Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbearandy View Post
I subscribe to a few shows that I pay about a dollar per show for, which in their case is really worth it. If it's a good show it is. I couldn't live without KATG so why not pay, say $5 per month or something.
How did you just lose me $15?

Quote:
Things like this creates bad will and irritation.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
There is a working system for payed podcasts.

I subscribe to a few shows that I pay about a dollar per show for, which in their case is really worth it. If it's a good show it is. I couldn't live without KATG so why not pay, say $5 per month or something. Well worth it, and a steady income for our loved hosts...! I think most of us would find that OK.
You'd really rather pay yourself than have some giant and/or foreign company pay for you? I think McNally needs to be on the show more, apparently his message isn't getting though.

Quote:
Just a suggestion.
Oh. As long as it isn't a directive. Never mind then.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

you guys mentioned watching stuff on the computer and transferring it to tv, i have this thing made by mvix usa to watch videos that i have downloaded on my tv. its basically an external hard drive with usb, wireless, rca/hdmi connectors on the back. so basically i connect it to my pc via usb, transfer over video, connect it to my tv.
i know you guys got tivo, but i dont and this is awesome. its kind of expensive tho. $150-$300, but i can carry it to a friends house and watch stuff there.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
you guys mentioned watching stuff on the computer and transferring it to tv, i have this thing made by mvix usa to watch videos that i have downloaded on my tv. its basically an external hard drive with usb, wireless, rca/hdmi connectors on the back. so basically i connect it to my pc via usb, transfer over video, connect it to my tv.
i know you guys got tivo, but i dont and this is awesome. its kind of expensive tho. $150-$300, but i can carry it to a friends house and watch stuff there.

I usually put it on my i-pod and then hook it up to my tv. But I believe the new HD flat-screens are more user friendly, like with my Xbox 360 I can hook my computor up to my tv via through it but I never have.

Last edited by Russell McBean; 02-26-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
A cheaper, more on the fly method is to get a Divx compatible DVD player. I've got two, a Philips DVP-642 and another no-name brand one, each of which cost less than $100. They will play just about anything except RealPlayer or QuickTime, and if anything worthwhile is still published in those archaic formats, I can convert them to Divx on my PC using Super Video Converter (Windows) or Avidemux (Linux). With avi compression, you can fit about 10 hours of video on a blank DVD. With stuff like this, I agree in principle with McNally...cheaper is better.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM   #16 (permalink)

Oklahoma Show

I am wondering how to go about getting Keith and the Girl to come to Oklahoma for a live show. I was thinking about Oklahoma City. If anyone has any ideas be sure and forward them.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golmon View Post
I am wondering how to go about getting Keith and the Girl to come to Oklahoma for a live show. I was thinking about Oklahoma City. If anyone has any ideas be sure and forward them.
Fuuuuuuuuuck yoooooouuuuuuu! And welcome to the forums.

There is a fan meetup in Tulsa on March 7th.

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...ead.php?t=9351
Old 02-26-2008, 03:21 PM   #18 (permalink)

Tilda Swinton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilda_Swinton
She bones some artist type with the full consent of her not husband/baby's daddy.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedophiliaplus View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilda_Swinton
She bones some artist type with the full consent of her not husband/baby's daddy.
She was also really surprised to win the Oscar. So maybe she isn't as smart as Spooky says. At the very least, he's smarter for not being surprised.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golmon View Post
I bet if you offered them a babillion dollars they would do it. Babillion dollars paid in advance of course.