Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-13-2006, 09:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownMacTech
When exactly will Chemda realize that the only people on planet Earth right now who know how to subscribe to a podcast and load it onto their iPod are 21 years of age or YOUNGER?

And seriously, could you guys stop pretending you're a live broadcast radio show, that's not what podcasting is about. It's about downloading an MP3 from a website and listening to it whenever you want to.

And for the love of G-d dump the Skype call in line. Go to Radio Shack and get the $10 telephone recorder box and use a real freaking phone line to take calls if you're going to bother, otherwise stop with the live calls! They sound like shit and it's annoying to listen to you try and talk over them, interrupt them, and then hangup on them when the whole thing trainwrecks. You cannot stream a freaking audio feed to a live-show web server AND take Skype calls unless you have a freakin' T1 line going into that townhouse of yours and I know you have a consumer level Comcast or Roadrunner cable internet connection that's 6.0Mb/784k which can barely handle uploading a single audio channel much less that combined with an incoming Skype call.

So to summarize, your target demographic is too young to drive a car, has to ask dad to buy them t-shirts for blow jobs, listens to your show at school 10 hours after you record it and calls in with nothing to say on their Skype line because they don't have permission to use real phones. You're not on Sirius. You're not on KROCK. And you most likely never will be. You're on iTunes. Embrace it and become the internet phenomenon to 12 year olds that you're destined to be.

without the skype line no one will call Long distance

If the caller had a story instead of: Whats up, nutin. they would let them go. But till the 12yo get a life, that will always happen

I think the target demo is 21+ and a job with money to donate. The reality demo is 12yo who like the brumski story and parents who dont care what they listen too.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
without the skype line no one will call Long distance
1-800-KAT-GCOM

Sorry, it'll cost them a few bucks a month, but they're running a company, they should be able to swing it before they pay themselves.

That or stop taking phone calls on a program most people listen to hours or days after it's recorded.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
1-800-KAT-GCOM

Sorry, it'll cost them a few bucks a month, but they're running a company, they should be able to swing it before they pay themselves.

That or stop taking phone calls on a program most people listen to hours or days after it's recorded.
1-800-528-4266 is taken, but i understand what you are saying.

I don't think any company would pay for an 800 line if they only recived calls from 12yo.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
So to summarize... your target demographic... listens to your show at school 10 hours after you record it and calls in with nothing to say...

You see the inherent contradiction in your argument here, right? Because the 12 year olds do.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream
You see the inherent contradiction in your argument here, right? Because the 12 year olds do.
Do they? You mean the ones who call in to comment about the show from yesterday or last week? Or as in this episode, who say nothing and get hung up on! Riveting entertainment.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:58 AM   #16 (permalink)

If you don't like it, don't fucking listen - arsehole.

And 1-800 numbers can't be called free internationally, but skype can.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Do they? You mean the ones who call in to comment about the show from yesterday or last week?
As long as we're not substantiating our answers to rhetorical questions, yes.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:21 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmunich
If you don't like it, don't fucking listen - arsehole.

And 1-800 numbers can't be called free internationally, but skype can.
Stop talking out your arse. 800 numbers can be called from overseas, Just use the country code and drop the 1

011-800-fuck-you
Old 09-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

We have a U.S. only toll free number. I believe you can get a world-wide one but they're a lot more expensive.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJQuad
We have a U.S. only toll free number. I believe you can get a world-wide one but they're a lot more expensive.
On BUZZ out Loud from CNET they discussed this. and the callers just had to use the country code then 800 and they could call in.