Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_praha View Post
"They have attributed to David ten thousand [kills], while to me they have attributed thousands [kills]! He is lacking only the kingship." And Saul eyed David with suspicion from that day on." I Samuel 18: 8
Yea. I agree with you. I don't follow that work nor do I think it should be taught as anything other than the mythology that it is.

Go on.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
I'll say this, Joel: I appreciated the plays being read.

I felt it gave me some insight into this kid's mind and I began to get a more comprehensive idea of the state he was in. The plays were sop terribly written that it would have been difficult not to make fun of them, but I think this kid would have been far more nebulous and less real had I not heard them.

As someone who has so little emotional connection to tragic events (it's one of my character flaws) the plays actually gave me a connection to this whole debacle, something I have rarely had in regards to any tragedy.
Oh come on, Cubby. For fuck's sake. As Chris Rock said "Whatever happened to crazy?"

We don't need to hear this kid's plays. He shot 32 people dead. He's a little bit fucking crazy. I can perhaps understand a slightly crazy person shooting the object of his infatuation, but 30 others? NO.

I won't back down on this one. What KATG did was wrong.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #43 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

DEAD wrong.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #44 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
Yea. I agree with you. I don't follow that work nor do I think it should be taught as anything other than the mythology that it is.

Go on.
I guarantee there are upwards of two million kids being taught this passage every year. And if not then they're learning about the amazing conquests of Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan or hell even America's westward expansion which was a holocaust of sorts for the native americans. History is written in blood. Don't get so uppity if KATG decided to have a little fun with the obvious. Deny it if you want but you're only here because your ancestors were lucky or they were some cold blooded murdering motherfuckers who did anything to survive and thrive. Greatness used to be counted by how many you killed in battle. Just deal with it and don't get offended if someone chooses to acknowledge the obvious. It would be great if we could become a more utopian society but I like my SUV and the ability to fly anywhere in the world I want and that comes through the suppression of the little people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36D View Post
I love you.

teehee
Old 04-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #45 (permalink)

I'll have the record show that I snorted aloud in my office following Mr. Malley's remark...
Old 04-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #46 (permalink)

Great episode. Performing the plays was just genius.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdd27 View Post
Oh come on, Cubby. For fuck's sake. As Chris Rock said "Whatever happened to crazy?"

We don't need to hear this kid's plays. He shot 32 people dead. He's a little bit fucking crazy. I can perhaps understand a slightly crazy person shooting the object of his infatuation, but 30 others? NO.

I won't back down on this one. What KATG did was wrong.
What's really offensive is those plays. They're a crime against literature. I, sir, am offended. I think I'll go have a cereal bar. 10 points to you Mr. Malley.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #48 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
Fuck it, somebody start a fucking poll.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
It would be great if we could become a more utopian society but I like my SUV and the ability to fly anywhere in the world I want and that comes through the suppression of the little people.
It is sad that millions are taught the Bible as truth. But I fail to see why you keep on pointing that out to me. I'm on your side with that.

History is written in blood. You haven't made a connection from that to what you wrote.

Quote:
Don't get so uppity if KATG decided to have a little fun with the obvious.
Please point out to me where in any of my comments I have "uppity." Or are you so caught up with making your point that you fail to comprehend mine?

Explain your use of "obvious" because in the context that you you it, it isn't to me.

And as for your last statements about SUVs and selfishness - wtf? Whose talking about that?

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 04-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
DEAD wrong.
Oh no you didn'!