Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

708: Drama Queen

"Let me tell you all the secrets I know!"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

no way would mccain beat obama in a debate. McCain is a complete retard when it comes to politics and economy.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think Keith's call on Obama is dead-on. The media focus on him right now (as far as I can tell from across the pond) is a lot like Bush's was in 2000. I recall that it's generally accepted Bush didn't win on the strength of the debates. It was a folksy zeitgeist thing, coupled with the suggestion that any democrat elected would inevitably derelict his/her duties in favour of tasty blow jobs.

I don't think the "black vote" is so significant given that he's a democrat anyway, but he can land this one easy.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wow! The Spooky "Fuck" count is at an all time high.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
blu

I just listened to McNally talking about Vancouver compared to New York.

He makes it sound like it's a tinny city. Of course compared to New York I suppose it is.

But the comment of driving for 40 minutes in Vancouver and you end up in the sticks, simply isn't true.

just saying...
Old 04-12-2008, 07:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu View Post
But the comment of driving for 40 minutes in Vancouver and you end up in the sticks, simply isn't true.
What I'm thinking specifically are a few days last spring when I lived by 29th avenue station. I'd head to commercial drive, get a mocha, hop on the B-Line and head to UBC. Up in that vicinity, there are woods everywhere. It's not the same as real woods where a bear will eat you, but you can get really lost and see nothing but trees for a long time.

Another time I started at broadway and granville, walked across the granville bridge and up davie to English Bay, all the way around Stanley Park, across the Lion's Gate bridge, then hopped on a bus to Lonsdale Quay and took the sea bus back to the skytrain. It was a fucking beautiful walk. I haven't found anything like that in New York, and if I do it certainly won't be as accessible. Half of that trip is just walking through Vancouver proper.

So what I'm trying to say is don't fucking tell me about Vancouver. Let me tell you about Vancouver. Thank you.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
What I'm thinking specifically are a few days last spring when I lived by 29th avenue station. I'd head to commercial drive, get a mocha, hop on the B-Line and head to UBC. Up in that vicinity, there are woods everywhere. It's not the same as real woods where a bear will eat you, but you can get really lost and see nothing but trees for a long time.

Another time I started at broadway and granville, walked across the granville bridge and up davie to English Bay, all the way around Stanley Park, across the Lion's Gate bridge, then hopped on a bus to Lonsdale Quay and took the sea bus back to the skytrain. It was a fucking beautiful walk. I haven't found anything like that in New York, and if I do it certainly won't be as accessible. Half of that trip is just walking through Vancouver proper.

So what I'm trying to say is don't fucking tell me about Vancouver. Let me tell you about Vancouver. Thank you.
I lived there for 5 years. I always thought it wasn't that nice. Then I went to Seattle a couple of times and L.A. once. American cities are fuckin' disgusting dirty and I'd never want to live in any of them (I've been to some in the mid-West, too). Vancouver is absolutely beautiful.

Over 600,000 in Vancouver, and 2.2 million in the Lower Mainland. I'd go with 2.2 million when saying the population because New Yorkers would count all the boroughs and surrounding areas. Plus, anyone I know that talks about Vancouver includes PoCo, Coquitlam, Burnaby, New West, etc... Pretty much just suburbs of one big city.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

That's true, I should probably include the whole lower mainland. The only thing separating Vancouver from Burnaby is a street called "Boundary Street", for example. It was pretty funny when the Vancouver librarians went on strike. "Oh man, I've gotta go all the way to Burnaby? But that's 10 streets over!"

But even at 2 million, the whole area still doesn't come close to New York. Comparatively, it's midget-ville.

Last edited by McNally; 04-12-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
That's true, I should probably include the whole lower mainland. The only thing separating Vancouver from Burnaby is a street called "Boundary Street", for example. But even at 2 million, the whole area still doesn't come close to New York. Comparatively, it's midget-ville.
And I find it really weird that they're all queers. Great for making movies, though.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

There is A LOT of culture in most of the major cities in Canada. People should visit before making comments.