Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

chemda singing at the end is pretty cool too, reminds me a bit of the chick from portishead.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

My favorite part is when Bale goes, "You're a nice guy!" I'd count how many times he said fuck in there, but it's kind of hard to listen to it.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

A remix tune was made of his mental outburst. It's quality.

Bale Out - RevoLucian's Christian Bale Remix!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

I think it's kind of humorous that Keith and Chemda criticized the Terminator director for bringing Bale in line. If you think Bale is unreasonable and temperamental, obviously that isn't going to change no matter what the director says. Getting on Bale's case would only exacerbate the problem and potentially ruin Bale's performance in the movie now that he has an issue with the director. That isn't the way to handle it.

I agree with Spooky. If you're in an artistic medium and you're shitting on the canvas, it's time to throw you the fuck off.

Keith's comparison to the camera running out of film isn't apt. I'm guessing he didn't have that happen twice in one day, and that certainly isn't something that is the direct result of someone's needless and careless actions.

Oh, also, Keith's movie taste is really really odd if he honestly liked any of the Terminator movies. The acting in T2 in particular is some of the worst I've seen. And there's no way that movie can be excused on the account of special effects if fucking Transformers doesn't get a pass in the same regard.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Bale is a douche, but still hot. I've liked nearly every film he has ever made.

All of his roles are very intense and he's probably like that in real life, but I disagree that an actor's personality is exactly like their role in a film. Not everyone plays the same role in every film. I'm making a generalization, but so was Keith. If an actor only plays how they are or want to be in real life, then many people would have multiple personalities. Wouldn't that mean that Bale also likes helping people out and saving lives while also being an "intense weirdo"? I don't think you can pick and choose what part of the personality works with an actor when claiming that every actor is like their character.

Last edited by thirteen; 02-04-2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Oh, also, Keith's movie taste is really really odd if he honestly liked any of the Terminator movies. The acting in T2 in particular is some of the worst I've seen. And there's no way that movie can be excused on the account of special effects if fucking Transformers doesn't get a pass in the same regard.
Oh, also, you have to admit Madonna's brilliant. No way that can be disputed either.

I know you understand how punk kids and robots would act in a pending holocaust situation, but I liked it.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:52 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Oh, also, you have to admit Madonna's brilliant. No way that can be disputed either.
Are you saying the acting in T2 wasn't bad?

Or that the special effects of T2 were more impressive than Transformers?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post

This reminds me of Art school, when we had class critiques of our work. You had to drag anything negative out of people, they were embarrassed to have anything but praise for others. It meant that nobody addressed their flaws, everyone got a huge head about how great their work was, and it was all shit. And when anyone finally said anything negative, it was like this personal attack, this crushing offensive blow that left people nearly in tears and staring at their feet. Like children.

If you're still a child and cant handle people calling you out on your shit, stay home, where its safe. The world would be a much better place if all creative people were like Bale, and handed their ass to anyone who wasn't progressing their art.

You're right about the intensity of Bale, though. That's what sells him, at least to me. And I don't take it personal.
While I agree with your art school assessment(especially after seeing what comes out of SCAD), I don't really see the parallel of pointing out foibles in a shitty painting than ranting and raving for what seemed to be forever and demanding that the DP gets fired.
Christian Bale is way out of line. All actors are puppets. He should behave like one. Well, not really.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

Linda Hamilton wasn't bad at all in the flick. Furlong sucked, but it didn't ruin the movie. People weren't flocking to T2 for the performances of talented actors. It was for plot (which absolutely ruled and trumps Transformers) and groundbreaking special effects. T2's effects were FAR more groundbreaking than Transformers. Comparing the special effects of the two films is like comparing the box office grosses... adjust for inflation.

Artistic or not... it's someone else job to keep everyone on set in line. That wasn't Christian Bale's job. If he had a problem, he should have taken it up with the director. What he did was unprofessional and further compromised the set of a multi-million dollar movie. He threatened to kick another co-workers ass. No amount of artistic intergrity or any of that shit can excuse that behavior.

Besides, I watch enough Entourage to know that this shit doesn't fly in Hollywood (of course I'm kidding about this one).
Old 02-04-2009, 10:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Okay, so the special effects in Transformers were better than those of T2. You can't really dispute that, it's true. BUT the shit they did back in '92, the pre 'CG All-over-the-place' bullshit we have today, was impressive. That movie had little to no special effects, it was all done with make up (except a few T1000 scenes), and real fuckin vehicles! Transformers was Shia LaDouche in front of a green screen for 3 hours. I can appreciate both, but T2 was fuckin mindblowing back in 1992! The shit they did was very impressive for its time. And as for the acting, they were all robots, so that is how they acted! Okay the kid who played John Connor kinda sucked, but don't bring Transformers into an argument and talk about bad acting!