Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
While you two still bring the funnies, you are the type of ignorant people who shouldn't be allowed to vote in America.
Is there anyone else we should disenfranchise and not allow to vote?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco_Diablo View Post
Is there anyone else we should disenfranchise and not allow to vote?
Maybe the women? Or maybe each African American voter should only count as 3/5ths!!! It's freaking genius. Oh, I got it, let's have a poll tax so that those who aren't able to pay it can't vote.

Hey sajizzle, the 1850's called, they want their ignorant, backwards ways back.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
Keith and Chemda are the one's who have repeatedly said some people shouldn't be allowed to vote due to ignorance. I just meant to point out that they seem to fall in that category, too.
How about the next group of people we not let vote are the ones who don't think for themselves?
Old 02-14-2008, 03:35 PM   #64 (permalink)

Both sides of this argument are legit and the fact that you're passionate about it speaks to your social/political awareness. Unfortunately, isn't the debate moot? Ideally, of course we want only educated votes to be cast, but there's no fair or economic way to determine that. Part of the anonymous/private voting process is not to descriminate votes (initially not to be persecuted for your views) but it will unfortunately protect the ignorant, and there WILL be someone out there to defend the right of the ignorant.

Should votes be privelages rather than rights of citizens, like driving? You have to show certain competency before voting? It might sound like a decent idea but its not practical.

Ultimately apathy is the only control we have. People who don't care that much won't vote and certainly won't go looking to be informed. Those who do care but don't vote have the right to spoil their ballet or not vote. The debate here is about those who care enough to vote, but not enough to be educated. Then you start debating how educated do you have to be blah blah.

I think Keith wants to see these people on 'Moment of Truth'.

They'll admit to having an affair but won't answer if they really think their vote should count.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:53 PM   #65 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
No, I think he meant they were literally dreadfully sorry. To be literally sorry and dreadfully sorry makes less sense than being literally dreadfully sorry. Which isn't wrong (he's literally full of dread that anyone can lose their job for saying something innocuous and he's probably sorry about that), it's just that two adverbs back to back almost always sounds horribly awkwardly bad.
Uh, yeah, I don't feel like dissecting this right now. It's confusing me more and I'm an English major, haha.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofomac View Post
This was by far the funniest show I've listened to in a long time....
jeez...what show were you listening to? That guy was about as funny as dick cancer and twice as annoying. Irish Robin Williams, indeed.

K + C were great as always.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:07 PM   #67 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
agreed farnon was great.
yup.. bring this dude back foshiz. Very funny and up on politics it seemed.