Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: SOBER PEOPLE: Do you find drunk people more amusing or annoying?
Amusing 11 19.30%
Annoying 21 36.84%
I'm not a sober person 25 43.86%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree41Likes

Old 01-12-2019, 01:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

I was also upset listening to Chemda speak about the hospital chaos. The bad care of nurses and other staff there are symptoms of the larger issue of our healthcare system being completely inefficient and unjust.

I work in a hospital in Philadelphia, and can tell you that the people in charge do not give two shits about providing adequate care to patients. Hospital staff are overworked, undertrained, and underpaid, which leads to chaotic hospital environments and stories like Chemda's. For-profit hospital/health insurance CEOs are the first people I would prosecute (if I was the supreme ruler or some shit) for literally killing and bankrupting sick people on a daily basis in the name of eking out a few more dollars.

Any candidate for president in 2020 that won't fight for a healthcare bill that will actually take on the for-profit healthcare industry (rather than propping it up like Obamacare) can suck my ass. #medicareforall #impissed #bewareofdemocratsthatsuck
monarch and PippaMags like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
I was also upset listening to Chemda speak about the hospital chaos. The bad care of nurses and other staff there are symptoms of the larger issue of our healthcare system being completely inefficient and unjust.

I work in a hospital in Philadelphia, and can tell you that the people in charge do not give two shits about providing adequate care to patients. Hospital staff are overworked, undertrained, and underpaid, which leads to chaotic hospital environments and stories like Chemda's. For-profit hospital/health insurance CEOs are the first people I would prosecute (if I was the supreme ruler or some shit) for literally killing and bankrupting sick people on a daily basis in the name of eking out a few more dollars.

Any candidate for president in 2020 that won't fight for a healthcare bill that will actually take on the for-profit healthcare industry (rather than propping it up like Obamacare) can suck my ass. #medicareforall #impissed #bewareofdemocratsthatsuck
Just want to say thank you for your service and hard work as a hospital employee. It is terrible how overworked and under appreciated many hospital workers are. It is the system that burns people out and underpays good people until there isn’t much left but a shell of a person with no more compassion left. If you’re not angry you aren’t awake, and I am always grateful for people like you who are pissed and want to see change in the systems that create the problems ♥️
jcro21 and monarch like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Yes, a hospital stay like Chemda’s two visits can force bankruptcy without the proper insurance. That is why I mentioned actor and comedian Brian Scolaro.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br2uSreHhqr/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Scolaro
Recently even successful Brain forced to raise money for infusions. https://www.gofundme.com/med-bills-f...ple-scleroosis
His campaign successfully ended ($32,125) and hopefully, his insurance situation fixed.

I have many family members from Physician, nurse practitioner, nurse, an assistant nurse. Yes, the system is “completely inefficient and unjust.” But not to get off the topic that can be argued forever but I blame a major part of the problem on government intervention. Even “for profit” hospitals are getting government money and regulated by the government. On a personal note, I’m now forced to get a Brain MRI with contrast every six months because of the FDA and government interference. Government interference is directly responsible for making it “completely inefficient and unjust.”
But on a side note, the NYC hospitals, in general, don’t treat patients with excellent customer service. I did not find this problem in Ohio, South Carolina, and even Florida.
I agree the medical system is “literally killing and bankrupting sick people on a daily basis.” But its not so much for profits but to follow the system of government rules. Each healthcare worker is just trying to get through the system, and I understand.

Amazon-Berkshire-JPMorgan Health Venture Takes Aim at Middlemen:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...m-at-middlemen

Government red tape and rules destroyed the healthcare system like education. So we pay multiple times the actual value of the care and create a scarcity of services. Glad you made the comment that Obama care only made the system worse in general. Can you imagine Google, Amazon creating online diploma certified education or Walmart offering cheap 24/7 health services competing against Amazon for the same health care service.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:37 PM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

It makes me uneasy when someone uses the term "blacks".
Old 01-15-2019, 11:19 AM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
I don't fully understand Chemda's apparent annoyance with her parents ignoring her injured leg and tumor surgery. Didn't she banish them from her life? That was my understanding when she read the "last letter" she had sent to her mother.
Because when things are bad, default human reaction is "I want my mommy." When things feel hopeless or you're hurt, scared, confused... you want your mommy. Even if things are terrible, the hurt feelings and wishing a strained relationship could be different. Wishing things could be different for even a moment to have your parents' comfort and care.
Keith, The Girl, porky2468 and 1 others like this.