Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

When Keith was reading his father's letter I imagined a 'Leave it to Beaver' type of father and son talk.

Son, I know what you did. Why don't you just tell me now so we can get passed it? Tell me what it was, son.
I drink too much?
No.
I advocated that a person commit suicide?
No, be serious.
I routinely masturbated at work for years?
No.
I shit in a milkshake?
What? No, that's not it.
I shit in a drawer.
No.
I shit on a couch.
No.
I shit in a freezer.
… no.
I have a butt plug.
<stareface>
[two hours pass]
I smoked crack with the prostitute with whom I just finished having sex?
I desecrated your church by having sex with a Jew on the alter?
Dad, you're going to have to give me a hint because the rest of the stuff is much more embarrassing.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

I always love shows with multiple guests. They are even better when somethings happening. Oh Canada was a great show, and this one reminds me of it.

Yo Hippo,
Spooks has his moments, and Brolo speaks his mind, but both of them are ayces on the show. Down with haters.

ryanknapper, well written, I too went over all scenarios in my head.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Maybe I missed but I'm assuming the place was full of college students etc? Would Doug Stanhope's bit This Generation Sucks apply here that

"were going to be the first generation of elderly people complianing...look at these kids today these half-faggots we used to do crank off of titty dancers...these pussy's they drink a red bull for some pep...the closest they come to a fist fight is on a message board somewhere...".

Obviously something is fucked if the last bastion of fun, jello wrestling, has failed us
Old 03-11-2008, 01:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Ok, this is great. It seems that Keith's dad simply found an excuse to chastise him for going against the religion he was raised in.

Satan's talons??? LOL
Old 03-11-2008, 01:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanknapper View Post
I smoked crack with the prostitute with whom I just finished having sex?
Didn't the crack-whore decline his advances?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)

Don't know... I like it...
Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayofthehippo View Post
every time bro low is on... i am so annoyed... maybe fool can sing... but his voice is grating... and he is so borrrrring.... yall should muzzel him when the adults are speaking
I used to agree. But I quickly came to realize how wrong I was. Hopefully you'll get there too.

Although he could listen better. The news story at the end wasn't from Oakland, it was from Pittsburgh. Of course, no one else seemed to notice either.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The High Road

If I may presume to offer a little advice to Keith regarding his Father:

Take the high road. Keep the lines of communication open. Be ready to forgive your father when (if?) he comes around. You will probably be unable to move him off of this position, and only cause yourself anguish if you try.

It sounds like your mom, being the rational one, might just be along for the ride with her husband. I doubt she will be able to maintain the hard line like your father. Keeping the lines of communication open through her will be a potential avenue of conciliation when he comes around.

I'm sorry that your father's mental illness has hurt you again. I rather expect you're used to it by now.

Jon
Old 03-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

One thing that Chemda brought up (Jon reminded me of) was the mother involvement. I'm assuming Keith can still talk to her and stuff, this whole disowning thing obviously isn't her idea. Totally awkward if he sees his mom but obviously not see his dad.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I've been wondering who could this "person related to someone I know" be... Didn't you guys tell a few people at the reunion about the show? I was wondering if maybe one of them finally got around to listening to the show, and either as a fuck you told one of their parents (I'm thinking about the people that Father Malley would actually talk to) knowing the word would get passed along, or if it was a look at how much more screwed up this family is aren't we great kinda situation. Either way, I have a feeling that the rat might be traceable to the high school reunion. It's not like you spoke of them so highly that they would feel some loyalty to you.

On another note, the whole marrying for a green card, sounds easy but it's a loooong process. I had two friends (One from Jamaica, the other from El Salvador) both go thru the whole get married and get green card process (one of them for love the other for green card) and it's a looooong process. You get married, put in a request for the green card process and wait. Once you finally get into rotation for interviews (that takes a year or two) they come to your house, and they do ask you ridiculous questions about the other person (i.e. toothbrush color, etc) and you also have to bring family and vacation pictures with you. And EVEN THEN you are still in rotation for approval... so, yeah.... not so easy....

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.