Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 10-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #11 (permalink)

Aaliyah's crash was fucked up as regards an inexperienced, drugged-up pilot, and an overladen plane:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaliyah#Investigation
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruit loops
Facts about Bandwidth: Usually your provider can adjust bandwidth usage based on preset areas within the city. A server will generally not throttle your service specifically. They can limit the amount you download a month and but the lines are usually set within a certain subset like: dial-up, hi speed dial-up, hi speed cable, hi speed fiber.

In general a business line cost twice the amount since businesses can write it off and as well can't justify being a residential customer. The business line is the SAME as residential line. Usually residential area will have reduced bandwidth during business hours or if the server admin is a real lazy ass it is just throttled back all the time so he doesn't have to switch it. In the end declaring yourself as a business may only double your cost without improvement of service especially since you are living in a residential building. A big Fuuuuuuck you brought to you by Time Warner.

You can ask for a more bandwidth package (not more download space), but as residential customer (in some areas you may not be able to get more).

good luck

Fruit Loops
usually there *is* more difference than just being for businesses. In most cases I've looked at, the contention ratio is very different from business to residential connections.

For the less techy, contention ratio is the maximum number of people using the same internet line at once. Most cases its 24:1, which means if your using a 1MB line your only ever guaranteed a speed of 41.6KBps. businesses usually get a contention ratio of something like 8:1 for the lower end and 1:1 for more expensive stuff like leased line or 'virtual lans'.

This is all dependent upon your location, connection, distance from a telephone exchange, and provider.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #13 (permalink)

Point of the matter

The point of matter for dear ole' KATG is that since they are in a residential area they probably will not be able to get the business service they want even if they wanted to pay for it (a least not right now as I can tell). The 'company' would gladly sell 'more' but you would recieve 'less' (relatively speaking).

Lucky Charms
Old 10-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

David Cross...Keith's FAVORITE comedian, is the one who has the joke about electrocuting crazy, retarded people.
"Seat belt for my legs, seat belt for my arms, seat belt for my head...WAIT!...what kind of ride is this?!?!?!"
Referring to Teggsas electrocuting retards.

-sixlete
Old 10-19-2006, 02:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I was referring to Bobby Slayton, smartass.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
He's a funny prick.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
My bad.