Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-12-2008, 08:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
What I'm thinking specifically are a few days last spring when I lived by 29th avenue station. I'd head to commercial drive, get a mocha, hop on the B-Line and head to UBC. Up in that vicinity, there are woods everywhere. It's not the same as real woods where a bear will eat you, but you can get really lost and see nothing but trees for a long time.

Another time I started at broadway and granville, walked across the granville bridge and up davie to English Bay, all the way around Stanley Park, across the Lion's Gate bridge, then hopped on a bus to Lonsdale Quay and took the sea bus back to the skytrain. It was a fucking beautiful walk. I haven't found anything like that in New York, and if I do it certainly won't be as accessible. Half of that trip is just walking through Vancouver proper.

So what I'm trying to say is don't fucking tell me about Vancouver. Let me tell you about Vancouver. Thank you.
I wasn't trying to start a confrontation...
I was just saying that it sounded like Vancouver was a little town in the middle of nowhere.
When I read about your walks I get what you mean about the forests.

that's all I was saying.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Don't sweat it. I only put swearing at the end of nice messages 'cause I think it's funny.

By the way, if anyone's interested, here's where you can download the podcast that was played at the end of the show.

http://logorrhea.libsyn.com/

Last edited by McNally; 04-12-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
Don't sweat it. I only put swearing at the end of nice messages 'cause I think it's funny.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

Chemda, post that picture of your tits.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu View Post
I just listened to McNally talking about Vancouver compared to New York.

He makes it sound like it's a tinny city. Of course compared to New York I suppose it is.

But the comment of driving for 40 minutes in Vancouver and you end up in the sticks, simply isn't true.

just saying...
Not sure how long you've been living here blu, but I can drive to any of the North Vancouver mountains in 20 minutes and Hike into the wilderness and have to be aware of Beers!
It's not uncommon for the beers to come down from the mountains and get into the city garbage. One had to be shot in last year or two because it was hanging around an elementary school near Metrotown.

I agree with McNally, It will only take you 30 minutes to drive to any club or bar Around the Vancouver, Burnaby, Newwest areas.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

I had a friend who would take day trips to the mountains to go snowboarding, while there was no snow at all in Vancouver itself. The place is practically fucking magical.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:07 AM   #17 (permalink)

I have a friend who is moving there from Miami in a couple months. She will be thrilled. I will tell her Keith McNally personally says it is magical.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
There is A LOT of culture in most of the major cities in Canada. People should visit before making comments.
my apologies. i assume youve been to NYC, and seen the cultures here, which is world renowned for its variety, and are comparing, saying that most major cities in canada are just as diverse, as that was meant as a comparison when it was said.

it is true, i havent been to MOST major cities in canada. where were you in NYC?
Old 04-13-2008, 01:53 AM   #19 (permalink)

I found the foreign cultures in Vancouver a lot more accommodating than in NYC. My experience is solely with restaurants, but they were glad to help you choose things or to explain what was on the menu. Sometimes the chinese restaurants were jerks, but even then rarely. The middle eastern restaurants in particular were amazing, that's my favorite food. But most places around here are very lacking in english menus and don't act at all happy to see me when I roll in the door.

The cultural diversity in NY doesn't seem integrated. It's in its own insulated pockets. I feel like I've lost cultural diversity by moving here.

Last edited by McNally; 04-13-2008 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:07 AM   #20 (permalink)

I've got to say that Mcnally is right on one count and wrong on another:

1.New York is a shithole full of assholes (yes, I lived there).

2. Just because it's crowded doesn't mean it has to be such a cesspool.

For example, NY has 8 million people in 10,500 km2 of space.
Tokyo has 12.5 million people in 5,800 km2 of space.
Hong Kong has 7 million in 6,000 km2.

And the streets are spotless, the trains run on time, are safe, well lit, CLEAN, traffic runs reasonably smoothly and people aren't in road rage. The cops will tell you directions and even GIVE YOU MONEY FOR THE TRAIN if you drank too much and lost your wallet. (which will of course be returned to you the next morning by whomever found it on the street)

New Yorkers, (and New York transplants like Spooky) shouldn't be too eager to extoll the greatness of their city without experiencing other cities first.

Spooky, just like you've now learned that the first girl you fuck maybe isn't the greatest one in the world--you should try some other cities before you get married to New York.
And, Keith you came from BFE. Any city with automatic gates at railroad crossings would have been a step up for you.

There are better places than NY. And more importantly, no reason NY has to be as shitty as it is.