Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-12-2008, 08:29 AM   #41 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylake View Post
Seriously Tool make some cool tunes, if not for the pretentous as fuck losers in the band. Seeing them live is an excercise of watching all of them barely move on stage, the lead singer sing to a video screen behind the drum kit, and none of them make even a small attempt to engage the audience. Biggest disappointment ever - don't waste your money.
I didn't know them very well at the time, but I went to see them on the second stage at Lollapalooza in 1993 and I was terrified. By them, by the music, by the crowd. Sounds like they've changed since then, but I can't imagine that video of their shows would be as sought after as they are if it was normally so boring.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylake View Post
Seriously Tool make some cool tunes, if not for the pretentous as fuck losers in the band. Seeing them live is an excercise of watching all of them barely move on stage, the lead singer sing to a video screen behind the drum kit, and none of them make even a small attempt to engage the audience. Biggest disappointment ever - don't waste your money.

I've seen Tool 3 times and have never been disappointed. Well worth the money every time. Their shows are not about the band it is about the music, hence the seemingly mellow musicians. They are just not a band you go to see the stage antics, you go to hear the music played live and often uniquely. I'm sorry they weren't entertaining enough for you.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #43 (permalink)

I've been selling on eBay for many years (my personal account has over 500 feedback) and have also sold for my mom's business (her account has over 6000 feedback) and with both accounts I have had major problems with asshole buyers.

Be it from charging back saying you never got your shit (even when we, as sellers, have the delivery confirmation proof that you DID get it) and paypal will STILL sometimes give the buyer their money back. This will be AFTER the buyer sending you an email telling you they got their item and how happy they are with it, and leaving you positive feedback.

There are ALWAYS assholes out there trying to ruin it for everyone else. A lot of shithead buyers look at it as a great way to get something for free. They don't have to have an in-person confrontation with the seller, so why not TRY to get their money back?

If they take away the sellers rights to leave negative feedback for shithead buyers, they're screwing the sellers.

What about all the buyers who bid on things and never pay? You can't leave them negative feedback now?! Sure, you can report them to eBay, but they have to have 3 non-paying-bidder reports filed against them before eBay will do ANYTHING about it.

Basically, it's all about screwing the sellers right now. Sellers are also going to protest the raising of the final value fees. Not only do you get charged for listing your item, you're now having to pay too close to 10% of the final value as a fee to eBay.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:07 PM   #44 (permalink)

door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Regarding Andy Rooney, Larry King, et al: Whenever I hear one of these old guys like Andy Rooney, I always like to search out a bio to find out what they've done to get them where they are. People like Fred Rogers, Tom Poston, and Bobby Ash ("The Uncle Bobby Show") have impressed me with their resumes when I've done a little research.
Thinking about Rooney, I did a quick check on Wikipedia, and found the following:

"According to CBS News's biography of him, "Rooney wrote his first television essay, a longer-length precursor of the type he does on 60 Minutes, in 1964, “An Essay on Doors.” From 1962 to 1968, he collaborated with the late CBS News Correspondent Harry Reasoner —Rooney writing and producing, Reasoner narrating — on such notable CBS News specials as “An Essay on Bridges” (1965), “An Essay on Hotels” (1966), “An Essay on Women” (1967), and “The Strange Case of the English Language” (1968). “An Essay on War” (1971) won Rooney his third Writers Guild Award. In 1968, he wrote two CBS News specials in the series “Of Black America,” and his script for “Black History: Lost, Stolen, or Strayed” won him his first Emmy." "

So he started with an essay on doors, branching off into such fascinating topics as bridges, hotels, women and the English language, then writing a couple of specials on the "black" problem. Conclusion: Rooney was always boring.
so i guess he opened the door for himself ???
Old 02-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren View Post
(Blowing into the breathaliser) "And that just reset my highscore."

Had me cracking up for the longest time today. Maximum lulz.
lolocaust?!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #46 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Cool

If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives?

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreal fucking high on drugs.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:52 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabMonkey View Post
I've seen Tool 3 times and have never been disappointed. Well worth the money every time. Their shows are not about the band it is about the music, hence the seemingly mellow musicians. They are just not a band you go to see the stage antics, you go to hear the music played live and often uniquely. I'm sorry they weren't entertaining enough for you.
All I'm saying is that if you are going to write songs that are destructive as theirs are (ie. wiping LA off the face of the earth etc.), then you would think that they would be a least a little energetic. It seems like a slap in the face. I saw them at a festival, and with that type of crowd (outdoors 20,000+ strong) you should at least make an effort to be entertaining. I don't think all tool fan's are pretentious, but you have to admit they certainly have their fair share!

I saw A Perfect Circle also and they were great (same lead singer).
Old 02-14-2008, 12:28 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
with that type of crowd (outdoors 20,000+ strong) you should at least make an effort to be entertaining
Isn't the music entertaining enough? I agree that they don't "do" much on stage but I don't go there to watch them inflate their egos with synchronized head banging and running from either side of the stage with pyro shooting from their guitars. They're just not that type of band. If the band played music in the basic Verse, Chorus, Verse, Bridge, Chorus song in 4/4 timing structure then they might be able to move around a bit more. But some of their songs jump from 7/8 to 12/8 in the one song - that requires a lot of concentration to get it sounding right.

I think if a song conveys the message as clearly as Aenema does, why should they do some interpretive dance moves to try and further the message? Maybe some stage props like CarrotTop would help; a toilet, a plunger and some life guards teaching the crowd how to swim.

Stinkfist is about anal penetration... glad there are no moves for that.

And there are DEFINITELY heaps of Tool fans with too much time on their hands reading into every song too much but heaps of band have the same pretentious, holier than thou fans.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:36 AM   #49 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Except Poison fans. We're just lookin' for a good time.
Old 02-14-2008, 04:20 AM   #50 (permalink)

what about the "Prison Sex" lyrics?
"shit, blood, and cum on my hands"

i've been to 2 Tool shows, worth every penny!!

if you want to listen to a cool and rare live song, check out "Pushit" from the Salival cd. great fucking song!!!!!