Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-21-2008, 12:15 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josi View Post
I love depressing comic week! Cyanide and happiness rulz!

Orly???

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:30 AM   #32 (permalink)

I just about shit when i saw that for the first time, when i discovered that there were c & h movies! OMGZ! DUDZ!

orly? YES!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:00 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Orly???

hahaha, I'm hungry now.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #34 (permalink)

From the Star Ledger:

"With increasing regularity, Benedict has been reintroducing elaborate lace garments and monarchical regalia that have not been seen around Rome in decades, even cen turies. He has presided at mass using the wide cope (a cape so ample it is held up by two attendants) and high mitre of Pius IX, a 19th-century pope known for his dim views of the modern world, and on Ash Wednesday he wore a chasuble modeled on one worn by Paul V, a Borghese pope of the 17th century remembered for censuring Galileo.

On Good Friday he donned a "fiddleback" vestment dating to the Counter-Reformation era of the 16th century, and he has used a tall gilded papal throne not seen in years. And that's not to mention the ermine-trimmed red velvet mozzetta, a shoulder cape, or the matching camauro, a Santa Claus- like cap that art students will recognize from Renaissance portraiture."

In the 1960s, the Vatican under the old Pope ushered in reforms that scaled back on all the frivolity. Seems like Benedict wants to bring the pretty back. Oh well, at least his tailor will be well employed.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #35 (permalink)

Didn't one of the new sins have something to do with flaunting great wealth? Perhaps no one told the pope?
Old 04-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #36 (permalink)

Dear Patrice,
Do you know what your 'pushing down the stairs' thing did to me? I found out that a former friend (she fired me from being her bridesmaid) is pregnant or is trying to get pregnant. She and her husband of 5 months are in about $80,000 debt probably more, his buisness is failing, she's alienating all her friends, is trying to work and study, and he might already be cheating on her. When I was told about this I offered to push her down the stairs.
The rest of the people at the table looked at me like I'd said something horrible. Now its going to get back to the crazy pregnant lady and I'M going to look like the bad guy!
Old 04-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #37 (permalink)

That nerd who did the Pope thing is a British comedian called Adam Buxton. He has a radio show and you can find the past episodes here if anyone wants:
http://community.livejournal.com/adam_and_joe/

some good stuff, especially Song Wars
Old 04-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #38 (permalink)

Techs reply to Keith/Chemda/Patrice.

NYC trip was amazing. Took a week to put life back in order here and get this reply off to you.

You guys fuggin crack me up. Visiting the compound was a really HUGE treat for me, Rhi and FFC. Getting to see you guys do such a funny show was icing on the cake. I LOVE your house and studio - you have filled it with friends and much love. You should be proud of what you have built. A house is about people not furniture and house cleaning. Thank you for all the hospitality during such a crazy week.

K & C - you both have great ears and some serious skills in the studio. The shows sound great - you've worked on it daily for 3 years! It's all about streamlining the process and small tweaks from now on.

Yes, I know the wire stories and was nervous messing with Keiths 'sound' too much but not THAT much. Main issue was I showed up just 1 hour before you were to go on-air! I don't like messing with anybodies stuff 1 hour to show time! Give me a day or two and I'll tear it all down and re-build it - it's not THAT complicated. As it was, tweaking the compressor and upping the levels was as far as I wanted to go. Rumble filter / lo cut buttons are a small part of getting your sound cleaned up. Glad I could show you the solo trick for level setting too. I think the shows sounded a bit smoother/more balanced mic-to-mic wise.

[The sound forge problems of the week before is an example of tweaking gone wrong. Should have checked the backup files - DAMN!? Grrrr...]

And FYI I didn't ERASE anything I just toggled between two files - both versions were on your desktop. Sound forge lets you compare two versions instantly with one click. I could have COMPLETELY altered the way your show sounds - I don't think you wanted that. I didn't explain that well enough I guess. We didn't have much time...

and yes we did used to take pictures of mixers/stages/truck packs to recall the settings. But since we live in future now many mixers all re-call settings using digital memory etc. Diagrams help map the flow in complicated set-ups. Your rig at home is getting complicated enough to need diagrams.

Your kind words about my big fat mouth are appreciated. If there are tech probs I HAVE to fix it. Sorta like how a nurse can't pass by some one with a gushing head wound. And I have a stoopid memory for all kinds of stupid facts. It can be a curse.

Patrice - you are SO right! I DO have a way to do sound with hand gestures and facial expressions!! I often work with foreign language shows - French, English, Romanian, Hindi, deaf people etc - we work closely together doing a creative job - the gestures and thumbs up / down actually work OK when everyone knows their job.

And because I work daily with all levels of clients - beginners to superstars. House wives and top level engineers from Japan. Sometimes I'm talking to a tech about 20,000 person show live-to-air nationwide and the next minute we're setting up a local puppet show for 50 kids. I sometimes get called out for being condescending - I don't mean to offend but am sometimes so busy I get it wrong. <shrug>

I help cause I care. I am lucky enough to get to pick who I work with and you guys are tops on my list. Thank you for your trust. You guys rock my world everyday. Least I can do is help in my own little way.

Tech
Old 04-28-2008, 03:20 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBacon View Post
From the Star Ledger:

In the 1960s, the Vatican under the old Pope ushered in reforms that scaled back on all the frivolity. Seems like Benedict wants to bring the pretty back. Oh well, at least his tailor will be well employed.
I call it "vintage".
Old 04-29-2008, 02:48 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
"I can't explain to you, your honor, stand-up comedy."

See even andy agrees.. im not sure if thats good or not..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjFcutNgq54

He doesnt get it, but for the first time , he might be in the majority-