Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: I am in
a polyamorous relationship 2 6.90%
an open relationship (not poly) 0 0%
a closed 2-person relationship 20 68.97%
no relationship 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree81Likes

Old 08-10-2022, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3571: Florida Man w/ Samantha Ruddy

Samantha Ruddy makes her long-awaited return to KATG, and she helps discuss her personal life as well as Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home being raided by the FBI, Facebook giving private messages about an illegal abortion between a daughter and her mom to local authorities, and The Flash’s Ezra Miller robbing bottles of alcohol from a Vermont home.

Guest:
Samantha Ruddy

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great idea with guns at school.
Im sure what will solve the problem with guns will be more guns.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 08-11-2022, 05:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

Those last few minutes of Keith trolling Samantha ("but i already said that") had me gasping for air. Beautiful!
Keith, The Girl and XenoTitty like this.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Also, living in a poly relationship sounds exciting and very exhausting.
I couldn’t do it, not in this live phase at least.
There is so much communication required already with one person if you want to stay together. This times 2 or 3? When would I sleep?
Old 08-12-2022, 11:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'd be shocked if Trump was found guilty and then pardoned. His shit was way worse than Nixon and I don't even think Nixon should've been pardoned.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I'd be shocked if Trump was found guilty and then pardoned. His shit was way worse than Nixon and I don't even think Nixon should've been pardoned.
The fact it's coming to light the search warrant was looking for classified nuclear documents...

coupled with him being penpals with Kim Jong Un.
...and the pretty payday he currently had from the Saudis for "hosting the LIV golf tournament." That seems like a nice smokescreen as a way of accepting payment for transfer of classified documents if there ever was one.

Go ask the Rosenbergs how sharing state secrets worked out for them!
rodimusprime and Paige_H like this.
Old 08-12-2022, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
The fact it's coming to light the search warrant was looking for classified nuclear documents...

coupled with him being penpals with Kim Jong Un.
...and the pretty payday he currently had from the Saudis for "hosting the LIV golf tournament." That seems like a nice smokescreen as a way of accepting payment for transfer of classified documents if there ever was one.

Go ask the Rosenbergs how sharing state secrets worked out for them!
Yeah I felt Samantha's hesitation because she didn't want to get her hopes up. Been there. But I'm angry now. And I want this man brought to justice. And I don't think we have any legit excuse not to do it. And the DOJ don't miss. So let's get unprecedented up in this bitch!!!
Old 08-12-2022, 03:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

I haven't posted since 2009 - the forums back then weren't a safe place for me.

I was a naive young woman caught up in throwing off the shackles of my evangelical upbringing, and it made me easy prey for manipulation and exploitation from the "cool" older guys that I perceived to be friends of the pod. I desperately wanted to be accepted after walking away from my entire community of faith and friends. It wasn't until years later that I started processing how fucked up it all was and the long-lasting trauma it caused. Oddly, the worst of it all was being "catfished" (before it was even called catfishing) into a months-long relationship, and that was done by another woman on the forums. I made exceedingly dumb choices because I wanted to be loved.

Anyways, all that to say - subscribe to BetterHelp.Com using promo code KATG...because I haven't, and this is the first time in 13 years that I've talked about it (It took me years to even listen to the show again, but I keep returning to it because it's such an essential part of how I "grew up.")

But also, and the reason I revived this account, I'm curious if Samantha wasn't in a queer relationship whether Keith and Chemda would have asked more about some of the red flags in Samantha's relationship in a serious manner. I know absolutely nothing of her and her girlfriend's love for each other. She's a grown-ass woman and can make her own choices, and I hope they're extremely happy. However, a combination of things came up that caused me to feel raw and sad for all the young women who get caught up in relationships where they don't see or understand the unequal power dynamics and then go on to accept/justify/normalize it:
  • She started dating her girlfriend when she was 19, and her girlfriend was 26.
  • They broke up, and the agreed condition of getting back together was that her girlfriend got to keep seeing the people she started dating when they were apart.
  • Samantha noted that her girlfriend is, "Absolutely more in charge than me."
  • Samantha financially supported her girlfriend in Alabama, but now that they're back in NYC and she's living on her own - with the stress of being unemployed. Is her girlfriend supporting her?

A few additional things would probably seem minor and nitpicky if I wrote them out, but it all made me wish for a deeper conversation. Samantha doesn't owe anybody explanations or justifications for her relationship, and again, I don't know Samantha and her girlfriend. I'm not saying their relationship is wrong or imbalanced; I'm clearly projecting my trauma. But this conversation could have been used as a platform to share why the bullet points I listed are good reasons to take a step back and examine a relationship (no matter the sex or gender of the individuals involved). I wish I had stepped back. I wish the people I trusted had told me it was valid to feel not okay about something.

(PS: I went through my old post history and I'm now dead from cringe. I was trying so hard to be edgy and cool and had no idea how humans should interact with each other. I have pre-emptively cancelled myself.)

Last edited by SkeleGirl; 08-12-2022 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkeleGirl View Post
  • She started dating her girlfriend when she was 19, and her girlfriend was 26.
  • They broke up, and the agreed condition of getting back together was that her girlfriend got to keep seeing the people she started dating when they were apart.
  • Samantha noted that her girlfriend is, "Absolutely more in charge than me."
  • Samantha financially supported her girlfriend in Alabama, but now that they're back in NYC and she's living on her own - with the stress of being unemployed. Is her girlfriend supporting her?
Great post. Came here to discuss some of these red flags that caught me throughout the episode.
Old 08-12-2022, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Great idea with guns at school.
Im sure what will solve the problem with guns will be more guns.
If the execution of this idea stays on brand they will leave the gun locker open to the kids after demonstrating how to load them and leaving the class room. Clown show after clown show in education.