Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did your partner surprise you with a vaccine stance that differed from your own?
Yes 2 8.00%
No 23 92.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes
  • 3 Post By Keith
  • 2 Post By Paige_H
  • 2 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 2 Post By DeathInGrasp
  • 1 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By DeathInGrasp
  • 2 Post By starscream
  • 2 Post By DeathInGrasp
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2022, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC, baby!
Posts: 12,840
3495: Good Cop/Bad Cop

Keith and Chemda are here to close out the week with some exciting stories about actor Michael Rapaport becoming a Rite Aid security chief, a real life Weekend at Bernieís situation, Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan, anti-vaxx superheroes, Chinaís movie magic, Keith reviewing Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project, and the end of social media anonymity.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl, Paige_H and Christ Why like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 34
I am so excited for the marathon! The line-up sounds awesome! I took the day off and am so ready for the KATG 2022 Marathon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith and The Girl like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Niedernhausen, Germany
Posts: 2,322
Luckily Mr Apia and I are on the same page when it comes to Covid.
I think if it isnít like this there is huge break up potential.

But Mr Apia used to make fun of me because of this fact:
Until March 11 2020 ( I know it because itís my birthday and also the day the WHO said Covid is a pandemic) I hoped it wouldnít be so bad and expressed that maybe the media made this too big.

Of course it was wrong but again : March 11 2020.
It was pure hope on my side, I knew if it was really true what people said it could be really bad. And it was. On that day I broke down and accepted the facts.
The Girl and shoebootie like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Niedernhausen, Germany
Posts: 2,322
Sweet Mr Apia reminded me multiple times that I refused to believe it was really bad. And my answer is always, true, until 3-11-2020.

That’s still good and it’s not that I claimed it was not dangerous. I just hoped that maybe it would somehow not explode.
Like with swine flu.
It seemed bad but in the end it wasn’t as bad as imagined.

But no such luck this time.

Last edited by Apia resurrected; 01-29-2022 at 09:20 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Midwest
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Sweet Mr Apia reminded me multiple times that I refused to believe it was really bad. And my answer is always, true, until 3-11-2020.

Thatís still good and itís not that I claimed it was not dangerous. I just hoped that maybe it would somehow not explode.
Like with swine flu.
It seemed bad but in the end it wasnít as bad as imagined.

But no such luck this time.
I was this way too, I thought it may just be a bad flu and also thought it wouldnít take off like this in the USA. I hoped it was a potential big threat that the media played out bigger than it would be, and that it would peter out from the publicís attention like Africanized hornets and West Nile virus.
The Girl and Apia resurrected like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 04:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Niedernhausen, Germany
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathInGrasp View Post
I was this way too, I thought it may just be a bad flu and also thought it wouldnít take off like this in the USA. I hoped it was a potential big threat that the media played out bigger than it would be, and that it would peter out from the publicís attention like Africanized hornets and West Nile virus.
I think its OK to think it at first, the media loves to scare us.
I'm also 100% sure if this covid is over one day we will read headlines like:
"A new virus discovered in Russia. Is a new pandemic starting and it's even worse? "
For the rest of our lives.

I was willing to see that it was so bad when there were facts supporting it.
When the WHO called it a pandemic it convinced me immediately.
DeathInGrasp likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Midwest
Posts: 74
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I think its OK to think it at first, the media loves to scare us.
I'm also 100% sure if this covid is over one day we will read headlines like:
"A new virus discovered in Russia. Is a new pandemic starting and it's even worse? "
For the rest of our lives.

I was willing to see that it was so bad when there were facts supporting it.
When the WHO called it a pandemic it convinced me immediately.
Same. A few weeks into March my (and everyoneís) life changed and I believed the news.
Apia resurrected likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer
 
starscream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,002
I might be just starting to see this problem.

My girlfriend never got vaccinated. At first because she has a heart condition and doctors told her not to get it, I assume because there was no information on her particular situation. Then I think she probably stopped asking. But either way, she was genuinely afraid of what it would do to her and certainly not against anyone else getting it.

But I came home last week to find Jordan Peterson on TV, she was watching some video. I've watched Tucker Carlson and such before, because it can be funny, so I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Then I saw "Joe Rogan Podcast" in my search history. (Which goes toward showing what a boon Neil Young created for Spotify.)

And now that RFK book about how Anthony Fauci is evil is in the house.

Yikes.

At least we're not married.
The Girl and SpareBen like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Midwest
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I might be just starting to see this problem.

My girlfriend never got vaccinated. At first because she has a heart condition and doctors told her not to get it, I assume because there was no information on her particular situation. Then I think she probably stopped asking. But either way, she was genuinely afraid of what it would do to her and certainly not against anyone else getting it.

But I came home last week to find Jordan Peterson on TV, she was watching some video. I've watched Tucker Carlson and such before, because it can be funny, so I didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

Then I saw "Joe Rogan Podcast" in my search history. (Which goes toward showing what a boon Neil Young created for Spotify.)

And now that RFK book about how Anthony Fauci is evil is in the house.

Yikes.

At least we're not married.
Yikes indeed.

I canít imagine having a heart condition and being afraid of a vaccine with infinitesimally small risk, and in turn preferring to risk getting COVID which statistically is so much more likely to be deadly. The disconnect logically is really something. Good luck.
The Girl and SpareBen like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 10:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: WV
Posts: 605
Sorry to hear this - I've been somewhat indulgent in listening to both sides too, but have been pushed further to the left by the carelessness of right-wing media regarding vaccines. The worst part is that it becomes almost like a religious belief - you can't reason someone out of this if all the "news" they're taking in is telling them the same thing. The only thing I can suggest is appealing to emotion by somehow having her exposed to people who regret making the choice to avoid vaccines.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger