Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-28-2008, 01:35 PM   #51 (permalink)

library stuff

FYI, librarians do NOT put away books. That job goes to "pages" or other low paid workers. Librarians are actually quite smart people. They have to know everything a student may ask.

I worked in a library for 6 years, and the rest was bang on. During the day it's basically a place for homeless people to go poop.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
I don't think whether or not a species sleeps is determining its evolutional superiority. We have to sleep because of the complexity of our brains and our higher brain functions. For instance, sharks don't have to sleep, not only that if they did sleep they would drown since they have no swim bladder and are not naturally boyant. Basically they sink if they are not moving and they deprive the water immediately around them of oxygen, which would cause them to suffecate to death. That doesn't make them more highly evolved.
Sharks are one the most evolved animals in the world. They have had hundred of millions of years to do so. They have survived the greatest extinctions of all time including the one that destroyed the dinosaurs and the ones previous that were even worse. They have almost no instances of cancer, sensory abilities that make dolphins pale in comparison, replaceable teeth and etc.. I think it is safe to say they are an incredibly evolved animal.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #53 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenta View Post
I think it is safe to say they are an incredibly evolved animal...
...that you can scare away by punching in the nose or gills.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
hey, my letter gets read on this show. neat.
Also, my full name so now I can't deny that I worked at the library and hated it, in case I ever should need to. Ohs wells.
Yeah, and I can't deny I'm an idiot. I think you got off easy as far as full name disclosure goes. I've never been so happy to have such a generic name.

Quote:
Any chance you can call in? Maybe on a friday live show?
I actually thought about doing that last Friday, but I fell asleep at like 10:30. I'd like to claim emotional fatigue or something, but I think I'm in a deep enough hole. But the whole thing is over now. I'd imagine I'd make for a worse caller than most that we've had to endure over the course of this show. And I wouldn't even have the excuse of being drunk.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:18 PM   #55 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddM View Post
I actually thought about doing that last Friday, but I fell asleep at like 10:30. I'd like to claim emotional fatigue or something, but I think I'm in a deep enough hole. But the whole thing is over now. I'd imagine I'd make for a worse caller than most that we've had to endure over the course of this show. And I wouldn't even have the excuse of being drunk.
I say have a few beers to calm your nerves and call in tomorrow.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #56 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
I say have a few beers to calm your nerves and call in tomorrow.
That might mean more to him if you were some sort of call-in scout for the show.

You really want to hear them repeat the things they told him two weeks in a row again tomorrow? Doesn't Dina deserve better than that?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
...that you can scare away by punching in the nose or gills.
If you haven't lost your hand or foot before doing so...that is. I'm not sure humanity will have even close to the amount time sharks have had to evolve. We have only been around a couple million years and we've almost sunk the ship already.