Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
Blitzgal and Idyminerva you are in the minority.

And all my female friends. I guess it just depends what crowd you hang with. There are more chicks playing video games than you guys think.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

I would love to have a console, but the GF would have nothing of it. I have to admit though I have serious gaming addiction and I would waste my life staring at the tv... I know this about myself.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanknapper View Post
The bible quotes frighten me because these people actually believe their nonsense and are discouraged from asking questions. 'Just accept what you're told and don't think about it or you're evil.' These people vote (which explains why we got G W Bush a second time) and their vote matters just as much as mine. Maybe more because they're the ones counting.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Wanna get on a show for some press try Bridezilla I'm sure you guys can pull it off
Old 02-21-2008, 12:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I can't be the only girl here who can easily sit and spend six hours playing a video game. And not Barbie shit, either. I play all the same stuff you dudes are playing -- Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, etc.
You're not, and I'm sure a lot of girls have said so already.

I got a DS for Valentine's and I'm addicted. I don't play the super boyish games, like my older brother Madden and sports and stuff, but I don't play feminine ones either.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

DS seems so girly. What's with all the "pet" related games? (I'm teasing you. Mostly.) I have a PSP. Loading time is shit but there are a lot of games available.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Video games are the new books. The internet is now the 'Library'. Books come in handy when the power is out...for heat and reading...

Keith is following the Master Chiefs story right now... wait until you 'read' part 2 and part 3! Mindblowing!

Bioshock is a great example of a great story being made into a video game. Jumping into the narrative of a game isn't THAT different from a great book. I always wanted Steven Kings 'Dark Tower' series to be made into a huge game...
Old 02-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

just started listening to this episode but wanted to comment that me and my wife play video games. shes not a geek either, and shes pretty =)
heres the trick: i started her with diablo, moved on to city of heroes, then guild wars, now we play wow. we play ds together sometimes too. she likes sci-fi and fantasy movies so that worked. your mileage may vary. you might have to get your gf addicted to sims online or some other girly game.

re: libraries - i spent a great amount of time of my youth at the libraries around town. here in hawaii, funding has been cut so badly that i think the libraries are only open limited hours, like 9am-3pm open only on monday, wednesday, and friday =(
books will always be better then the best digital readers imo, even tho some of the new digital paper readers are supposed to be pretty nice.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

NYPL libraries regularly have community activies. The library near where I grew up used to show (probably still does) movies in their basement during the summer. I remember seeing To Kill a Mockingbird and The Blob.

For me, the library never had the stigma that Chemda mentioned. Going to the library was a daily thing during the summer when I was in junior high. It was the best place to meet up with the kids in the neighborhood. We didn't spend the entire day in the library, we would usually go to the arcade or the park afterwards. But I remember making multiple stops at the library. Whether it was to play board games, use the internet (to look up pictures of x-men) or just to cool off, I would read while in there.

Also, the restaurant saying that they will make an agreed upon donation to charity instead of paying the disgruntled customer directly is fucking genius. They just took away any motivation for a frivolous lawsuit without getting into an argument with the customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenos View Post
I'm waiting for the day when we get flat panel screens that are cheap enough to carry around with us, and we just download all the books we want and read off of that.
Forget flat panels. ePaper, it's coming.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

thats weird... my post count is back to 1...