Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does Mike Tyson's current fame rub you wrong?
Yes 34 79.07%
No 9 20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By Andrea_Allan
  • 9 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By Archimedes_Screw
  • 2 Post By Scorpion
  • 1 Post By bluenova
  • 1 Post By Apia resurrected

Old 09-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

3317: Working the Polls w/ Carrie Gravenson

The Final Dad Email; gender reveal catastrophes; Handyman Keith and the bike assessment; admiring Mike Tyson; President Trump vs. sucker officers and enlisted losers; Trump deliberately downplayed COVID-19; the virus’s lingering maladies; rosé and roses; working polling sites

Guest:
Carrie Gravenson

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Scorpion and Archimedes_Screw like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

We don’t have gender reveal parties here, but universal healthcare and a scientist as our country leader.
Coincidence? You tell me.
Keith, The Girl, Piscean and 6 others like this.
Old 09-10-2020, 06:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

It seems to me that Tyson clearly suffers from a metal illness. I don't know how reliable it is but I remember talk about his promoters possibly taking advantage of his illness and scheduling his fights to coincide with it's worst impact on him. I certainly feel for the people he hurt and I'm also sure we don't know nearly all the people he has harmed during those days.

I hope at this point that he is getting the proper medical treatments for whatever condition(s) he has.

As for his fame, I'm not seeing this happening. I saw he was on shark week but I never watched. He will always be known for his fighting career. As far as I'm concerned he isn't any more famous today then he has ever been. But again I'm not exposed whatever is making his fame increase again today.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
We don’t have gender reveal parties here, but universal healthcare and a scientist as our country leader.
Coincidence? You tell me.
Just rub it in why don’t ya! Lol I also love the apprenticeship programs y’all got over there.
Apia resurrected likes this.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Just rub it in why don’t ya! Lol I also love the apprenticeship programs y’all got over there.
I know what a bitch right? ��
Old 09-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)

Keith. You should be proud that you knew how to turn off the water. Also why wouldn’t a bike mechanic not have the tools necessary to possibly repair a bike. At most he’d need a bearing puller and a couple of adjustable wrenches. That’s a 15lb pound bag at most.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Keith, if the opportunity comes up where you can see your dad one last time (like when he's in the hospital in the near future to try and take the heat off his actions and get the kids being nice to him because of another heart attack), maybe it would be worth it to go and bring a friend, or two, or five he doesn't know. Then when you come up to him you can go "Oh, and this is the Dad I told you about that tried to fuck my ex wife."

I sorta did similar to girl that shit talked everyone in college. I was talking to a nice guy she had said bad things about. She came up to us and I was so sick of her actions that I said "Oh, this is Steph. She's the girl I told you about that said your art was sub par." Her face and stuttering afterwards was just wonderful. I still ride the high from that.

I know in reality it probably wouldn't be worth the trip...but it's fun to imagine.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 09-10-2020, 03:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I was considering volunteering this voter's day as well but the idea that I'll still be unemployed and available to do it in November is depressing.

I might have the timing off but I remember around the time Tyson got out of jail for the rape, he started doing interviews again and Robin Givens's accusations and testimony started going back in the media.That's when people started shitting on her, vocally, for ruining his life, exaggerating her abuse, why would she stay if it was so bad, yada yada yada. Thats when people started seeing him as the victim of "gold diggers" and "hollywood trying to hurt the black man" Then Sylvester Stallone put him in that horrible Rocky movie from the early 2000s and his rise to being a Man who had Overcome started.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Proud of you Keith for telling all your siblings. It will help them in time understand that they aren't crazy and don't need to tie themselves into knots for your father.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
We have lots of great things here I must admit, especially after listening to American podcasts for a long time I realized what we have.
But I start with 3 things I like about the US, just to sound less bitchy.

New York ist pretty cool, the comedy scene, the culture and the diversity.

Weed is legal in several states, where here it’s only decriminalized for small amounts.

I like lots of the nature in your country, the national parks are huge and impressive with lots of space between human civilization.

Ok now to Germany.

Most kids go here to a public school, because the regular public school is good.
I didn’t even think out looking for an other school or had to interview there with my kid. All kids but one from my daughters kindergarten went to the same school in our city. No matter if they had rich or poor partners or if they were German or from another country.
I learned that’s different in America.

I told you when we go to the physician, we give them out card, looks like a credit card and never see a bill for regular physician work.
You keep your health insurance when you are unemployed.

We never donate to political candidates here. Political parties can air sports on public tv for free, according to the votes in the last election. That’s why an election is way, way less of a spectacle here.

Ah, and free College.

Now, who wants to move?
Archimedes_Screw likes this.