Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 07-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #71 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

So just re-wire.

Thanks.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:35 AM   #72 (permalink)

Spooky said he's not afraid of electricity.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
Spooky said he's not afraid of electricity.
While I was running wire for an extra power outlet in my closet (for a server) I called my Dad for some help, since he's one of those jack-of-all-trades kinda guys. Anyway, his advice was this: Electricity is not a hobby. Apparently, that's the electrician's mantra for dipshits like me who think they can do it by themselves. Fortunately, that was weeks ago and the house hasn't burned down yet.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:00 PM   #74 (permalink)

Thought you'd enjoy this from the assholes who chastised you for having a bad rss feed:

Update July 31st 14:30 (HST) The developer has made several changes to the code and those of you seeing error messages should not any longer, just be sure to fill out the e-mail and your name accurately this will prevent errors. If you do get an error we are logging everything, so you can be assured your vote will not be lost. Thousands of votes are being processed each hour, so the issues was very isolated. Contact us if you have a concern podcastawards@gmail.com
325|1:16:08|"They're not a balding racist."
Old 08-02-2006, 05:17 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Scagnetti
Not sure if this show is the one where you guys were talking about how your circuit breakers keep tripping, but you might be interested to know there's nothing wrong with your circuit breaker panel. I'm no electrician, but the reason they trip is because they're designed to limit the amount of electricity flowing through your wires. They do that because the wires themselves can only handle so much.
Actually, circuit breakers are designed to limit current, not electricity. The breaker is tripping because too much current is passing over the breaker. It could either be that one or more of the appliances is drawing too much current, the wiring in that specific circuit is bad, or the breaker itself is simply too old and is bad. Breakers don't always trip correctly. They get old and start acting flaky. It also might be the wrong sized breaker in the panel. For instance, a 15 amp instead of a 20 amp like all the rest. Somebody might have installed one that was the wrong size. Some of the wall jacks might also be bad. Sometimes they can get corroded which causes more current to flow.

One way to isolate the problem is to find out what appliances are tripping the breaker. Then move those appliances over to a whole other circuit and see if they trip that breaker. The breaker for that other circuit. If the appliances don't cause that breaker to trip, chances are it's not any of the appliances. It would be either the wiring or the breaker.

I wouldn't recommend working in the panel box unless you had at least a multimeter and a good idea of what you are doing. Personally I don't touch any wire unless I know for a fact that it isn't live.

www.bentcorner.com
Old 08-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy
You might want to re-word this last sentence.
I don't know what you mean. Really.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Actually, circuit breakers are designed to limit current, not electricity. The breaker is tripping because too much current is passing over the breaker. It could either be that one or more of the appliances is drawing too much current, the wiring in that specific circuit is bad, or the breaker itself is simply too old and is bad. Breakers don't always trip correctly. They get old and start acting flaky. It also might be the wrong sized breaker in the panel. For instance, a 15 amp instead of a 20 amp like all the rest. Somebody might have installed one that was the wrong size. Some of the wall jacks might also be bad. Sometimes they can get corroded which causes more current to flow.

One way to isolate the problem is to find out what appliances are tripping the breaker. Then move those appliances over to a whole other circuit and see if they trip that breaker. The breaker for that other circuit. If the appliances don't cause that breaker to trip, chances are it's not any of the appliances. It would be either the wiring or the breaker.

I wouldn't recommend working in the panel box unless you had at least a multimeter and a good idea of what you are doing. Personally I don't touch any wire unless I know for a fact that it isn't live.
Thanks for setting this straight. I'm not in it to get anyone killed. ;-) BTW, what the hell's the difference between current and electricity (as I was using the term)?

Last edited by Al_Scagnetti; 08-06-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:37 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Scagnetti
Thanks for setting this straight. I'm in it to get anyone killed. ;-) BTW, what the hell's the difference between current and electricity (as I was using the term)?
Current is the amount of flow of free flowing electronics in electricity. The higher the current, the higher the flow of electrons through the circuit.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Current is the amount of flow of free flowing electronics in electricity. The higher the current, the higher the flow of electrons through the circuit.
Physics was a lot of fun in university. Figuring out all the Amps and volts and shit was not. I'm glad I forgot about 99% of it already.