Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 09-22-2006, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

351: Fuckin' Superficial

"Spooky, did you hear yesterday's show? You can do whatever you want, dammit. You're an adult."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

How edible were Spooky's brownies, and did any of the people that consumed them actually live? Can we expect a "Spooky's Cooking Corner"?

Last edited by AngryKanga; 09-22-2006 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Spooky was in very fine form on this show.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Good show, welcome back Spook, now get yourself back on the Forums.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

SkyJedi
Application for Resident Biologist

E.coli, which is short for Escherichia coli is a rod shaped Bacteria. The Media would like you to think that all E.coli will kill you. They would like to think that you should overcook meat to kill all bacteria otherwise you will die.

The truth? Look at your hand, there are millions of E.coli on your hand. I don't care if you just washed your hands, there is still E.coli there. If you dip you hand in ethanol and then light it on fire then you would probably kill all the bacteria. There are hundred of different type of E.coli in the world, just like there are different races of people. Only a Small fraction of E.coli are harmful to humans.

Here is another thing. Your insides, the stuff that hopefully you will never see, especially your intestines are full of E.coli. They live there, digest some of your food for you, and make the methane that you fart. They live in your armpits and make them stick, and that filmy stuff on your teeth when you wake up in the morning? Yeap E.coli. Girls you know what keep the yeast in your cooch in check, bacteria. Which is why sometimes when girls take antibiotics, which kill bacteria and cause a shift in power between the yeast and bacteria, get yeast infections.

Now the E.coli that is making people sick is almost identical to the E.coli that lives in your gut, with the major exception at they have an extra gene that produces a waste byproduct, bacteria shit basically, that is toxic to us. The bad bacteria also have the power to change the E.coli that currently resides in you into the pathogenic strain.

So most E.coli is harmless. I work with it everyday. I could probably drink it and it wouldn't do anything to me. There is no way i would cause I'm not a fucking idiot. One bad bacteria and and i would be drinking a diarrhea grenade.

So in conclusion, Fuck the hype and don't worry so fucking much about E.coli
, your covered in it, inside and out.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

Keith is dead on right when it comes to doctors and Spooky is wrong. (Sorry, Spooks) Never admit when you're wrong because everyone fucks up on the job? When I as an analyst send an employment inquiry to the wrong company, nobody DIES or gets horribly INJURED because of my mistake. When a doctor writes a prescription for four times the amount of a medicine, that can literally fuck up a person's health for the rest of their life...or even kill them. So yes, doctors are held to a higher standard than cubicle dwelling analysts like me, because I do not hold anyone's life in my hands.

When I was in college in Beloit, WI the story came out that a doctor at Beloit Memorial Hospital had left a surgical tool in a woman's chest cavity following surgery. She complained about chest pains for FOUR YEARS following the surgery and doctors KNEW what they'd done as soon as they did chest x-rays just a year after the surgery, but they strung this woman along for three additional years before the truth finally came out and she could get that thing taken out of her body. That is supremely fucked up, and that doctor should have to live with a surgical tool in his chest for four goddamned years.

Every career is the same--there are good people there, but there are also fucked up assholes. The fucked up assholes have to be responsible for their damned mistakes.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 09-22-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:15 AM   #7 (permalink)

What model of laptop do you guys have? I might be able to score a spare battery for you.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

Regarding Doctor's and prescriptions:
My friend's father is a dentist and he was surprised to learn that Dentists (at least in NJ) are allowed "level 5" prescription abilities, this is the highest level, which means effectively that they can get drugs of any kind for patients. It would seem strange that Dentists can get their hands on everything from anti-allergy medicine to weapons-grade pain-killers, but they do. So, make friends with a dentist, he'll hook you up if you need something. I'm not sure what other Doctors have, but I would expect that chiropractors can't get your a bottle of morphine.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

laptop

HP pavilion dv1000
Old 09-22-2006, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

just wanted to drop in and say loved the show