Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you been to a movie theater in 2022?
Yes 16 59.26%
No 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 2 Post By Keith
  • 1 Post By starscream

Old 11-21-2022, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3605: Order Up w/ Rojo Perez

Alongside Chemda and Rojo Perez, Keith Malley—King of Silent Trailers—discusses his latest movie outings. The group also talks about when it’s right to call 911, when it’s right to hit that deli bell, and how not to die too much.

Guest:
Rojo Perez

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 10:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

https://ew.com/movies/she-said-harve...w-real-people/

Re: She Said, I knew of course Ashley Judd was real but there was a phone call with Gwyneth Paltrow also and the voice was really her for the movie!

(And Trump's phone call in the beginning of the movie is the guy on SNL that does Trump now.)

A god damn PLUS. And I know I said that all girls should have to see it. That was deliberate, as opposed to everyone or even more-so all boys. Men know what they do. They like to play dumb but they see the lines just fine. Girls need to know they can and have to speak out.

Add this to movies I love. What do we have so far? The Sixth Sense, Private Parts, The Matrix, What We Do in the Shadows, Jojo Rabbit, and She Said. We're getting up to quite the list!
The Girl and DeathInGrasp like this.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I have been to the theater this year, but only twice, whereas until March 2020 I saw more movies than Keith. I had two Moviepass cards when that was possible. Anyway, voted yes, of course, but it feels like lying.
Keith likes this.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

After Keith’s take on Banshees of Inisherin I wanted to try it out, if only in the way people drive by slower by a car accident, and it wouldn’t cost me given my AMC A List membership.

Well let’s just say I’m literally in the theater now (I’m alone in the showing and seeking refuge in my phone)… it’s weird and hard to understand anyone with the thick accents. Weird as in, Barry Keoghan’s character asks Colin Farrell about if he’s seen his own sister naked, then goes on describing his own father’s cock… just stop. Does anyone talk this way? Anyway I think I have an hour of this showing left.

What We Do in the Shadows is one of my fav movies too. You may like Taika Waititi stuff in general given Jojo Rabbit on your list too.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Banshees takes two months to go from theatre to streaming.

Having a movie only in theatre (vs. also streaming, or streaming later) just ensures that I won't see it right away. Then other movies come out and I literally don't even know about the movie anymore. What is even the point of releasing a movie this way? Don't you want me to see it? Aren't you in the business of making money? Aren't you looking to hire better (and the best, therefore most expensive) actors each time? Fuck movies like this. I'll still see it. But fuck. Rant over.