Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN AND WOMEN: Have you had/benefited from an abortion?
Yes 16 30.77%
No 36 69.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree43Likes

Old 05-20-2019, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
No, I was on the antibiotic because of a tick bite.
Had nothing to do with sex. I read about the side effects and it said the pill might not work 100% with it. I just had sex and got Plan B to be sure.
Well antibiotics always mess up hormonal birth control - that has nothing to do with planB but should be something every woman learns.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I wanted to make it less complicated, but here we go:

I knew that, and that’s why we used a condom in addition to the pill. The condom broke. I went to get plan B.

So I used the pill, a condom and plan B at that time.
I assumed you know that but way to many others don’t so it’s an important message to hammer home quadruple time.
Apia likes this.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:59 AM   #13 (permalink)

i don’t think anyone here is saying that. and the poll numbers support that.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
I know, as I work in the pharmaceutical field my friend.

A pregnancy can happen when an egg and sperm come together. For that you need ovulation. Plan B moves ovulation that might occur lets say today to a later point in time when the sperm in the vagina stopped working. Sperm is/can be active for a few days after sex.
This way the egg the sperm never meet. A pregnancy is prevented.
Therefore plan B is a contraceptive.
You do it just in emergency because of the high homone dose.
What you are saying are facts. US conservatives don't operate with those. Plan B is considered an abortion by right wing extremists because they have no time for science or facts. I think that's what is confusing the issue. Sparrow and Chemda are just trying to point out the ridiculousness of what we're up against here.
The Girl and bag of lazers like this.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
What you are saying are facts. US conservatives don't operate with those. Plan B is considered an abortion by right wing extremists because they have no time for science or facts. I think that's what is confusing the issue. Sparrow and Chemda are just trying to point out the ridiculousness of what we're up against here.
I don’t think that’s the complete facts though

As I mention above their website also claims it prevents fertilization & attaching an egg to the uterus.
Which makes total sense because otherwise it would be max 50% effective as once the egg is out it’s ready to be fertilized.

And my main point is we should not repeat their stupid and blatantly incorrect points - anybody who know that’s bullshit knows that already.
It’s counterproductive and helps nobody. Hit them with facts.

Might as well repeat conspiracy theories about microwaves and vitamin overdosing
Apia likes this.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

people often confuse it with the RU-486. i don’t think it’s legal here.
littlp and Apia like this.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

did a little search. it totally is since 2016 or something. wee!
Old 05-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
The plan B site says:

“Progestin‑only emergency contraception that works by delaying ovulation

Similar to birth control pills, Plan B works by delaying or stopping the release of an egg from the ovary.”

So maybe there are different kinds, but delaying or stopping the egg from dropping seems to be the main thing it does.
https://www.planbonestep.com/how-plan-b-works/

“The same active ingredient as regular birth control pills—just at a higher dose

It’s a single tablet that contains levonorgestrel, 1.5 mg, an ingredient that’s been safely used in many birth control pills for decades. Not an abortion pill.

It won’t affect an existing pregnancy.”

The hormones make the body “think” there is already a pregnancy happening and therefore no need for more.
I looked at various websites and half say it only delays ovulation and the rest say it also potentially has the other effects. Interestingly enough all the German language ones say Apia is correct and the English speaking ones that are critical say the FDA fucked up and put wrong info out there.
So I don't fucking know and I apologize if I'm wrong.

One thing they all agree on though is that it's not under any circumstances aborting an existing pregnancy. Which I think is key for this point.
Apia likes this.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think the point being made is that even though Plan B emergency contraceptive does not induce an abortion, uninformed or willfully ignorant pro-lifers call Plan B an abortion pill.
The Girl and punk'n like this.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
I think the point being made is that even though Plan B emergency contraceptive does not induce an abortion, uninformed or willfully ignorant pro-lifers call Plan B an abortion pill.
This is what I meant. Thank you!
The Girl likes this.