Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

685: Fall from Grace

"Some of these adults have mentioned things to me that I feel obligated to address, for if they are true as they were described to me, I have lost a son."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

wow - I am only 50 minutes in but I had to comment. As a parent I feel so sad for Keith - it hurts me to think that a parent can treat their child this way.

As a fan of the show, I want to kick your dad's ass for treating you this way.

As a child of a Dad who treated me in a very similar way, I want to take you out for a bud ice and rip our dads apart.

As a human being, I want to scream at the injustice of that letter.

And as a person who is a combo of all those things -- I want to say something to make it all better for you and Chemda too. And I dont know what that is right now.

wow oh wow.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm just getting into this and I'm hearing the toothbrush/toothpaste conversation.

I switched toothbrushes from a colgate that's got a fat handle that doesn't fit in my toothbrush holder to something else that does fit. It's more expensive but has that blue indicator thing. Anyway since then my gums have been receeding and I've been putting on more toothpaste because the head is shaped differently. I asked around and the consensus was that brushing without toothpaste is better for your teeth; the erosion of teeth and gums comes from the toothPASTE more bless you than the toothBRUSH. The analogy being how you scrubbing a pot without and with a chemical cleaner.

Today I'm tossing the the skinny toothbrush and bringing back the curvy old one. Hope my teeth go back light a frightened turtle and balance is restored in the world.

Sorry, the bless you was because someone sneezed as I was typing.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

ummm

every time bro low is on... i am so annoyed... maybe fool can sing... but his voice is grating... and he is so borrrrring.... yall should muzzel him when the adults are speaking
Old 03-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayofthehippo View Post
every time bro low is on... i am so annoyed... maybe fool can sing... but his voice is grating... and he is so borrrrring.... yall should muzzel him when the adults are speaking
Hi pot, I heard you were commenting on the colour of my associate, Mr. Kettle. I'm here to serve you with a cease and desist order.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

-hippo

January, really? have you even listened to 50 shows?
Fuck you, Bro-lo rocks.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStilwell View Post
-hippo

January, really? have you even listened to 50 shows?
Fuck you, Bro-lo rocks.
Verily, this man speaketh the truth. Brolo rocks forsooth.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Wow to Keith's dad.

I have a sneaky feeling that if Keith were to sit down and have an adult conversation about things, and if Keith started getting somewhere and his dad sensed it, his dad would start push the conversation in another direction, in particular, make it about religion. If the father (dad, not religious father) Malley can actually have a conversation with his son that doesn't tie in the father's faith, I would be surprised.

Mr. Malley should know by now that if Keith isn't religious, then making religious arguments are in vain. If Keith has chosen not to believe what his father believes, he needs to (at the very least) treat Keith like a stranger who doesn't share father Malley's beliefs. If I met father Malley (I'm not Christian) would he talk to me in such a manner? Why should he speak to his son (whom he should cherish) in such a way? He might feel responsibility for Keith and failing to "bring" faith into his life. Unfortunately, when things don't turn out that way he's actually convinced he's capable of changing Keith's life. He doesn't realize (rather, doesn't listen when told) that the person Keith has become was partly molded from what how his father acts and continuing to do so cannot rectify the relationship.

I am in no way giving advice to Keith. I haven't read his autobiography, haven't met the man or talked to him enough to know what his life is like. I know that if Keith completely avoided talking about his father or family on the show, father Malley would still be harping on Keith about religion. If Keith tried to discuss religion, father Malley will likely state superiority and find reason to ignore anything and everything Keith could say.

No logical, constructive, or fair conversation can occur until each sees the other on common ground. Either have a discussion about family separate from faith, or have a conversation exclusively of faith from the viewpoint that father Malley is no longer responsible for his son's beliefs. Keith is an open man and I know if asked, he could at least try this. Unfortunately, I don't think father Malley will be so willing unless some party that father Malley sees as an authority tells him to. I don't think the Pope's available this weekend to do family conflict time, but there's someone else father Malley would actually listen to to mediate, it might work. Compromise (not necessarily agreeing) might be the best that comes out of it.

I don't know why I felt the need to write so much, but I did. Hopefully it's coherant.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

I don't think Father Malley is capable of compromise. It seems he would only be happy if Keith follows his way. One of the things about growing up is realising how flawed adults can be, and that can include your parents.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Would Dina move out of her condo to NYC or would McNally go up to Albany?