Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 10-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
mkl

[QUOTE=brizzlewizzle;269014]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkl View Post
Holy shit, that doesn't sound like Deuce.
Ian from FTL is a nutcase, mark is somewhat more on the ball though. Compulsory military service is a bad bad idea and would take a generation or two of conditioning the population before it could work
Listen to the whole show. It did sound like Duece that day. I like Deuce, and I'd love to stick up for him just because he is a friend of the show...but if this was a debate he lost. He made some good points, but overall it wasn't a strong argument.

Ian is extreme in his thinking. However, he is pretty logical. I think it's hard to understand and comprehend a lot of what Ian is talking about without following either FTL for awhile, or politcal theory in general. You don't have to agree with Ian, but there a lot of economists and political theorists who do agree that a free market system without government intervention would be preferable.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #12 (permalink)

I think at one point if our government keeps going downhill so to speak with us losing a lot of our rights, the only way to have rights will be to do time in the military. I have a feeling in the next 100 years or so, life will be kind of like star ship troopers. Where there military is the government, and the only way to have rights and be a citizen will be to serve in the military
Old 10-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam19 View Post
paintball for katg in lv
i think we are going to be busy doing other things in las vegas...
Old 10-04-2007, 08:48 AM   #14 (permalink)

There is a radio show called This American Life...they had a really interesting show recently about an Iraq Veteran who came back to the States, how the experience in Iraq changed him....and how he chose to recover from the mental trauma and PTSD.

Hearing the gunner talk about "freaking out" and scanning crowded spaces reminded me a lot of it.

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1205

"340: The Devil in Me

Stories of people trying to exorcize their inner demons.

Prologue.
Host Ira Glass talks about not being able to admit when he's wrong, as well as other traits he's not proud of, but can't seem to change. (3 minutes)

Act One. And So We Meet Again.

Sam Slaven is an Iraq War veteran who came home from the War plagued by feelings of hate and anger toward Muslims. TAL producer Lisa Pollak tells the story of the unusual action Sam took to change himself, and the Muslim students who helped him do it."
Old 10-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Great show. Thanks Gunner.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

Let me sum up half of the show

"OMG WTF no laws?? OMG WTF NO LAWS!! I could kill pplz!!" Repeat

KATG is a funny show, but when they stray to intellectual topics it makes it painful to listen to.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #17 (permalink)

Well, one thing is for sure, I know now that Free Talk Live doesn't deserve my time as a podcast, and two... Deuce has gained some level of respect from me.. he comes across as such a goof at times, but he on this show he was very coherent and very interesting. Good for you Deuce and good for you for promoting KATG in a good way.

I have to say.. just one thing Deuce.. you may want to rethink the name of your podcast... "educated alcoholics" isn't something that you would want to promote when you are sounding so intellectual.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

You're Wrong Keith

As a long time listener to both shows, I listen to KATG for laughs and FTL for politics. Admittedly, Ian is way out there but Mark is much closer to my own views. I don't call myself anti-goverment but I am pro-freedom.

I am also an 8-veteran of the Army. Mandatory service is absolutly slavery. Forcing any American to do something that they don't want to do goes against the Constitution that Keith, The Gunner, and Myself all swore to uphold when we enlisted.

As a veteran, I loved the fact that every one of the guys I served with were there by choice. I don't think I could have trusted the guy next to me if he was being forced to be there. You would have to talk to some of the Veitman guys to get more into that.

In this country we are all promised the freedom to pursue happiness. Not happiness mind you, just the freedom to pursue it. How could I pursue that freedom while being forced into service with the military?

http://www.fromtheville.com
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #19 (permalink)

Thumbs up Hey Gunner

Be sure to let us know your address when you go. I'll be sure to send you and your company stuff.

I married me an army brat from Texas (who use to live in Ft. Hood among many other places)

Thanks for serving our great country!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #20 (permalink)

Nice job, Deuce!