Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisabi View Post
Hey KATG world,

I was just listening to the podcast and had to pause and join the forum to comisserate a bit. I am from New Jersey and have been down here in Alabama for the past 5 years I fully expecting the southern charm and hospitality that we yankees are always told about. It is all a f'ing myth. The only reason people are nice down here and act like they want to get to know you is so they can talk shiite about you. I always though gossip wan more the forte of the farer sex, but men down here don't have shit else to do and are whores for gossip. The only thing that surpases all of this is the blateny hypocrely. Go to church on Sunday and proclame JC as your lord and saver, the rest of the week whore around, drink, and have illegitabate children. These people love to tell me how I'm going to hell, desipite my saintly ways (add keiths little sniker). F'ing bull shit. I thout growing up in jersey everyone was was just jaded and cynical, but it turns out they are just being true and honest.

Peace
Ditto that. I'm originally from NH and my wife's from MT. We've lived down here in AL for about 4 years now and couldn't agree more. Southern hospitality is a myth. Every time we travel north we're blown away by how much nicer people are. If only global warming would speed up we could move back to civilization.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Scagnetti View Post
Hearing about how BroLo's cat shit on his bed reminded me of a dog we used to have. This fuckin' beagle was so neurotic that it would climb up on my and my wife's bed and piss on her pillow if she felt neglected. She knew better than to piss on my side. Needless to say, we eventually had to get rid of her. She got weirder and weirder the longer we had her.

My grandma had a cat that pissed on her pillow; shit too I think like some kind of combo. My grandma bitched about her pillow smelling, so my granddad took his four kids (my dad and his three sisters) out for a car drive with the cat, and then, on some highway that wasn't busy at the time, took the cat and threw him out the window.

Damn sometimes I wish I got to meet my grand-dad ROFL.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:46 PM   #23 (permalink)

Chicken fried steak is cube steak battered up like fried chicken and fried in a pan. Cube steak is pretty tough and nasty to eat. Cooking it this way is about the only good way to prepare it. I think calling their chicken strips Chicken Fried Chicken is just their way of having some good old country fun.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:05 AM   #24 (permalink)

We went down to Virginia for a vacation once and went to a very rural area and had the luck of visiting a good ol' country fair. It was hilarious! This man was selling knives and confederate flag bikinis and kept hollering at us to come in and show those goddamned yankees who's boss. He kept hollering stuff about how they won the war and all kinds of crazy rants. Then we went to see the big motorcross show which consisted of one guy riding a motorcycle around a little roped off course and he climbed up and down the trailer he hauled his bike in. The best part was the family sitting next to us who the only member of the family who had a pair of shoes on was dad. I could not even imagine walking around a fairground with no shoes on! The poor kids had hardly any teeth and the conversations I overheard were amazing. When we would go to the store for anything it turned into a 10 minute where y'all from, what y'all doing in these parts. One women went on to tell me all about her family and god bless her heart said things you probably should not tell a stranger!! I thought I was bad living in my small town! There was a little vineyard nearby so we checked it out to find the woman behind the counter was totally blitzed! I think I'm going to retire there!

"It's never too late to become the
person you might have been."
- George Elliot
Old 04-06-2008, 01:59 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnightmare View Post
My grandma had a cat that pissed on her pillow; shit too I think like some kind of combo.
I had a cat that once shat in the middle of the bed. I rubbed the cats face in it. It never shat there again.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

Okay, so I was a couple days behind, but I almost shit myself when that KC dance club was mentioned. It's less than a mile from my house! Why in the HELL would a New Yorker end up at that dump of a place? I mean, I'm sure there are tons of titty bars between here and there. Talk about a shit hole. WTF?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Scagnetti View Post
Hearing about how BroLo's cat shit on his bed reminded me of a dog we used to have. This fuckin' beagle was so neurotic that it would climb up on my and my wife's bed and piss on her pillow if she felt neglected. She knew better than to piss on my side. Needless to say, we eventually had to get rid of her. She got weirder and weirder the longer we had her.

A friend of mine has a cat that poops on the roof. Her husband has to go out once a week and hose off the roof to keep the turds from staining the shake roof. Weird.

Last edited by OSLIN; 04-16-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jisabi View Post
Hey KATG world,

I was just listening to the podcast and had to pause and join the forum to comisserate a bit. I am from New Jersey and have been down here in Alabama for the past 5 years I fully expecting the southern charm and hospitality that we yankees are always told about. It is all a f'ing myth. The only reason people are nice down here and act like they want to get to know you is so they can talk shiite about you. I always though gossip wan more the forte of the farer sex, but men down here don't have shit else to do and are whores for gossip. The only thing that surpases all of this is the blateny hypocrely. Go to church on Sunday and proclame JC as your lord and saver, the rest of the week whore around, drink, and have illegitabate children. These people love to tell me how I'm going to hell, desipite my saintly ways (add keiths little sniker). F'ing bull shit. I thout growing up in jersey everyone was was just jaded and cynical, but it turns out they are just being true and honest.

Peace

And the weird thing is...they ALL seem to go to church. Hmmm. When I made the observation that church must just be a social function for all these people I was treated like a pariah. Right, you are all SOOOOOO christian.

Lost a long term relationship because he wanted to stay in Nashville.