Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: AMERICANS: What political party are you registered under?
Democratic Party 21 67.74%
Republican Party 0 0%
A minor party 1 3.23%
None but registered to vote 5 16.13%
Never registered to vote 0 0%
I'm not an American citizen 4 12.90%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree86Likes

Old 07-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I don't even get the other side anymore.
Americans can't travel. We're stuck here because we mismanaged COVID. I've been a bartender for 20 years and I quit my job because these assholes think it's more important that they get to have a drink than I ever see my 78 year old mother again.

Black people can't get a fair shake in this country because mass incarceration is the new slavery for big corporations. I'm now a paralegal student. Kansas City has the 49th out of 50 record of defendants not getting access to legal aid. I start my internship with Legal Aid of Kansas City in December.
Fuck Republicans. You either care about humans or you care about money. Fuck you.
Old 07-21-2020, 01:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ Why View Post
Yeah fuck those assholes, I am not saying everyone who supports Bernie is unequivocally great, I'm just saying that the specific concept of a "Bernie Bro" was made up by pro-Hillary people to discount Bernie and his supporters. There are assholes on every side of the spectrum, so I don't doubt that you know people like that. I just don't think that fits the Bernie Bro stereotype that sung was referring to.
Yes, I'm referring to toxic Bernie supporters online that will say sexist/racist comments on twitter to supporters of other candidates or took over the politics subreddit and insta-block any posts that's positive about another candidate, but also the ones that I've seen in person.

I started out as a Bernie supporter but I found that another candidate had better policies. Once I switched and started volunteering, I started to see that Bernie Bros were real. Everyone I volunteered with also had a story about Bernie Bros. As an Asian person canvassing in a very red Trump area of Long Island, I found that some of racist things Trump supporters have said (one told me that he killed a lot of people like me in the Korean War) were more pleasant than what I experienced with Bernie Bros.

The experiences that I and other volunteers had are anecdotal and it is likely a small percentage of Bernie supporters that exhibit this behavior, but to say that it is made up is nonsense. I think Bernie has the best intentions for the people, that is why I supported him, but when he said that Bernie Bros are Russian bots, I lost some respect for him.

Also, the Intercept is so pro-Bernie and anti-everyone else that I couldn't read/listen to them anymore after years of following them.
Cubeforce likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don’t live in your country, but I wonder how would anyone today make a rational explanation why they vote republican without sounding like an asshole.
Scorpion and Piscean like this.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm not convinced you're not being Father Malleyed by Kari. She is a comically ridiculous cartoon of a right-winger. If she's real she's definitely a she in the way she hates on Chemda and somehow not on Keith.

But I still think you're being trolled. Nobody can be this ridiculous.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:34 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I don’t live in your country, but I wonder how would anyone today make a rational explanation why they vote republican without sounding like an asshole.
Being an asshole is the point for many people. It keeps them from their pain. We are a country built on unresolved trauma after unresolved trauma.
Keith and Christ Why like this.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

If you like Bernie or if you like Biden, fucking vote. There are elections and primaries every year. More often you vote, more politicians will court you for your vote.
Old 07-22-2020, 12:51 PM   #17 (permalink)

I don't even think Keith moved that much in his opinions, it's just that Republicans have become batshit crazy. The first time I remember Keith going "HUH?!" was when Sarah Palin showed up, which was when a lot of people started questioning things. It's only gotten more ridiculous after that with the tea party and then Trump and his gang of clowns.
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 2 others like this.
Old 07-22-2020, 04:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've always wondered where trump came up with his squirrel-assed hairdo. After seeing the picture of Mary, now I get it.

This is why we all need friends. Friends would not let you leave the house with the same hairdo your mom has.
Keith and Scorpion like this.
Old 07-23-2020, 12:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscean View Post
I've always wondered where trump came up with his squirrel-assed hairdo. After seeing the picture of Mary, now I get it.

This is why we all need friends. Friends would not let you leave the house with the same hairdo your mom has.
It might be literally the same hair.
A kind of family heirloom.
Keith, Z-Corn and Piscean like this.
Old 07-23-2020, 01:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

So triggered over a letter. You proved her letter at least partially correct by your reaction. I barely listen anymore, but I can't deny that you've gone off the deep end politically. I guess tolerance only applies to people who agree with you?