Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-26-2007, 05:37 AM   #31 (permalink)

Holy shit, that's my name an hour and 24 minutes in. I feel specialz.

RAISE YOUR KIDS
RAISE YOUR KIDS
RAISE YOUR GODDAMN KIDS
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally
I have a mind to take my fat canadian cash somewhere else!
So Canadian cash is not only gay looking but it's fat too?

What went wrong with you people? I don't understand how we could have come from the same mother country.

Then I watch Ice Road Truckers and I remember that we were all GB's white-trash dumping grounds and it all makes sense.

Last edited by levendus; 08-26-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:38 PM   #33 (permalink)

I'll stand by canadian money any day. Work a service job in a shady neighborhood for a few weeks and see how easy it is to counterfeit american money. Our twenties may look like they're from the Jetsons, but I've never seen a convincing fake. There are a dozen obvious security features and a dozen more subtle ones.

And your fucking one dollar bills! They're ridiculous. Every time I'm in the states I end up with a wallet full of shitty ones that look just like the twenties. You could make an argument against coins, but not having a $2 bill just means you didn't think things through.

I know you yanks are never gonna see the light, the same way you can't get on board with the metric system. It's how you were raised, it's too late to learn you now. But your money is balls, and it ain't worth shit anymore. So fuck all y'all.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I'll stand by canadian money any day. Work a service job in a shady neighborhood for a few weeks and see how easy it is to counterfeit american money. Our twenties may look like they're from the Jetsons, but I've never seen a convincing fake. There are a dozen obvious security features and a dozen more subtle ones.

And your fucking one dollar bills! They're ridiculous. Every time I'm in the states I end up with a wallet full of shitty ones that look just like the twenties. You could make an argument against coins, but not having a $2 bill just means you didn't think things through.

I know you yanks are never gonna see the light, the same way you can't get on board with the metric system. It's how you were raised, it's too late to learn you now. But your money is balls, and it ain't worth shit anymore. So fuck all y'all.
McNally for Prime Minister!
(or maybe Minister of Foreign Affairs?)
Old 08-26-2007, 09:14 PM   #35 (permalink)

I think they're living in denial about $1 coins, too. Those tokens they use in NY subways are technically one dollar coins. People look at you funny when you use them outside the subway, but they take 'em. Eventually the treasury's gonna get tired of printing all these flimsy dollar bills and make a mess of coins instead.

I thought the coins were weird at first, but they've grown on me. If we go for a $5 coin I'll be into it. And it can't possible look more stupid than the $2, right? Prove me wrong, Canada.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
Old 08-27-2007, 12:40 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
PWNED.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:09 AM   #38 (permalink)

You give her a five, you cheap bastard! That's a naked woman, for christ's sake! Not a barista at a coffee shop. A fucking dollar! What is this, the Great Depression?

From wiki:

Quote:
"In spite of its relatively low value amongst denominations of U.S. currency, the two-dollar bill is one of the most rarely-seen in circulation and actual use. They are almost never given as change for commercial transactions, and thus consumers rarely have them on hand."
That's like saying you have a fifty cent piece. Not since 1885, you haven't. So have another one, Arc, you fucking lush! I congratulate Spooky, however, on his gentlemanly debate.

(Spooky lost some stuff, so I wanna be nice. But come on, he knew that was too easy.)

Last edited by McNally; 08-27-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:26 AM   #39 (permalink)

From wiki, continued:

Quote:
"This comparative scarcity in circulation has led to an overall lack of public knowledge of the $2 bill and has also inspired urban legends and folk beliefs concerning it."
You have people who think your own money is an urban legend. That's the best.

Meanwhile, check this shit about the canadian twenty:

Quote:
"Security features visible from the front include a holographic stripe along the left side, depicting the number 20 alternated with maple leaves; a watermark of the Queen's portrait; and a broken-up number 20, which resolves itself when backlit.

The reverse also has a visible security feature: an interleaved metallic strip, reading '20 CAN' repeatedly along its length. As well as textured printing, this new 2004 design incorporates a special tactile feature similar to Braille dots for the blind indicating the denomination.

The 2004 $20 bill was awarded Bank Note of the Year by the International Bank Note Society in 2005."
I was working at a coffee shop when the new bill was released, and it was like night and day. I took fake twenties three times before that, american and canadian, but never after the new twenty. The braille was the first check, then the phantom queen, and if you somehow still weren't sure you could move on to the obscure security features. If you used american money at 3am, I started just telling people to fuck off. Toss your tradition in the can, america: You need new money.

Which reminds me! Valley girls from Washington and California: OUR QUARTERS LOOKS JUST LIKE YOUR QUARTERS. DON'T HOLD UP A QUARTER AND ASK ME HOW MUCH IT'S WORTH. YOU'RE FUCKING STUPID.

Thank you.

Last edited by McNally; 08-27-2007 at 01:35 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:55 AM   #40 (permalink)

i refuse to carry around a money sack for my singles, its not the middle ages or some late night back alley comic book shop pen and paper D&D night. you can bitch about american singles, but when i was in canada, i constantly had a huge jingling pocket of silly coins because thats all you have. and you hide coins INSIDE other coins? wtf? in canada, you can disassemble a coin, how does that even make SENSE?

and the two dollar bill isnt common, because we dont require it, we have singles. your mind is all askew with canadian logic.

also, as i understand it, your strippers arent worth a fiver.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.