Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-19-2006, 10:32 AM   #21 (permalink)

In Hawaii most weddings are open bar, with a lot of beer and mixed drinks. It's one BIG party! The food is anything from Chinese to Hawaiian luau, but I never seen rum cake before. My wedding we gave chocolates and hand-dipped cookies.

Last edited by cubbybear; 09-19-2006 at 12:37 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

I saw my first Catholic mass when my friend got married last year. I knew it was a bad sign when they brought two chairs up onto the dais for the bride and groom to sit on--the service was definitely going to be a long one. I half expected it to be in Latin, but it was in English. I skipped the communion because I was under the impression that you're not allowed to do it if you're not baptized into the Catholic church. I grew up Methodist but don't ascribe to any organized religion now. Anyway, after the communion the priest drank all the leftover wine in the cup. We sat there for almost a full minute watching him make sure there wasn't a drop left. It was so surreal. I figure it must be a rule that he can't waste any of Christ's blood or something. But religion is super weird. I'd want to get married outside with a justice of the peace. I think that makes me a dirty hippie.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:42 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
I think that makes me a dirty hippie.
It's quite possible, but jop's are cooler. I went to one last summer where they had a guitarist/ordained minister who played Bob Dylan tunes during the service. What a racket.

My cousin met his now-wife at Marist College, so we had to hump out there so they could get married at the chapel. Full mass, baby. It wa sthe same day that USA played Italy in thge world cup, so all we did was check the score every three seconds.

I think that having a full mass for a wedding is a prick move.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:49 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't worry about the spinach, just buy from local farms if you're worried.
But don't forget that local farmers may not be so stringent about washing their hands after wiping their asses either, even the ones from Wisconsin. Just a thought. Now, enjoy your spinach salad.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I saw my first Catholic mass when my friend got married last year. I knew it was a bad sign when they brought two chairs up onto the dais for the bride and groom to sit on--the service was definitely going to be a long one. I half expected it to be in Latin, but it was in English. I skipped the communion because I was under the impression that you're not allowed to do it if you're not baptized into the Catholic church. I grew up Methodist but don't ascribe to any organized religion now. Anyway, after the communion the priest drank all the leftover wine in the cup. We sat there for almost a full minute watching him make sure there wasn't a drop left. It was so surreal. I figure it must be a rule that he can't waste any of Christ's blood or something. But religion is super weird. I'd want to get married outside with a justice of the peace. I think that makes me a dirty hippie.
Yes we had a full mass, and warned everybody in the invitation. That way they knew what to expect.

See how you are planning the hippie wedding. I bet your BF does not care, until you get a divorce and he will bad mouth the hippie wedding like his mother will.

Just kidding, have a long and happy marriage, blessed by the tree elfs.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
I half expected it to be in Latin, but it was in English.
They rarely do it in Latin anymore. In fact very few churches probably lack the text's to do it.

Quote:
I skipped the communion because I was under the impression that you're not allowed to do it if you're not baptized into the Catholic church.
You can take communion, but it doesn't count. Catholics go through Baptism and then first communion at around grade 2 before they are able to take communion.

Quote:
after the communion the priest drank all the leftover wine in the cup. We sat there for almost a full minute watching him make sure there wasn't a drop left. It was so surreal. I figure it must be a rule that he can't waste any of Christ's blood or something.
That would be right, applies to the bread too. Though anyone can do it. It was my favorite part of the job finishing the wine and wafers when I used to do the whole church thing.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
See how you are planning the hippie wedding. I bet your BF does not care, until you get a divorce and he will bad mouth the hippie wedding like his mother will.

Just kidding, have a long and happy marriage, blessed by the tree elfs.

I'm not talking weird costumes with funny Tolkien inspired vows or anything, just not an overtly religious ceremony in a church. The ceremony itself is never anything that I think too much about. It's shocking how crazy those women on bridezillas get about something that only lasts an afternoon. I mean, if that's how they act under pressure what kind of future can their husbands envision? I can see myself living in sin for the rest of my life rather than getting married anyway.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not talking weird costumes with funny Tolkien inspired vows or anything, just not an overtly religious ceremony in a church. The ceremony itself is never anything that I think too much about. It's shocking how crazy those women on bridezillas get about something that only lasts an afternoon. I mean, if that's how they act under pressure what kind of future can their husbands envision? I can see myself living in sin for the rest of my life rather than getting married anyway.
Will you have flowers in a reef on your heard? Yes = Hobbit Wedding.

Ask your BF to describe yours and his wedding, no hints just ask him what he thinks you would want, and see if it matches.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:09 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Will you have flowers in a reef on your heard? Yes = Hobbit Wedding.

A flower wreath? No way. Just a nice white dress and probably a veil that goes behind my head. I wouldn't look forward to being blinded by a bunch of white poofy crap.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #30 (permalink)

Jeez, do we have a count on Chemda's uncontrollable laughter around 1:05:00? Gotta be close to 2 minutes to solid laughter. Great!

I think the best thing to have at a wedding would be some video games. Initially for the kids, once everyone starts drinking, you know some intense games of Mario Kart or Tekken are going to break out. Get out the camera, these are memories!