Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 11-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
Am I the only one on Coconut's side? I mean Who the fuck made you people judges of the universe?
Not of the universe, just this one pedophile.

Quote:
I think this episode is the only one where Keith, Chemda and Jesse got on my nerves. Who the fuck made these guys the Judge, Jury and Executioners?
Really, the only one? I understand what you are saying, I just listened to them spend several minutes judging Russel Whoever (the english comedian) on his lack of comedic talent for the billionth time. But that is the show, they talk about people and events and judge them. I don't think they have actually executed anyone yet, but there is Keith's justice so maybe some day.

Quote:
I don't condone what he did or didn't do, but Jesus Christ, leave the guy alone.
He brought this upon himself. They didn't dig in to an old show, he wanted some attention and got it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 04:53 AM   #102 (permalink)

Thumbs down

dog shit show imho
Old 11-08-2008, 07:54 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
Neopets made an avatar with my name in it, so I use it. yay. Anyway, about picking up any girls there, I did have one girl that I IMed with occasionally, but nothing ever got sexual. I do not surf their boards in search of stupid girls that think they write neopets fiction well. In fact I haven't been on their site at all recently.
They did not "make you an avatar". I find this lie more offensive than the fact that you killed some dumb bitch.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #104 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

This is my first time posting on the forums. I have been listening to Keith and the Girl just over a year now. I'm 41, female, single, straight, not drunk and care about this post.

I am a single mother of two teenagers (13 y.o. girl and 16 y.o. boy) and am currently back in college as a biology major.

Even though I listened to this episode several weeks ago, I still think about it. My 13 year old daughter was talking to a guy online who she thought was 15. He turned out to be closer to 50. He lived across the country and she never met him. I found out because I made sure her chat logs were being saved, and I read them. There were things that were said that did not add up. I got very suspicious, and when the chat turned sexual, I started checking.

I have spent countless hours talking to both my teenagers about online predators, and I was totally surprised that my daughter almost fell for one. I have since learned from talking to psychologists and from my college courses that a child's brain physically changes during puberty.

The hormones and growth cycles that a child experiences during this important time causes the brain to redirect synapses, and to actually change in size and shape. Doctors have found that adolescents actually lose their ability, at times, to reason. They don't have the ability to see the big picture. They don't have the ability to see all the consequences of their actions. They have even said that that same child at 8 years old would be able to understand certain things but once they hit puberty, they no longer have that same understanding or mental reasoning. That's scary.

The worse part is, the kids think they know it all and both of those factors make it easier for a predator to manipulate and take advantage.

The nonability to reason is not constant during puberty but all a predator has to do is catch them at a vunerable point and devastating consequences can occur.

I just thought it was a good point to make. There is no way a teenager is informed enough to make their own decision to "date" older adults, and adults who think a child is mature enough, is screwed up.

Thanks for reading my first post.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwneyes16 View Post
This is my first time posting on the forums. I have been listening to Keith and the Girl just over a year now. I'm 41, female, single, straight, not drunk and care about this post.

I am a single mother of two teenagers (13 y.o. girl and 16 y.o. boy) and am currently back in college as a biology major.

Even though I listened to this episode several weeks ago, I still think about it. My 13 year old daughter was talking to a guy online who she thought was 15. He turned out to be closer to 50. He lived across the country and she never met him. I found out because I made sure her chat logs were being saved, and I read them. There were things that were said that did not add up. I got very suspicious, and when the chat turned sexual, I started checking.

I have spent countless hours talking to both my teenagers about online predators, and I was totally surprised that my daughter almost fell for one. I have since learned from talking to psychologists and from my college courses that a child's brain physically changes during puberty.

The hormones and growth cycles that a child experiences during this important time causes the brain to redirect synapses, and to actually change in size and shape. Doctors have found that adolescents actually lose their ability, at times, to reason. They don't have the ability to see the big picture. They don't have the ability to see all the consequences of their actions. They have even said that that same child at 8 years old would be able to understand certain things but once they hit puberty, they no longer have that same understanding or mental reasoning. That's scary.

The worse part is, the kids think they know it all and both of those factors make it easier for a predator to manipulate and take advantage.

The nonability to reason is not constant during puberty but all a predator has to do is catch them at a vunerable point and devastating consequences can occur.

I just thought it was a good point to make. There is no way a teenager is informed enough to make their own decision to "date" older adults, and adults who think a child is mature enough, is screwed up.

Thanks for reading my first post.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk Yooooooooooouuuuuuuu and welcome to the forums.

Great first post, unfortunately, the only way to top it is to post pics of your bewbs.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #106 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk Yooooooooooouuuuuuuu and welcome to the forums.

Great first post, unfortunately, the only way to top it is to post pics of your bewbs.
Thank you. It took me this long to get up the courage to post. the "bewbs" will have to wait... baby steps.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Thank you. It took me this long to get up the courage to post. the "bewbs" will have to wait... baby steps.
I'm glad you're not one of those people who gets offended when the forums wants your boobs.
I'm also 14 and I wanna know; how did your daughter react when she found out you were reading her chat logs?
Old 11-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissabunnie View Post
I'm glad you're not one of those people who gets offended when the forums wants your boobs.
I'm also 14 and I wanna know; how did your daughter react when she found out you were reading her chat logs?
Not good. She was livid! But she got over it. It's my job as a parent to protect her and bottom line, I pay the bills, therefore computer and internet access in my house are mine anyway. I don't like to play that card, but sometimes its necessary. I love her, and I'm the one that would do anything for her, so in the end she got over it.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Not good. She was livid! But she got over it. It's my job as a parent to protect her and bottom line, I pay the bills, therefore computer and internet access in my house are mine anyway. I don't like to play that card, but sometimes its necessary. I love her, and I'm the one that would do anything for her, so in the end she got over it.
Wow, 3 posts, 3 FTWs. I hope you post more. It is nice to see mothers/parents who actually do take an active role in raising their child.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Did you punish her?
And when you talked to her about it, what did she say?
I'm really really curious.
Tells me everything, please?