Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-18-2007, 10:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

excellent episode. glad to see you guys know i'm not the bad guy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Welcome to the forums McPork. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck You!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Just a slight correction. The first two people killed in the dorms at VT were NOT a girlfriend and the guy she was cheating with. It was a young woman and her female Resident Assistant who was trying to protect her. The first young woman killed was just one of several women this psycho was stalking. They NEVER DATED. There is no cheating scenario here. He was a total nutjob stalker. Sorry to be so pissy about this, but it's so infuriating to hear the police term those first two murders a "simple domestic" issue. Killing a woman that you're stalking and an innocent bystander is not a "simple domestic!!"

His teachers noticed his freaky writing back in 2005 and went to the police, but there wasn't anything they could do about fictional writing. So there were warning signs aplenty about him. The Chicago Tribune has a good article detailing his history and the allegations that he was stalking more than one woman.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #14 (permalink)

You guys nearly killed me!!! I almost choked on my breakfast while listening to My Andy!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Did anyone see this? The rumor is that that guy Fred Phelps is planning on protesting the funerals:

Quote:
WBC to Preach at Funerals of Virginia Tech Dead

WBC will preach at the funerals of the Virginia Tech students killed on campus during a shooting rampage April 16, 2007. You describe this as monumental horror, but you know nothing of horror — yet. Your bloody tyrant Bush says he is ‘horrified’ by it all. You know nothing of horror — yet. Your true horror is coming. “They shall also gird themselves with sackloth, and horror shall cover them; and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads” (Eze. 7:18).

Why did this happen, you ask? It’s simple. Your military chose to shoot at the servants of God today, and all they got for their effort was terror. Then, the LORD your God sent a crazed madman to shoot at your children. Was God asleep while this took place? Was He on vacation? Of course not. He willed this to happen to punish you for assailing His servants.
From http://www.godhatesamerica.com/ which as far as I know is run by him.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:08 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
Did anyone see this? The rumor is that that guy Fred Phelps is planning on protesting the funerals:

Those motherfuckers. I hope the bikers show up again. They shut them down last time, just by being there. The little Bible thumpers were too afraid of the motorcycle guys to stick around for very long.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

One last thing I found was that allegedly at VT back in 2002:

Quote:
... a disgruntled student at Appalachian Law School, Peter Odighizuwa, allegedly shot and killed the school's dean, a professor and a student on campus before being subdued by two armed students, Mikael Gross and Tracy Bridges.

Gross and Bridges reportedly ran to their cars to fetch their own guns and returned to confront Odighizuwa, who surrendered after allegedly initiating a fistfight.
from http://tinyurl.com/3exhdt

The article is about if guns should be allowed on campus. I'm not exactly sure my stance on it but no matter what your opinion is, I can't seem to find any other information on this 2002 incident? Does anyone else recall this? I can't find more information.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
The article is about if guns should be allowed on campus. I'm not exactly sure my stance on it but no matter what your opinion is, I can't seem to find any other information on this 2002 incident? Does anyone else recall this? I can't find more information.
I don't think it matters what your stance is. There are lot of things on a campus that aren't allowed.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:22 AM   #19 (permalink)

Ya sorry. I didn't know how to word it I was trying to avoid sounding like I was putting up an opinion piece. I just was curious why I couldn't find more info about this article.
Old 04-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

It seems to get mentioned in a lot of the articles for this shooting, but not more than what you found. Maybe there wasn't that much to it. They have a specific event to point to in that guy's life, so they didn't have a whole lot to milk for speculative stories.