Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

Dear Dave,

Suck it! You don't speak for the listeners. I love the longer shows.

Hope this post doesn't take too much out of your day.

Grapist
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #12 (permalink)

Uh-oh, Jesse did a "Max."

Dammit! I really enjoyed his appearances too. But motherfuckers have got to know their place. I'm sure if he just apologizes, we can all go back to the way it was before his ego got out of control.

It's at 26:53 in case you missed it.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Suck it! You don't speak for the listeners. I love the longer shows.

Hope this post doesn't take too much out of your day.

Grapist
Dave just forgot to take his Adderall, and/or he forgot that ADD isnt the hot disorder to have this year, its played out. If he was truly up on his shit, he would be an aspie and have no problem.

Just to keep it all in perspective, I agree fuck dave, fuck his commute, and his shitty ploy for attention that takes me away from enjoying this long fucking show.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)

That randomly placed ad was.... random. Kinda sucked that it cut out some of the conversation.

Just sayin.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Show Length

Dave, yes, with the longer shows you have to make adjustments. If you're enjoying the show, listen on your commute, or while you work out. (You do work out, don't you?) If you're not enjoying the show, turn it off and try again tomorrow.

Kinda like sex, when you think about it.

I have to confess, I was Jones'n pretty bad last week with the fewer number of shows. But it gave me time to check out some other podcasts which didn't hold a candle to KATG.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #16 (permalink)

I love the longer shows -- I love the shorter shows. I love the show.

I am now spoiled by KATG and find it hard to listen to any other show now.

I want longer and longer shows -- I want to be entertained by KATG all day long but since that is impossible, whatever the show length is, it's all good.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by levendus View Post
Uh-oh, Jesse did a "Max."

Dammit! I really enjoyed his appearances too. But motherfuckers have got to know their place. I'm sure if he just apologizes, we can all go back to the way it was before his ego got out of control.

It's at 26:53 in case you missed it.
I had to go an listen again, if you take it out of context, it has Max all over it... but you are way off.

To say his ego is out of control is a huge fucking stretch and a little bit out of line, he is a guest with something to promote, Max was a literal and figurative clown just promoting his ability to hang on... and Im not saying there arent a few that fall under this umbrealla now (I believe there are), but Jesse Joyce isnt one of them.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:48 AM   #18 (permalink)

I'm with Dave!

I'm so with Dave on this.

I expect Keith and Chemda to tailor their shows to me. Their shows should last no longer than my commute, or break their shows up into two: one for my commute to work and one the way back. I mean without people like me to listen to the show, there would be no show.

Better yet, you guys should just call me and I can listen while I drive (hands free of course mhrmrmhmrmmhrmrmhrmrhmhrmhrmhrmhrmhmrhmhrmhrrrmhhr r) and I can just let you know when to stop. That would be easier for you. You guys are lucky I'm flexible like that.

The other plus side would be like I'm a guest every day, because you know sometimes I have an opinion about some of the things I say and I think the listeners would should know my opinion because I really am smarter than the average listener. And you guys can work around my schedule, I'll never have to miss another show.

I'd say think about it, but I know this idea is gold so instead of saying I look forward to your thoughts, I'll just say I look forward to your agreement.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Dave is going to have to kill himself when they do the 100-hour show.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

I started listening to the show April 2007 after seeing it listed on the front page of I-tunes. I listened to the current show and maybe two the two prior ones and was hooked.

I started listening to the old shows from show one and would switch to a new show whenever they would come out. I was all caught up by March 2008.

Before I started listening, I was a church going evangical Christian now I am a agnostic christian and I am sleeping late on Sundays.

Before I started listening, I was clean and sober for over 16 years. Now I am just clean, not sober. I started drinking again about two weeks after I listened to the show for the first time. Keith just makes drinking seem so appealing. smilie face

Before I started listening, I hated returning to my hometown of Glendale, Queens and going into NYC. I only saw the dirt and grime and crowds and cement. Now I am back in love with NYC and actually wish I were rich enough to live in the city (part time). I see the city for how cool it is and how much it has to offer. Chemda loves NYC more than Carrie Bradshaw and the way she talks about it, open my heart to it again.

I talk about Keith, Chemda and Patrice like they are my friends and add their stories and comments into my conversations. I say 'oy to the vey' and add by writing out SMILIE FACE and now I am trying to work in GOY into conversations and online discussions.

I guess that is what happens when you listen to 33 full days of shows. And I LOVE it.