Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you comfortable playing your music out loud with other people around?
Yes 20 50.00%
No 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree51Likes

Old 02-25-2021, 04:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

I’m always impressed/jealous at how unashamedly loud some people play their music. I think it has something to do with how I grew up...it was considered rude to blast music, so I’m weirdly repressed on that front. My music’s either in my ears, or self-consciously playing in the car at a volume I assume isn’t bothersome to other drivers. Every now and then, I’ll find myself on an empty stretch of highway where I can truly let myself go.
Apia resurrected likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 06:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

And I was the opposite. I heard Appetite for Destruction in my bed, lights out, under the covers like I was napping while my mom and siblings put up the Christmas Tree.

Now I’m free!!!
Scorpion and Rune like this.
Old 02-25-2021, 06:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Podcasts have slowly displaced music for the bulk of my listening time.
ETA: I will attend a variety of live music, all genres. I like watching and listening to live music being made. Maybe someday that will be something I can do again
I never liked live music unless a actually knew the musicians. I like listening to music if someone else is playing it. That's the only time I hear it. I never chose to listen to music. I'm listening to podcasts or the news most of the time. I've heard some mashups on tictok where the lyrics of one song are played over the music of another very different song. Those are cool! Imagine if Chemda sang a Beatles song to the music of some other music she liked more. EVERYONE WINS!
Keith likes this.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I never liked live music unless a actually knew the musicians. I like listening to music if someone else is playing it. That's the only time I hear it. I never chose to listen to music. I'm listening to podcasts or the news most of the time. I've heard some mashups on tictok where the lyrics of one song are played over the music of another very different song. Those are cool! Imagine if Chemda sang a Beatles song to the music of some other music she liked more. EVERYONE WINS!
I'm surprised to meet other non listeners of music! I listen to podcasts almost exclusively around the house and NPR in the car. I only listen to music if I have friends over (before times) so there's background noise.
Keith, Scorpion and Rune like this.
Old 02-25-2021, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Shalewa’s “fuck a marble” was a new turn-of-phrase to me.
The Girl, Scorpion and Rune like this.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

It was for the best that didn’t play my music out loud at home. If my immigrant mother who’s cultural music quite literally has three genres as far as I can tell (happy songs, love songs and patriotic songs) heard me playing something like The Downward Spiral on repeat, she’d have thought something was horribly wrong with me.
The Girl, jcro21 and Scorpion like this.
Old 02-28-2021, 12:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

What the fuck Keith, I took back by understand of that stupid D'elia youtube "apology." Making me feel like I can't just post shit on a public forum and expect full representation... What's next? Climate change is real? Masks are effective? Jesus.

FOR THE RECORD, I didn't know about the pedophilia and there's no such thing as a good apology for that.

Happy Sunday!
Old 02-28-2021, 01:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I wasn’t picking on you. I was saying how Chris was misrepresenting the situation
Old 02-28-2021, 01:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I wasn’t picking on you. I was saying how Chris was misrepresenting the situation
Let me take offense, it's been difficult not having much to be offended by lately. A Jewish trait, you probably don't understand.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:26 PM   #20 (permalink)

But also don't be too mean Keith, I'm putting my dog down tomorrow and I'm very sad.
Scorpion likes this.