Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you had to put a parent in the home?
Yes 3 6.12%
No 46 93.88%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree75Likes

Old 07-29-2019, 10:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I'm so glad the emails were brought up. I thought I was going crazy, or else I was the asshole for bringing it up constantly and missed some memo that it was no longer a thing.
Keith and NotARegularMom like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I love Kyle more every time she’s on the show. Her social media is also great if you don’t follow her you should. Xerxes gets no compliments ever bc I don’t want Chemda to stab me.

If the music was recorded after 1999 I’m not into it. I really didn’t know Billy Ray Cyrus was still relevant other than being Miley’s dad.

Unless you are on the verge of death hospitals are often as useless as the cops.
sievo likes this.
Old 07-29-2019, 12:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
I saw the show pics and knew there'd be a movie review but after getting into heavy talk of murdering your parents and mothers losing their minds I certainly did not expect the talk to shift to old people arguing about seats in the movie theater.
There’s always time for Movie Time.

And if there’s not, you make time.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

I’m gonna need to hear more of Keith’s song about how every man’s plans go perfectly in their own heads.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-29-2019, 02:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You know how things have to "make sense" Keith?

After 14 years listening to you guys tell us dozens upon dozens upon dozens of tales of horror from the NY hospital system it makes less than zero sense to me that you don't automatically hit "record audio" on your phone any time you walk in through the doors of one of those G-d-forsaken hellscapes and just leave it running until you exit.

Just in case.

Because EVERY TIME there's some manner of lunacy happening in there.

Every time.
Keith, Piscean, littlp and 3 others like this.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Hickhop needs to die already.

Also Kyle is back! Woohoo!

Nope. Give black people country money. Give that black ass homosexual all the coins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Z-Corn, Bucho, panicBoy and 2 others like this.
Old 07-29-2019, 03:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

There is definitely old age dementia maybe Alzheimer's but that can be hard to distinguish from normal old age dementia in my bloodline on my mothers side.

My great grandma died when I was 9 and she was 87 and she was very messed up her last few years so I have memories of her being both normal and weird.
My grandma died just a few years ago and her last two years were in a home because there was no way she could be cared for even with a live in caretaker.

My mom is 70 so I guess we are starting the countdown clock to dementia-ville
Old 07-29-2019, 03:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicBoy View Post
I’m gonna need to hear more of Keith’s song about how every man’s plans go perfectly in their own heads.
That's all the lyrics. All the great songs have the least lyrics.
panicBoy likes this.
Old 07-29-2019, 05:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Alzheimers is a type of dementia. I think it's the most common type of dementia but there are certianly other kids. I think the only way to definitively diagnose would be an autopsy. It was found that Robin Williams actually had a type of dementia, not the parkisons that it was thought he had.
Apia and NotARegularMom like this.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

First-Kyle absolutely needs to report that nurse. Unacceptable for her to act that way. How is she responding to other people in distress. Is she bitching families out whose loved ones are dying? Reporting her is important.

Second- Dementia is the umbrella of memory issues (general diagnosis). Alzheimer’s is a specific type of dementia (Lewy body dementia, frontal temporal dementia etc)

So is your dad neglecting her? She could be considered incompetent to make her own decisions and he could be found at fault. She needs to be evaluated by a geriatrician. Or have a memory test. There are many different kinds of home care available for people with dementia. It sounds like it would be best for her to be in a home since your dad is too focused on mind fucking your ex-wife to give a damn.

Is she still remembering to bathe? Brush her teeth? I’m shocked that she can still drive after that accident. It will continue to get worse. One day if she hasn’t already she’ll forget to turn the stove off. Or as Chemda said, wander off.

I say this as a geriatric social worker who has worked with caregivers and Veterans who have the early signs/dementia for the past 7 years. I don’t want to be an alarmist-but I’ve seen scenarios like this go bad too often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bucho and Sparrow like this.