Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Trump returned to the White House. Will he soon be back in the hospital?
Yes 27 69.23%
No 12 30.77%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree131Likes

Old 10-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #21 (permalink)

I have fast food daily & have gone from 320 lb to 270 lb this past year - mostly from cutting out sugar and fries as much as possible.
Hope I can report another 50 lost next year.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

what white nonsense is Emily talking about? you can't spread the coronavirus if you're not showing symptoms?!? the whole point of wearing masks is because asymptomatic carriers are the main cause of transmission. Almost every single thing Emily said was wrong. Please don't have Emily on again until after the pandemic is over and never ask her opinion on this ever again.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:42 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
The latest facts as far as I know:

You are the most infectious before you develop symptoms, in the first 2-3 days of the infection.
That’s why Corona hat such a career.

After 1 week of being infected you are way less likely to infect someone.
It’s not impossible but unlikely.
That's true of most, but not all viral infections.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Emily's covid math; Keith is over reacting about Andrea's lax attitude when it comes to quarantining because Andrea can't get it again and neither can the guys she is hooking up with because they both had it once. They also can't spread it... because reasons. However, Emily still wears mask's, not to give strangers peace of mind, but because she doesn't know how this virus works or if she can get reinfected... huh? Also how crazy are her friends for not taking this virus seriously and throwing a wedding?

Is it just me or are the people who are not taking this virus seriously but truly think they are, somehow come off worse than the people who think covid is a hoax and mask are for pussies?

hey, this is emily. i thought someone might take what i said out of context so just to clear a few things up...

first of all, as i said, the wedding that i attended was a group of 15 people gathering outside and staying far apart from each other. we know that what we really need to be worried about is gathering in groups indoors where there is less air circulation, and getting close to each other. also everyone in attendance was traveling from new york where the rate of positive covid tests at the time was .5% i don’t think it’s so unreasonable to have an event outdoors and tell people to assess their risk and attend if they feel comfortable.

as for andrea’s “lax attitude” i think i might have a better idea than you do how her attitude actually has been. she has been very consistently mindful of the information that we have and what is recommended to stay safe. in the beginning we had far less information and so of course she was worried about keith coming and going from the studio. now that the infection rate is significantly lowered and we have reliable tests, people can comingle/canoodle with people who also have a negative test and are being mindful.

i definitely did not say that i can’t be infected again, i just know how to assess my risk which is what we’re all supposed to do right now. i really don’t get all the covid safety shaming. i’m allowed to think i am low risk, it’s just a fact. that doesn’t mean i’m being careless. carelessness is reflected in your actions, not your thoughts.

and yep, i wear a mask in public indoor spaces and on the train. not sure how that makes me a hypocrite.
kabobbins likes this.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAFKAP View Post
hey, this is emily. i thought someone might take what i said out of context so just to clear a few things up...

first of all, as i said, the wedding that i attended was a group of 15 people gathering outside and staying far apart from each other. we know that what we really need to be worried about is gathering in groups indoors where there is less air circulation, and getting close to each other. also everyone in attendance was traveling from new york where the rate of positive covid tests at the time was .5% i don’t think it’s so unreasonable to have an event outdoors and tell people to assess their risk and attend if they feel comfortable.

as for andrea’s “lax attitude” i think i might have a better idea than you do how her attitude actually has been. she has been very consistently mindful of the information that we have and what is recommended to stay safe. in the beginning we had far less information and so of course she was worried about keith coming and going from the studio. now that the infection rate is significantly lowered and we have reliable tests, people can comingle/canoodle with people who also have a negative test and are being mindful.

i definitely did not say that i can’t be infected again, i just know how to assess my risk which is what we’re all supposed to do right now. i really don’t get all the covid safety shaming. i’m allowed to think i am low risk, it’s just a fact. that doesn’t mean i’m being careless. carelessness is reflected in your actions, not your thoughts.

and yep, i wear a mask in public indoor spaces and on the train. not sure how that makes me a hypocrite.
Wasn't calling you a hypocrite, just saying the reasons you gave for defending Andrea contradict the stuff you said immediately afterwards. That was what Keith was getting at.

