Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #41 (permalink)

Location: in Diana's kitchen, buried under a mountain of scorn and blue sprinkles.
when out doing the honolulu tri there was a dude walking around with a tshirt that said "I don't do triathlons" on the front and on the back it said "I do triathletes"

/insert bevis laughter here

i hate when the spectators yell " GO BIG GUY! GO!"

Last edited by 1969; 08-06-2008 at 04:14 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile_E_Peyote View Post
Yeah, I agree. It doesn't sound like they were in the back of the bus, so some people probably had to go past it to get off. I don't understand how you could walk right past in that situation.

If I was near the front and didn't know what was going on I might just get off because everyone was freaking and getting off the bus. According to one of the write-ups I read, most people were sleeping. I would get off the bus pretty quick if I was woke up and cause people were scrambling to get off the bus.
There's a difference when you're in the moment. I think, if people were thinking and not running away, they could've disabled the perpetrator. I don't believe they would've saved the victim though. It depends on how quickly everything happened.

It's easy to discuss what you could've done after the fact. On a Greyhound bus, most people are tired and just want to go home. That's not a great excuse, but it is an excuse. A lot of people claim they could've taken the knife away from the guy, but I believe that the Bystander Effect occurs more often than not, especially when one person is screaming for everyone to get off the bus or move away from a situation.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 View Post
i hate when the spectators yell " GO BIG GUY! GO!"
Yeah, I always get that.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:22 PM   #44 (permalink)

I really enjoyed listening to Ironman Bobby. It's great to hear humility in people who are obviously strong, determined individuals.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:53 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
There's a difference when you're in the moment. I think, if people were thinking and not running away, they could've disabled the perpetrator. I don't believe they would've saved the victim though. It depends on how quickly everything happened.

It's easy to discuss what you could've done after the fact. On a Greyhound bus, most people are tired and just want to go home. That's not a great excuse, but it is an excuse. A lot of people claim they could've taken the knife away from the guy, but I believe that the Bystander Effect occurs more often than not, especially when one person is screaming for everyone to get off the bus or move away from a situation.
I think Keet plays too many video games. Real life is slightly different.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #46 (permalink)

I've been on a bus when a fight breaks out and trust me, the only thought in my head is "Get me the fuck out of here." There is no time to appraise. Someone else can be the hero, I'm gone!
Old 08-12-2008, 03:31 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Horse View Post
I think Keet plays too many video games. Real life is slightly different.
I completely agree. Keet speaks with bravado, but talk is cheap. Keith thinks he's all that, but he'll never really know until he's faced with a situation. I'll believe it when I see it. As for me, I know I shy away from even verbal arguments, much less crazies killing people. I doubt I'll be the one to fight with this guy and wrestle his knife away from him.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #48 (permalink)

Location: Reston, VA also can be found in my cubical, because really thats where i live
keith backed up his claims of jumping in if something happens when the fight broke out on the cruise, the KATG fan base jumped right in keith included. now there is a difference between someone you know and a total stranger but still keith was right there.

i was not at the show so i dont know what i would have done, i like to think i would have jumped in as well.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:46 PM   #49 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I've been in quite a few physical fights on the side of righteousness that initially didn't involve me. Everyone's not a pussy because you are. And that's fine. Your dad's sperm didn't catch right. But for an entire BUS to puss out... that amazes me.

And one more thing. Do yourself a favor and, within this calendar year, stand up for yourself in person to somebody. I'm not being an asshole; you'll really like yourself and become a better person.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman Bobby View Post
keith backed up his claims of jumping in if something happens when the fight broke out on the cruise, the KATG fan base jumped right in keith included. now there is a difference between someone you know and a total stranger but still keith was right there.

i was not at the show so i dont know what i would have done, i like to think i would have jumped in as well.
Sounds like the cruise was really eventful. Can't wait to hear all aboot it.
And I too would like to think i would jump in to fight for the oppressed, but hey, until it happens, I'm not able to claim for sure.

Last edited by phoenixx; 08-12-2008 at 04:32 PM.