Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-18-2007, 03:02 PM   #61 (permalink)

jwdd: over 2,250 posts on these forums, who knows how many episodes you've listened to and NOW you get offended? WTF dude.

I listened to their rendition of the plays and I enjoyed it. This episode did a lot to put some perspective on the event while still showing the humor that's needed to get past something like this.

You want to talk about the grieving families of those that died? I'm sure the thing they need right now is self-righteous fucks like yourself speaking FOR them. They're Americans and most of them are adults. Sure, they live in Virginia, but I'm sure that doesn't stop them from being able to speak for themselves.

If you're that fucking offended, stop listening and stop posting. There's much more to life than being pissed off all the time. Speaking of which, I think I'm gonna go whack off and I'd really rather you didn't stand there tapping your foot in disgust while I do it.

"NCF you are the sweetest. When I see you we'll share peanut butter right off the same knife." - Rhian
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:03 PM   #62 (permalink)

Apparently they read the plays on Opie & Anthony this morning as well.

Get that paper ready for the angry letters jwdd!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoglone View Post
You know, I thought the same thing as they were reading the play on the show. What I'd really like to see is the comments that he received on the play.

I've heard one student who was in that class interviewed and he said he distinctly recalls talking about the play with a friend in the class and suggesting that Cho could possibly be a school shooter. He said when the news came out that the shooter was Asian he immediately thought of Cho, and had more than one friend email him to say, "Do you think it's Cho?"

There were LOTS of people freaked out by this guy. Sounds like he really needed help but refused to accept it. It's really hard to involuntarily commit someone who hasn't committed a crime or proven that they are a danger, so there wasn't much anyone could do about him. His teachers clearly tried, but it wasn't enough.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:16 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdd27 View Post
Oh come on, Cubby. For fuck's sake. As Chris Rock said "Whatever happened to crazy?"

We don't need to hear this kid's plays. He shot 32 people dead. He's a little bit fucking crazy. I can perhaps understand a slightly crazy person shooting the object of his infatuation, but 30 others? NO.

I won't back down on this one. What KATG did was wrong.
I completely agree that he's crazy. I'm not saying that we need to understand/sympathize with him.

I'm just saying that the plays gave me an idea of how fucked up he was, and somehow made me connect to the entire tragedy a little more because I was able to see how fucked up this guy was. Otherwise I would have had no connection to the situation at all. My mind would know, "That was wrong and bad," but I would have no deeper connection than I have to the Titanic's sinking. Soemhow these plays made me feel I connected to the situation.

I'm not making ANY excuses for this guy, and I'm not saying that reading the plays was the appropriate thing to do, but I am glad that I heard them, regardless.

"Cubby is an idiot. Just look at his old posts.... Idiot. Always quoting me and fucking up the meaning..." ~ Keith
Old 04-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
His teachers clearly tried, but it wasn't enough.
One of them was Nikki Giovanni, who is originally from Cincinnati (I work there & live very close). She's a super-outspoken poet, one of those "love-'em or hate-'em" types of people. She recently made news here when she recited a poem at a dedication for the recently-renovated Fountain Square (remember the fountain at the beginning of WKRP? It's that one), wherein she called the then-Secretary of State who was running for Governor of Ohio (Ken Blackwell, who is also originally from Cincinnati), a son of a bitch. The whole city was pissed about it.

It's good to see that she made the news for trying to help someone as opposed to saying something inflammatory, I guess.

Honestly, though, I don't think that ANYTHING is enough for some people. The guy couldn't be reached--he wouldn't allow himself to be reached. In cases like that, there's really nothing anyone can do. *shrug*
Old 04-18-2007, 03:23 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfcyank19
If you're that fucking offended, stop listening and stop posting. There's much more to life than being pissed off all the time. Speaking of which, I think I'm gonna go whack off and I'd really rather you didn't stand there tapping your foot in disgust while I do it.
This is the dumbest thing fans of this show ever say.

When your friend offends you, do you assume the only options are "never be friends" or "overlook everything"? No, you bring it up and hopefully you can both come to an agreement.

Keith's even said before that he wants a friend that will let him know when he does some shit that's not good. He doesn't need more yes-men, you retard.

Last edited by Cubby; 04-18-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
I completely agree that he's crazy. I'm not saying that we need to understand/sympathize with him.

I'm just saying that the plays gave me an idea of how fucked up he was, and somehow made me connect to the entire tragedy a little more because I was able to see how fucked up this guy was.
See. That's interesting. I feel zilch connection to the guy nor am I much interested in him outside of motive but do so to the victims.

There but for the randomness of life go I.

The NY Times devotes a section to the Faces of the Victims.
"...with one devastating act, the 32 men and women from places as far apart as Romania, Peru and Quebec were united in a horrifying fate, massacred by a student who was born in another land, a 23-year-old South Korean.

Among those killed were a major in animal science from Woodville, Va., who was an avid equestrian; an engineering graduate student from Puerto Rico who loved salsa and played in a band; a red belt in tae kwan do from Vienna, Va., who wanted to breed dogs; and a graduate student from Louisville, Ky., who was an avid fan of the Virginia Tech football team.

Liviu Librescu, 76, a professor who had done groundbreaking work in aeronautical engineering, was born in Romania and survived the Holocaust, only to be killed on Yom Hashoah, the international day that commemorates Holocaust victims.

Students said Professor Librescu had blocked the door to his classroom to prevent the gunman from entering. A daughter-in-law, Ayala Librescu, who lives in Ra’anana, near Tel Aviv, told Ynet, the Web site of the Hebrew daily Yediot Aharonot: “He must have realized that the murderer was approaching. He saved his students and was killed by gunshots.”
To hear death approaching, to have survived what he had and triumphed so greatly, and to decide to do what is right - what his beliefs called for - to not have backed down and cowled behind his desk, but instead to stand up and place himself in harm's way.

A Hero.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 04-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
Keith's even said before that he wants a friend that will let him know when he does some shit that's not good. He doesn't need more yes-men, you retard.
Breaking News: Keith Malley has announced that he's sorry for offending people following the reading of Cho's plays, and has stated that he will be entering rehab as a result. More as the story develops.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
We don't need to hear this kid's plays. He shot 32 people dead. He's a little bit fucking crazy. I can perhaps understand a slightly crazy person shooting the object of his infatuation, but 30 others? NO.

It may be a bit early. I will say that. However keep in mind I am writing this post without hearing the show, and without an inkling about the content of the plays.

In comparison to Ted Kaczynski, he did horrible things. He killed and maimed people. He wrote crazy as fuck manuscripts. I think that his manuscript should be catalogued and put into libraries uncensored, so that we can learn from it. So that people can paint the entire picture of what this person was like, and hopefully history won't repeat.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:39 PM   #70 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Oh come on, Cubby. For fuck's sake. As Chris Rock said "Whatever happened to crazy?"

Does this offend you?

http://www.nobodylikesonions.com/v3/...=148&Itemid=56