Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you not having sex with a live-in partner because of COVID-19?
Yes, we are NOT having sex 6 10.34%
No, we ARE having sex 28 48.28%
I don't have a live-in partner 24 41.38%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree55Likes

Old 03-22-2020, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Red face Isolated in Montreal

Very glad I have VIP membership, since I'm stuck in Isolation up in Montreal.

I thought I'd share what we're doing up here in Quebec, where we have a much smaller infection rate/population than in NYC:

- All non essential workers are v strongly encouraged to work from home.
- Everything is closed except grocery stores, pharmacies and medical centers. Restaurants can provide take-out / delivery only.
- Schools are closed until May 1st, from daycare to university. Daycare can only open for essential workers like those in healthcare, public transit, security, etc.
- No indoor or outdoor gatherings are allowed, and this will be enforced by the provincial police.
- they are turning the outdoor festival space in the middle of the city into an outdoor screening station to make tests more accessible.

This is all in an effort to exponentially reduce the rate of transmission, since A LOT of people are carriers / have mild symptoms but weren't aware of how contagious they were until the last few days.

I can't even explain how much my life has changed in 7 days. I work in entertainment, and I'm wondering if I'll still have a job in a month. This city's entertainment sector is vibrant and robust, but right now it's a ghost town. We are just doing everything we possibly can to flatten the curve of infection so we can get the party started again.

All that to say - JESUS CHRIST Keith dont take the subway, stay home and masturbate for fucks sake.

K love you both, wash your hands, that's all

Eli
The Girl, Bucho, Sparrow and 5 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 08:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for the isolation stories. I’m isolated over here in Calgary, Canada. I separated from my husband in early February. We’re still living together and now isolated together. We are both still working (from home) and our split is amicable... we’re really lucky, but fuck it’s hard.

Thanks to this awesome community for making my life more manageable. I love the show.

Stay safe everyone!
Keith, The Girl, Sparrow and 5 others like this.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrock View Post
Thanks for the isolation stories. I’m isolated over here in Calgary, Canada. I separated from my husband in early February. We’re still living together and now isolated together. We are both still working (from home) and our split is amicable... we’re really lucky, but fuck it’s hard.

Thanks to this awesome community for making my life more manageable. I love the show.

Stay safe everyone!
Hi Bobrock, I'm in Calgary too! Can't imagine how tough it would be to be separated and living together at this time. Hope it gets easier!
porky2468 likes this.
Old 03-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This is for poll science reasons.

Last poll I was NOT gettin' it in because I was too stressed.

Things have changed and I'm getting laid. And I'm drinking more. Fuck it all, right? Right. All right!
porky2468 likes this.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

two things:

1) that imagine video was an awe-inspiring display of asinine behavior, it was very *chef kissy hands*

2) To Chemda's great question of church spending and the congregation's right to know what the church is spending their money on - Churches are exempted by the IRS from having to disclose this information. Almost all types of non-profits (aside from some kinds of political groups) must file a yearly return that is made public by the IRS, but churches are not required to report on their kinds of spending or major expenses. Additionally, they're not required to report where their funding comes from. Sorta seems like this would be fertile ground to conceal a lot of unflattering information that should be public but, you know.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Chemda's "ok but read the rest, did it help?" really had me cracking up!

In terms of the poll, I've not had sex in 2 months because of surgery to my thigh at the end of January. I'm only this week able to put my full weight on it without pain and we've been quarantined. It's shit timing and I'm not happy about it.
Keith, The Girl and Rune like this.
Old 04-09-2020, 09:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Bf moved in, and it’s actually going better than it was. Either that, or sex is an exceptional bandaid. But then, that was never our problem. We’re spending more time together than we ever did bc of our demanding schedules ...interesting thought that it took a virus. Either this is transient and it’ll fizzle out, or it’ll be what we needed to figure things out.

Since I work at a hospital, I don’t go near him or anything else in the apartment until I’ve quickly put my clothes in the laundry, and hit the bathroom to have a shower. We had to make this decision because I needed to keep more to myself and we both have loved ones we can’t endanger, so we couldn’t be traveling back and forth to each other. I will say, between the decontamination showers and the post-sex showers, I don’t how long I could keep this up, but I haven’t yet regretted it after the fact. I’m surprised at how happy I am that he’s here, how calming and de-stressing a presence he is in general. I’m waiting for the annoyance to creep in lol. Maybe I’m not around enough to be annoyed, or maybe he’s not...
The Girl and porky2468 like this.