Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 06-21-2007, 03:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

Here is my message to Dank

Quote:
I had a dream last night and it was God telling me to look on myspace for dankryan because he is awesome. Are you the second coming of Christ?
I threw in the word awesome twice (in the title also) just so he could see that it does in fact have an 'e' in it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:59 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by levendus View Post
The rate of exchange between dollars and gold was set by legislative acts. The original impetus behind agreements like the Bretton Woods Treaty was so that eggheads like Keynes could manage our economy rather than letting we the people do it for ourselves.
Well, sort of; the market (ie we the people) had already introduced the gold standard long before it became legislation in the US. And the gold standard had years and years behind it (introduced in Europe in the late 1800's and in America in 1900) before Bretton Woods (which was in 1944). I don't disagree with you on the merits of Bretton Woods but there's no reason why a gold based currency could work without international treaties (or, indeed, any legislation at all). Hell, that's how they began.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Keet....since I only ever post here to give people shit, I thought I should balance out my Karma, you said you quit Burger Time, so I thought you might want to take a look at this in the meantime to fill your toilet sitting hours.

http://www.destructoid.com/god-of-wa...nd-33072.phtml
Old 06-21-2007, 08:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Beer fountains

Okay I have to give my two-cents on the beer fountain deal... sorry, Keith, if I'm killing your dreams...

1. In most states there is the three-tier law. This means that unless you are a brewpub (where 50% of your sales are food), you must sell your beer to a wholesaler who, in turn, sells it to the retailer, who you then buy it from. That being said, it's almost impossible to find a brewery that can give out unlimited amounts of beer. Not because it's unprofitable to the brewery, but because it pisses off the wholesalers - essentially it's stealing their business.

2. OSHA would never allow a beer drinking-fountain at any brewery - especially not at such a high profile and highly visible brewery such as Coors. At most breweries you can "taste" on the job since it is a type of quality assurance analysis, however, you are not allowed to become intoxicated. You couldn’t really justify a beer fountain as beer “tasting” – it would be pretty obvious that you have it just to down some brew.

3. A beer fountain would get really, really disgusting. Its wishful thinking to believe that beer is self-cleaning because it contains alcohol. Working in a brewery, spilled beer is your number one enemy because it's wet and has a high sugar content which attracts both mold and bugs. Anyone who has had a big party and woken up to beer all over the house the next day can relate to how gross beer residue can be.

I think it would be so awesome to have a beer fountain. May be a cool perk that you could manage at home but no brewery would risk it.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

I like how Keith kept slipping and calling the tv show Icehouse truckers. I kept imagining these truckers risking their lives to deliver their precious cargo of Icehouse beer to the arctic people.

Must be hard to get it out of your head after a week off the sauce.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

that GoW looks fuckin sweeeeeet!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #27 (permalink)

It's only eight bucks so I picked it up, it's a little weird playing on a phone, but the gameplay is awesome.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

A guy I worked with in Portland worked in the Henry Weinhardts brewery back in the seventies. They had a break room with an old fashioned coke machine full of henry in bottles, but no coin slot. Company policy was you could have all the beer you could drink during your breaks free. All were alkys or pretty close, so the entire shift got wacked every day. The policy was discontinued some time in the 80s and productivity picked way up immediately. Oh well...
Old 06-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbintheboywanker View Post
so according to this i can say that this 'proves' white males are crimanalistic.

I'd say it suggests that poor people are more likely to steal.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Credit Card Debt

I was just listening to Chemda talk about getting into credit-card debt in college. I just saw a really good documentary discussing how credit-card companies basically make most of their money off people who can't pay the bills. One of their targets is college students. The movie is called Maxed Out - it was pretty interesting.