Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

483: Guns N' Roonies

"We would rather be addicted to the most powerful heroin than be fucked by this old motherfucker."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

hearing you guys act those out made this my new favorite episode.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
mkl

I am listening to the episode now, but figured I'd comment or I'd forget...The VA shooter DID wait a month. Virginia has a 1 hand gun a month limit. He bought the first handgun 36~ days before. He waited that month, then bought the second gun, then it happened.

Last edited by mkl; 04-18-2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wow.

You know what's crazy? I have a MFA in Creative Writing, and have been working on a novel for TWO YEARS, and this kid writes two shitty plays, shoots a bunch of people, and suddenly everyone's talking about his work. I think that it's time to re-think my approach.

This might be my new favorite episode--at first, I was utterly horrified that y'all were reading the plays, but then I found myself laughing out loud in my office as they went on, eventually losing my shit when the singing started.

LOL, indeed.
Old 04-18-2007, 07:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maoglone View Post
Wow.

You know what's crazy? I have a MFA in Creative Writing, and have been working on a novel for TWO YEARS, and this kid writes two shitty plays, shoots a bunch of people, and suddenly everyone's talking about his work. I think that it's time to re-think my approach.

This might be my new favorite episode--at first, I was utterly horrified that y'all were reading the plays, but then I found myself laughing out loud in my office as they went on, eventually losing my shit when the singing started.

LOL, indeed.
its like in fine art, you only get famous after you're dead.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

This was a great show. Thoughful, insightful, educational even, and it included the line "Now hold it right there, mister, that was a boating accident!"
Old 04-18-2007, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Are the plays that bad?

I read both plays and I'm listening to the show now... The plays seem harmless. Can you imagine reading a Tarentino screen play? I've seen some pretty disturbing Salvador Dali paintings in museums. Should his professors have turned him into the counselor's? It's amazing how regular people become facists after these types of tragedies.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

OH MY HELL!!!!
I laughed my butt off when you all were singing Mr. Brownstone!!!!
Sounds like this kid had some teacher stories to add to Keet's "bad teacher list"
Old 04-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo1 View Post
I read both plays and I'm listening to the show now... The plays seem harmless. Can you imagine reading a Tarentino screen play?
I imagine it would be full of interesting dialogue, unlike this play. The key to all these plays is how awful they are, not simply the fact that they are weird and disturbing.

If you write something disturbing superbly, you are an artist, but if you write a shitty, disturbing story, you need to have an eye kept on you.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Loved the episode. I'm also probably another one who thinks this is my new favorite episode. Interesting to see some of the listeners ideas and then ended not only with Shakespeare style acting... but also Rooney!