Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you ever secretly replace someone else's pet?
Yes 1 4.00%
No 24 96.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes

Old 08-17-2021, 03:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

how’d he get it in the first place?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 03:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
In Germany they call stepkids bonus kids. An option?
This is good but it's 2021 now. I think we should go with Kids Plus. Like a streaming app.
The Girl and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 08-17-2021, 03:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
how’d he get it in the first place?
They happened to be walking around Chinatown
Old 08-18-2021, 07:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
In Germany they call stepkids bonus kids. An option?
This is a great term. I think the struggle is partly to not have to explain it every time? Since that's not a common term here(sadly), people here will find that odd and are gonna be asking questions and you are back to explaining it's your girlfriend's kids... which honestly is similar to how calling them stepkids is going. But the one pro of stepkids is you can use it with people out in the world that don't matter and there will be no questions, so the conversation moves faster.

Maybe Keith could use stepkids for those situations, and then for the people who matter he can say whatever he wants. I switch between using "my sister's dad" and "my dad" when it helps make my life easier(usually when I'm dealing with customer service for him). I think it could be fun to say Bonus Kids on the show and see how guests react. He has to explain stepkids sometimes to people anyway, why not have some fun with it and try out other terms.
Old 08-18-2021, 07:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't think it's weird that Keith calls Kyle's kids his step-kids. It shows that even though they're not married, it is a serious relationship and he takes his position within those kids' lives seriously.

I think it shows a lot of un-learning we have to do in regards to placing the importance on marriage with a certificate. Both Keith and Chemda have been married before, and I feel like coming out the other end of that you should get to see what significance official marriage plays within your life. Chemda and Xerxes live together but you don't hear her calling herself a step-mother. And that's fine! Let Keith play step-dad, he's clearly enjoying the role. I think it's nice
Keith, littlp and rodimusprime like this.
Old 08-18-2021, 08:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
I don't think it's weird that Keith calls Kyle's kids his step-kids. It shows that even though they're not married, it is a serious relationship and he takes his position within those kids' lives seriously.

I think it shows a lot of un-learning we have to do in regards to placing the importance on marriage with a certificate. Both Keith and Chemda have been married before, and I feel like coming out the other end of that you should get to see what significance official marriage plays within your life. Chemda and Xerxes live together but you don't hear her calling herself a step-mother. And that's fine! Let Keith play step-dad, he's clearly enjoying the role. I think it's nice
Maybe he should call Kyle his wife!
shoebootie likes this.
Old 08-18-2021, 10:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

When women ask if I'm married I say, "Nope!" Just so there's no confusion.
rodimusprime likes this.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:33 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
i heard it more as Keith being very clear about the limits of his affection. they threw. the turtle. in the trash. #justiceforturtle

Last edited by Sparrow; 08-18-2021 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2021, 07:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

We hung it on the wall
Old 08-18-2021, 07:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
i heard it more as Keith being very clear about the limits of his affection. they threw. the turtle. in the trash. #justiceforturtle
What else should one do with a dead turtle in the city?