Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
DEAD wrong.
Would you like to expand on that a little, Keith?

As a comedian, perhaps you could explain what's funny about reading a shitty play, just because the author is a murderer?

I'm sure the families of the dead would appreciate a laugh right now. After all, they're preparing to bury their children, it might take their minds off it.
Give them a copy of your DVD as well...

Fucking disgrace.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #52 (permalink)

Location: Inside of Barbie's Dreamhouse (she's tied up in the closet)
In the context of all that is happening in the world why are you so offended with reading one guy's shit play, which by the way isn't profiting him any. Why don't you go pour fake blood on some rich bitch's fur coat and yell at some woman for having a blood diamond. Those activities are actually hurting someone. Reading the play isn't going to encourage anybody to follow in the shooters footsteps or any other senseless acts of violence. All they did was essentially go 'this guy is a stupid dick and here's why in addition to the obvious reasons.' You're acting as if though he went out and shot somebody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36D View Post
I love you.

teehee
Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 PM   #53 (permalink)

Hey a shitty play is a shitty play regardless of who wrote it. Yes, what happened is a tragedy but it shouldn't demand any sort of reverence toward bad writing.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:20 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_praha View Post
In the context of all that is happening in the world why are you so offended with reading one guy's shit play,
Where did I write that?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
Where did I write that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36D
I got really angry in the chat last night from people's comments during the show, but I wasn't listening to the feed. I'm thinking of just not listening to it...I take it you would agree, joel?

I'm with you on that.

For now I'll skip this show.
BTW, if KATG does make a snuff episode, I may skip it, but no guarantees, we'll have to see.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafer_praha View Post
BTW, if KATG does make a snuff episode, I may skip it, but no guarantees, we'll have to see.
Once again, what did I write? Or are you reading far more into what I've written than is there - in another thread, no less (which I knew you would revert to as you scrambled for something).

Where was anything about the play written there by me?

Or is that the only reason you can come up with?

Scramble...
Old 04-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
Once again, what did I write? Or are you reading far more into what I've written than is there - in another thread, no less (which I knew you would revert to as you scrambled for something).

Where was anything about the play written there by me?

Or is that the only reason you can come up with?

Scramble...
I'm done, start a poll.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:33 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
Welcome to the forums McPork. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck You!
Thanks! Figured this was as good a time as any to join and I was right.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:40 PM   #59 (permalink)

I'm not going to expound on the debate of whether or not to read the play, but I read a summary of the Richard McBeef one and it read suspiciously like the storyline to Hamlet. Step-son fears abusive new "father" murdered his real dad, scary mother is involved, play ends with the son's death. Was he doing a riff on Shakespeare? Even the title makes me think so...McDuff is a character in Macbeth, Richard is a big name for Shakespeare...

At any rate, I don't think you can read a violent play alone and determine if the person who wrote it is violent, you have to take it within the context of that person's behavior. CNN.com has an interview with his dorm roommates and they talked about how he had an imaginary girlfriend, how they saw him stalk at least three different female students and were then afraid to have their own friends come by the room, etc. His poetry instructor had him removed from her class after two different students refused to attend because he was taking photographs of them from under his desk (upskirt shots? they were unclear about that). It was after that incident that the English department head attempted to reach him through private tutoring.

I guess one of the reasons the police dropped the ball and let him go on to Norris Hall was because an early lead had them heading over to another college to question the first victim's boyfriend (her REAL boyfriend), who had guns in his off-campus house. They were questioning the boyfriend when the second shootings took place. The RA who died was a male, so they seemed to assume that it was a jealousy over cheating situation but they were off by a mile, clearly.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I'm not going to expound on the debate of whether or not to read the play, but I read a summary of the Richard McBeef one and it read suspiciously like the storyline to Hamlet. Step-son fears abusive new "father" murdered his real dad, scary mother is involved, play ends with the son's death. Was he doing a riff on Shakespeare? Even the title makes me think so...McDuff is a character in Macbeth, Richard is a big name for Shakespeare...
You know, I thought the same thing as they were reading the play on the show. What I'd really like to see is the comments that he received on the play.

Wow. That sounds callous. I guess I could say here that it's out of academic curiosity (I spent a lot of time in college critiquing creative writing), particularly in this play's lukewarm, perhaps trite, resemblance to Shakespeare?