Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: When do you think it’ll be okay to hug a stranger?
It's okay right now 2 6.25%
Summer 2021 1 3.13%
Fall 2021 3 9.38%
Winter 2021 2 6.25%
2022 3 9.38%
Who fuckin' knows... 16 50.00%
After I get vaccinated 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree48Likes

Old 03-30-2021, 07:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

One should never hug a stranger without consent, but I think life will start to normalize this fall.

Chemda, I understand but also don't quite understand your fears that you're still going to have to be practicing this degree of distancing once vaccinated. The vaccines are remarkably effective at preventing covid infection, and especially at preventing severe cases of Covid. Covid is just going to be a thing we have to deal with and manage in our society going forward, but the vaccine will provide you with a really significant degree of protection.

I don't mean to sound like a huge dick. I'm really sorry if I sound that way.
Scorpion and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstoriaGirl View Post
One should never hug a stranger without consent, but I think life will start to normalize this fall.

Chemda, I understand but also don't quite understand your fears that you're still going to have to be practicing this degree of distancing once vaccinated. The vaccines are remarkably effective at preventing covid infection, and especially at preventing severe cases of Covid. Covid is just going to be a thing we have to deal with and manage in our society going forward, but the vaccine will provide you with a really significant degree of protection.

I don't mean to sound like a huge dick. I'm really sorry if I sound that way.
I agree in both points.
Im not a big fan of hugs from anyone except the family I live with, my kids and Mr Apia.
So I don’t miss that.

I also noticed that Chemda is hesitant to trust that the vaccine would really help her. I hope it’s only part of a process.
Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

who the fuck was out here hugging strangers before 2020?
Old 03-31-2021, 11:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I agree in both points.
Im not a big fan of hugs from anyone except the family I live with, my kids and Mr Apia.
So I don’t miss that.

I also noticed that Chemda is hesitant to trust that the vaccine would really help her. I hope it’s only part of a process.
I think Chemda has valid concerns. Let’s not forget she is immune compromised.
The vaccine may not work for her directly as it does for people who aren’t immune compromised. To be clear I don’t hear vaccine fear or conspiracy in anything she has said. My concern for her is that enough other people get the vaccine so she (and other people who share this issue) has a near zero chance of catching this virus.

Let’s not forget that getting the vaccine doesn’t make you 100% guaranteed 100% immune to COVID. You could still get it but it’s also going to be less severe. That’s based on immune normal people. That means it could and will still spread just not as easily and certainly not as deadly. So when will we as a global population have this under control? I say global because until it’s global cities like New York that have a large transient global population (tourists) will remain higher risk.

Those are thoughts I have.
Chemda, I hope I make sense. I’m not trying to speak for you just for how I hear you and how I think of the situation. I have respect and luv for you and want you to do what you need and also not live in fear.
The Girl likes this.
Old 03-31-2021, 11:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I need to learn to be less long winded!

I’ve always had this problem and as old as I am it doesn’t seem to get any better! I over explain everything. When Keith reads one of my emails, you don’t know it but he cuts out so much and rightfully so! Honestly I’m surprised Chemda or Keith read any of my emails!!!
Well fuck me, here I go again! God damn it!
The Girl and Piscean like this.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My partner is usually great about knowing what I want or what I like or dislike after being together for 13 years.

But then there are times, like this past weekend, when I PULLED UP THE RECEIPTS and texted him proof that he just straight up ignored one of my requests. He was at the grocery store, asked what to get, I sent him two sets of items to get, he claimed I literally never asked for blueberries. So I took a screenshot, circled blueberries and sent it back to him. I remember there was a poll of "do you keep receipts on your partner" or something recently and I was like jeez no why would I? Because sometimes ya bitch wants to make some muffins, that's why.
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 1 others like this.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
After a certain amount of time together, not being specific about what you want is actually rude to your partner. It causes grief, loss of money and frustration. Be honest with your partner- this game would infuriate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This whole thing is really why I am single now and have no plans to change it.
Old 03-31-2021, 04:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
After a certain amount of time together, not being specific about what you want is actually rude to your partner. It causes grief, loss of money and frustration. Be honest with your partner- this game would infuriate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PS. I wish I could super like this. It's like, like leaving the cupboard doors open.
Scorpion likes this.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Keith! Cedar's hummus is actually pretty fucking great! It's very similar to sabbra. Add some olive oil and a bit more salt (or eat on a salty snack) and you can teach Kyle a lesson by eating all food!
Old 04-01-2021, 06:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Just add things to the hummus and it’s good hummus? Nice!
Scorpion likes this.