Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Were you sexually abused as a child?
Yes 11 21.15%
No 41 78.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree41Likes

Old 09-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Anyone else have a feeling they were abused but no specific memories? I have a bunch of probable situations where my parents were careless - time alone with priests / local theatre directors, etc.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
Curious whether any of the gays object to the idea of gaydar. Seems a pretty established concept and non-problematic to me.
I believe Chemda was specifically referencing his use of the term to describe his innate ability to recognize pedophiles.
Old 09-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
Curious whether any of the gays object to the idea of gaydar. Seems a pretty established concept and non-problematic to me.
I think it's as offensive as saying "I'm an empath." That is to say, not offensive, but meaningless and maybe annoying.

You probably pay more attention to people than the Average Joe and notice when they pause when discussing certain topics or when they use vague pronouns when talking about sex. But at the end of the day you're just guessing
porky2468, Apia and AstoriaGirl like this.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I voted yes on poll. I was in and out of foster care and homes until age 3 when I was adopted. I'm familiar with both sexual and physical abuse. Not sure I have to apologize for posting my thoughts on it.

I don't believe you need to apologize. But I also have to respectfully disagree with you when it comes to how these people have historically been handled. Sure, you can come up with examples of family members killing or beating the crap out of someone who hurt their kid, but when we're talking at a systemic, cultural level...then no, I don't think that we historically have done much of anything to people who harm children. We can easily sit here and say, "child molestation is evil," and believe it when we think we're talking about some horrifically evil monster person. But when you bring reality into it, and you're talking about your babysitter, your dad, your teacher, your neighbor, we see that in reality we as a culture have done a very bad job of even TALKING about this issue, let alone punishing the people who do it. Suddenly the kids are questioned about whether they are lying or mistaken, and people jump to the defense of the accused...and that's only the people who actually ARE accused. There are plenty of instances where people steadfastly look the other way for decades because they simply cannot come to terms with the fact that someone in their life is a monster.

Shit, Chapelle's new special actually takes pot shots at Michael Jackson's accusers, and claims they should feel special that it was the King of Pop touching them, and asks the "Me Too" women what "their agenda is," as if it's not patently obvious that the agenda is to stop being assaulted.
Old 09-03-2019, 05:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

If you tell him someone did something wrong and upset you he will bring them down. Unless your his sisters talking about his dad.
Old 09-03-2019, 06:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy2009 View Post
If you tell him someone did something wrong and upset you he will bring them down. Unless your his sisters talking about his dad.
👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿
Old 09-04-2019, 08:54 AM   #17 (permalink)

Hearing him imply that the constant victim sister is happier because she's with a Jehovah's Witness filled me with dread. There are few situations more dangerous to bring up children.

A search for JW sex abuse brings
several
troubling
results.