Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-01-2006, 10:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

I had a roommate who's friends who come over and the first thing they would do is OPEN THE REFRIGERATOR and stick they filthy hands in there and eat. One day i told them they would have to pay us back or stop eating unless offered food.

They were pissed but my roommate was happy, he did not want to piss them off but he did not want to feed them. Him and I are still friends he doesnt see the other guys.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

I moved in with my cousin Dan and he's pulling all the same lazy shit, not working, not helping around the house, but he's got a 2 year old daughter. He gets enough childcare money from the government to pay his half of the rent, but I'm buying all the groceries and diapers and fucking everything, spending the day watching his daughter, cleaning the place, basically holding the whole household together. It's incredibly fucked, but I don't want to leave because even if I tore him up and down and he got better for awhile, I know that the kid is more or less going to get neglected after I go. Not very cool.

I was used to him letting himself sink to rock bottom when we were younger, but once you have a kid you can't play World of Warcraft for three weeks and not take showers. You need a fucking job. When I was 12 I thought he was the coolest cat, but now he's just a big lazy slob.

The moral of this story is that friends are great 'cause you choose them, but family is fucking shit. Also, carrots are a delicious snack, easily as good as candy, and if you're not hungry enough to eat carrots then you're not really that hungry, are you, kiddo?

Last edited by KeithM; 12-02-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithM
I moved in with my cousin Dan and he's pulling all the same lazy shit, not working, not helping around the house, but he's got a 2 year old daughter. He gets enough childcare money from the government to pay his half of the rent, but I'm buying all the groceries and diapers and fucking everything, spending the day watching his daughter, cleaning the place, basically holding the whole household together. It's incredibly fucked, but I don't want to leave because even if I tore him up and down and he got better for awhile, I know that the kid is more or less going to get neglected after I go. Not very cool.
So if Dan isn't working, where is he all day while you're watching his daughter? Also, any regrets about moving home, or do you think your current situation is still better than how things were in Vancouver?
Old 12-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Anyone recall off the top of their heads what show it was that Chemda talks about Nick,..and how he wasn't nice to her,...justifying that he didn't have to be cause he was gay? I'm trying to locate it so my wife can hear that show. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:59 PM   #15 (permalink)

I lived with a girl in college that was a SLOB. She ate like shit (greasy, messy food) and would let her dishes pile up. She drank from a beer bong when she partied, and would eat bread, just plain white bread, when she was drunk, so the next day the apt. would be trashed and there would be pieces of bread all over the place. Of course she also puked each time she drank, so the bathroom was disgusting. It was like living with a guy, she had NO domestic skills. (Sorry, fellas, but men are notorious for disgusting bathroom habits, and she was just as bad.) We lived next door to the pizza parlor where I worked (Angelo's, was that there when you went to Humboldt, Arcatacat?), so one day I borrowed one of the tubs for bussing tables, loaded all the dirty dishes in it (which were ALL the dishes we had), and put them in her bedroom. While she didn't totally clean up her act, it helped a little. She was also gay, but never came out to me. That really pissed me off, because we were friends in HS, everyone knew she was gay, she knew I wouldn't CARE she was gay, but she did everything she could to try to hide it. I think that bothered me as much as her messy eating/bathroom habits.

My other bad roommate story comes from my brother, his bitch of a wife, and their toddler. They moved up here from Tahoe and we let them stay in our house while they looked for a place to live. The wife was a SLOB, left bags of dirty diapers in their bedroom, spilled coffee and never wiped it up, shit like that. Like Keith and Chemda, we ended up spending all our time in our own house away from them, upstairs in the bedroom or down in the basement family room watching TV. Anything to get away from them. They were house hunting (to rent) for a couple weeks but would always find something wrong with the houses, and we finally told them, "Look, you're not going to find the perfect house right away. Get what you can and save up for what you want, in the neighborhood you want. That's what we did when we moved from CA." She didn't want to hear any of that, so the next day while I was at work she convinced my brother they'd be better off moving to L.A. (where her parents and 10 siblings lived -- she was one of those hypocritical Catholics who believed in premarital sex but not abortion). By the time I came home that day all their shit was loaded in a U-Haul and they were gone. He's since divorced her (thank g-d), but I still hate her, and he still has to deal with her and custody issues with their two kids.

Roommates suck.

~Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #16 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Around 2000 I moved in with two of my best friends (guy and girl couple) who had just bought a place together and I ended up being the ignorant useless bastard. They booted me after about 6 months for similar shit to what Chemda talked about, and they were avoiding conflict by not telling me to pull my head in, and I was just plain dumb. Out of luck I guess I realised exactly what they were saying when it all came out and realised how much I'd disrespected them without knowing it but I moved out anyway to clear the air and get out of their faces and the friendship survived to the point I was still best man at their wedding a couple of years later.

It goes back to what Chemda was saying about how some guys are too insecure to admit when they've been wrong about something but Keith has the balls to change his way of looking at tings if you can give him some good reasoning. "Ever since Mary gave birth without fuckin, my mind is open." If the relationship (of any kind) has mutual respect at the core it can survive even heavy shit like getting kicked out.

Anyway, fuggin awesome to have 2 hours with Patrice kickin ass, Chemda's stories of her house and Keith with some awesome trademark apeshit rants ("YOU'RE ALL FLIMSY AND FLOMSY!!!"). I love hearing the stuff about how Chemda bought the house and was so excited about getting it all set up and stuff and how she told that hippy retard housemate to fuck off.

(When a long term relationship broke up early this year (in which I was living with the girl) my same friends welcomed me back into their house but with a time limit and now I'm less dumb about pulling my weight around the place and it's sweet. So far.)

Last edited by Bucho; 12-03-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho
Around 2000 I moved in with two of my best friends (guy and girl couple)
I think it's hard to be the third housemate when you're living with a couple. I did it once. I was the third, they hadn't been together that long, I didn't know enough about him, etc. I was young and stupid, that was part of the problem. I won't go into the gory details, but she ended up moving out w/o telling me what she was doing, I was left alone with an unemployed alcoholic, and a week later I was calling 9-1-1 and moving back in with my parents. Not a pleasant scene.
Old 12-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juline
I think it's hard to be the third housemate when you're living with a couple. I did it once. I was the third, they hadn't been together that long, I didn't know enough about him, etc. I was young and stupid, that was part of the problem. I won't go into the gory details, but she ended up moving out w/o telling me what she was doing, I was left alone with an unemployed alcoholic, and a week later I was calling 9-1-1 and moving back in with my parents. Not a pleasant scene.
It can be tough but I think in my case it was harder for my friends. They'd been together a good five years but it was their first house they'd bought so similar to Chemda they were stoked to have their own space and in a way, even though we were tight, you can't help being the three's-a-crowd dude. Plus I was dumb and took them for granted and it inevitably puts strain on their relationship which was the worst thing about the whole deal for me. I hated it when I found out my retardedness had caused friction between them.

It was also a shock to find out how they hadn't felt comfortable enough to bring the stuff up to me. Before we lived together me and my mate would always tell each other if one of us was out of line and needed a smack in the chops. But it was almost like being in his own house made him want to create a cool environment by not bringing stuff up. That was probably the biggest change with moving in with them the second time, we're older and don't have time or fear for avoiding conflict if something's bugging us so we're up front and it's sweet. It's the old chestnut of relationships - communication.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho
That was probably the biggest change with moving in with them the second time, we're older and don't have time or fear for avoiding conflict if something's bugging us so we're up front and it's sweet. It's the old chestnut of relationships - communication.
Isn't that the truth. We're moving in the next six months or so, and have been giving some thought to buying a HUGE house, or a big lot with two houses, or an industrial space or something, and sharing it with another couple. We've known them for years and years, we just spent two weeks together (divided time between their house and ours), and got along so well. We were all pretty bummed when they went home to WA (where we'll be moving). It's a big decision, though, and I'm sure we'll be discussing it at length before we make any real decisions. I like the idea, but I'm not convinced I like it enough to give up 100% of my privacy.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:17 PM   #20 (permalink)

My friend and his wife split up. He needed to get out of the house, she was screwing a woman behind his back. He lived with my family for a few weeks, but I did help him get out. Nothing personal, but it is hard living with someone. He has his own place, and saved a lot of money by living with me. He also did the dishes, and cleaned in general. Plus, when he was with her, I could not stand the bitch. So this way I get a friend back. My wife and I had split up for a long while, and just got remarried. It was an odd honeymoon, but I think we all ended up better off.