Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

I have to say that I believe everyone gets bullied. Hell, a lot of the time (in my experience) bullies are kids that were bullied at some other point in their life. That said, once things turn physical, the only solution is violence. It's the whole blood in the water situation. If you take a beating and do nothing, why would they stop? You just became a way for them to impress their buddies.

When I was in Middle School, I missed half of the 6th Grade for fear of bullies. (I know, not very macho, huh?) I faked being sick for so long I wound up getting an Upper GI (SP?) and one doctor even thought I might have Appendicitis. There's was nothing wrong with me, though, and as the tests continued, I eventually just gave up playing sick.

In 7th Grade, the bullying started up again. I took some of the tamer shit like getting my arm twisted behind my back until I claimed I liked some ugly girl. Then it elevated, and I started losing my lunch money. Finally, about half-way through the year, I got into a fight in Science class after a kid named Cornell taunted me for several weeks. He made the "Gun Sign" with his fingers, put it to my temple, and acted like he just shot me. I don't know why that set me off, but it did. I got up from my desk and pushed him, he got up and threw a punch. This was my first fight, so I honestly fought a lot of it with my eyes closed. I also didn't win the fight. By the time it was over, I was on my stomach, my front tooth was chipped, and I had a black eye. I did, however, manage to give him a bloody nose and a gash on the side of his head (probably from hitting the corner of a desk.) That was it, I never got bullied again.

The point of my long-winded story, you don't have to win, you just have to fight. A Bully will go after the weak kid, if they have to get hurt just to fuck with you, it won't be worth the effort.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 08:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...ead.php?t=9722
Old 03-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Not to change the subject or anything, but...

Congrads to Jesse for being in love! The beginning of relationships always make me giddy too!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Joyce - for being a grammar nazi... "Chronological" liar?

REALLY?

I mean, REALLY REALLY?
Old 03-28-2008, 12:57 AM   #25 (permalink)

New Keith and The Girl Product:

A SPOOKY FLOW CHART POSTER for your bedroom wall.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #26 (permalink)

Cool

Jesse Joyce rocks cant wait till next time.
Old 03-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

I wanted to chime in about bullying. There were some bullies when I was in second or third grade (some 25 years ago - i am now 35). The bullies used to play a game called dibs. Basically, the first person to call dibs on you in the morning got something out of your lunch that day. I got called on dibs one time, and was one of the only ones to fight back. When the guy came to collect his dibs that day, I pushed him back and he came at me (as I remember it). We basically had a fight during lunch and we both got suspended (even though I was only defending my food). It never happened to me again, but the dibs game continued in the class against other weaker kids who didn't fight back. I remember thinking that it sucked, but I was glad it wasn't me. I left the school a year or so later and went into a catholic middle school - where there was much less bullying (if any at all).
Old 03-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydrall75 View Post
Jesse Joyce rocks cant wait till next time.
My favorite episodes are w Jesse Joyce
Old 03-28-2008, 09:28 PM   #29 (permalink)

The bit reading the story about the sex offender was pretty funny. I had to roll my eyes a bit at the end when the audio of the newscast was a local station. Kansas can't be too proud to get two stories on KATG in a week (that one and the bitch who sat on the shitter so long she got stuck). In our defence, both of those stories were tiny towns outside of Wichita 100 or more miles away. Were not all rednecks, we are just to closest media market to a lot of sad rednecks
Old 03-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom93 View Post
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12863758085
I can't find the "Everybody Hates Billy Wolfe" group, but this is the hippy counter-group, "Everybody Loves Billy Wolfe."
Facebook probably took it down... Too right too...