You are right I have no idea of Andrea's attitude. I'm just basing everything off what was said on today's show. Keith's concerns and your response to them.

You literally said; "once you've had it you can't spread it." That is why Keith asked if you wear masks and if so whats the point?

You guys talked about the wedding and insinuated that it was a risk. Then talked about other WAY riskier stuff. That is why I mentioned the wedding. I was being a dick.

I'm not trying to "safety shame." Just pointing out the contradictions. Also like I said I don't think you are a hypocrite. I don't think you are intentionally trying to mislead or lie. I do think some of the stuff you said just flat out contradicts other stuff.
stellathegreat likes this.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:47 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Wasn't calling you a hypocrite, just saying the reasons you gave for defending Andrea contradict the stuff you said immediately afterwards. That was what Keith was getting at.

You are right I have no idea of Andrea's attitude. I'm just basing everything off what was said on today's show. Keith's concerns and your response to them.

You literally said; "once you've had it you can't spread it." That is why Keith asked if you wear masks and if so whats the point?

You guys talked about the wedding and insinuated that it was a risk. Then talked about other WAY riskier stuff. That is why I mentioned the wedding. I was being a dick.

I'm not trying to "safety shame." Just pointing out the contradictions. Also like I said I don't think you are a hypocrite. I don't think you are intentionally trying to mislead or lie. I do think some of the stuff you said just flat out contradicts other stuff.
i really don’t think i said once you’ve had it you can’t spread it, but if i did that was definitely a slip of the tongue because i don’t think that or know that to be a fact. i was just talking about assessing your risk, which i think we can all do responsibly for ourselves. when i said i’ve never gotten a virus twice in one season, i didn’t mean it’s impossible. it was a nuanced conversation about assessing your risk that i knew would be taken far too literally. keith saying “why do u wear a mask if you think you’re good?” is oversimplifying what i think and how i feel. i’m not an all-knowing being, i’m just a person trying to follow state guidelines and using common sense like everyone else.

also keith isn’t concerned about how andrea is acting, if he was he wouldn’t be sharing a workspace with her.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:53 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
i really don’t think i said once you’ve had it you can’t spread it, but if i did that was definitely a slip of the tongue because i don’t think that or know that to be a fact. i was just talking about assessing your risk, which i think we can all do responsibly for ourselves. when i said i’ve never gotten a virus twice in one season, i didn’t mean it’s impossible. it was a nuanced conversation about assessing your risk that i knew would be taken far too literally. keith saying “why do u wear a mask if you think you’re good?” is oversimplifying what i think and how i feel. i’m not an all-knowing being, i’m just a person trying to follow state guidelines and using common sense like everyone else.

also keith isn’t concerned about how andrea is acting, if he was he wouldn’t be sharing a workspace with her.
Also it’s a comedy podcast. Thank god you didn’t bring up circumcised dicks.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:56 AM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Help Keith...

I don’t know how to answer the poll.
I think Trump will have all the equipment and personnel of the hospital moved to the White House at an exorbitant expense to the tax payers so he looks stronger.
A real Putin like move.
So essentially he will be in the hospital but not literally. Literally, I believe, he won’t willingly go back to the hospital.

So how do I vote?
stellathegreat likes this.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:57 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes_Screw View Post
Also it’s a comedy podcast. Thank god you didn’t bring up circumcised dicks.
hahahaha exactly! you can’t even say you have superpowers without people thinking you mean it literally. circumcise your sons, people.
Archimedes_Screw likes this.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:26 AM   #30 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
i really don’t think i said once you’ve had it you can’t spread it, but if i did that was definitely a slip of the tongue because i don’t think that or know that to be a fact.
Okay then forget everything I wrote because I based them of a slip of the tongue (that was said more than once).