you should do it for yourself, fuck if we care. I stopped going to church for my family as well. I'm doing it for me. I started doing it before listening to you take your stand. Maybe someone else needs to hear it but, honestly who cares. If it makes you feel better, bless up.
Lanfear and Hera like this.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith was calling out sex creepos like Pat Dixon years ago. Finally it broke through into mainstream consciousness with Me Too.

Keep being a leading voice in the anti-Catholic bullshit stakes too Keith. You're one of the heroes the vulnerable kids and LGBTQ folks of the world needs.
Keith, Lanfear, isabella79 and 6 others like this.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:00 PM   #28 (permalink)

Don’t really post ever, but holy fuck Chemdas leg!!😱😱😱😱😱😱
Keith, The Girl, lizsquiz and 1 others like this.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:58 AM   #29 (permalink)

I fully believe that organized religion will be the downfall of our species as a whole. It encourages us to separate off into our tribes, and to be suspicious, mistrustful, if not downright hateful of the people in other tribes. Even if the tribe is almost a mirror image of your own. Look at Catholic vs the various denominations of protestantism, Shi'a vs Sunni, orthodox vs reformed Judaism. Even when people use the same book they can't agree, and I think that's because it's always been the nature of the human race to just go around picking fights with whatever we're threatened by. Religion provides this outlet.

In regards to Baby It's Cold Outside, that radio station is doing the equivalent of rolling coal. Openly doing something stupid out of defiance, for the sake of pissing someone else off. As far as the song itself goes, I understand people still liking it because it's got that jazzy piano thing going for it that so many songs of its era had. I think at this point we could retire the words and keep it as an instrumental track, and I think that would be a fair compromise. We still get the nostalgia of the musical era, without having to keep the lyrics.

In other words, keep what's good, drop what's bad.

Edit: one more note on the song; as bad as it is, I think Santa Baby is worse. It’s always sung in such an infantillized voice, because that’s supposed to be sexy? I fucking hate it.
Keith, porky2468 and FingerLakes like this.

Last edited by O'Ryan; 12-21-2018 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Adding more ranting
Old 12-21-2018, 06:01 AM   #30 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

What a terrible year Chemda, hope you mend quickly!

Keith if you have any doubts about your stance check out this podcast (maybe play it for your parents):
https://www.revealnews.org/episodes/...f-the-fathers/

The church used rural Alaska as a dumping ground for Jesuit perverts. One "man of god" got a young girl pregnant then stood by while her father got arrested and sent to prison for it. Truly vomitous.
Keith likes this.