• 2 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 1 Post By CsisandDesist
  • 1 Post By bluecrucial
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 3 Post By Friz
  • 1 Post By bag of lazers
  • 3 Post By littlp

Old 01-27-2023, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3624: The Cult w/ Kevin Allison

Kevin Allison is back, baby! We talk lawsuits, podcast guests, and cults. Be sure to watch Don’t Pick Up the Phone before the next episode!

Guest:
Kevin Allison

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and PippaMags like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

At least the gay basher died doing what he loved.
Keith and Jay86 like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think the cult followers are very needy for some feelings of belonging and knowing more then others.
And for this feeling they are prepared to throw away thinking.
And this makes them stupid.
Keith likes this.
Old 01-28-2023, 03:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Another article about the dipshit that caused damage while drunk.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/londo...pany-1.6715421

Here in Ontario, there is something called Smart Serve Certification, whereby anyone who serves alcohol has to take and pass a course. If Ovation had anyone who wasn't certified serving alcohol, it will be a problem for them, in this case.
Steph likes this.
Old 01-28-2023, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Great episode with Kevin as always. Was expecting the title to be "Kevin's Gate" after all the gay-cult talk.

Regarding the fast-food/criminal caller story, there was a dramatised version of it back in 2012. It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember it being good (though hard/frustrating/gross to watch).

It's one of those stories where, when I heard it in the news I thought "omg how could that happen". And then, like Chemda's experiment example, you see how the snowball gets out of control when no one wants to be accountable for resisting.

Jay86 likes this.
Old 01-29-2023, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Responsibility

I was surprised Keith and Chemda both thought the venue that served the woman the alcohol and then knowlingly let her get in her car and drive should not be held partially responsible. By the same logic Purdue Pharma should not be held responsible in any way for the opioid epidemic. All they did was produce, sell and market a highly addictive substance in order to make a profit. If people get addicted and overdose that's their problem, according to the logic you are using here. I think a venue that markets, sells, and profits from a highly addictive substance (alcohol) bears some of the responsibility for the negative effects of selling that substance. I am surprised given your past statements about alcohol and the nature of addiction that you were taking the stance that the woman who drove drunk bears sole responsibility. Budweiser is laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 01-29-2023, 06:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I don’t ever agree with anyone who says “by the same logic”
mxmalloryjane likes this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 08:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Biggest difference I can see is that in addition to producing, selling and marketing a highly addictive substance, Purdue straight up lied about the addiction levels. They lied to the doctors that were prescribing the drug and also to the pharmacies that were providing the drug.

Now, had Budweiser lied to the bar that served that woman intoxicating beverages all night under the guise that they would not impair her ability to drive home, then they may bear responsibility.

But from what I understand is it's fairly well documented and understood that drinking and diving are not a good combination.
Keith, The Girl and bag of lazers like this.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

Re: poll

I think it may be a mix of both. The leaders are scam artists I'm pretty sure, though at some point many of them start to believe their own bullshit to some degree.

I've been in some culty churches, and while I did manage to get out of religion entirely I don't think that I became a smarter person as soon as I left. Hopefully a bit wiser from the experience, but I'm still the same person.

Shit maybe I'm still just an idiot
memecherry likes this.
Old 02-02-2023, 09:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I am always amazed at how nonchalant Kevin is when talking about some of the most debaucherous activities I have heard. And with his masterpiece theater like voice telling the stories. Always amazing, always a guaranteed entertaining and enlightening shows when he is a guest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, The Girl and bag of lazers like this.